Author Topic: GAME - Name a song/songs, with no name drops.....  (Read 1341 times)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Re: GAME - Name a song/songs, with no name drops.....
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2009, 02:27:39 PM »
The Game is a great mimic & can use any rapper's style at any given point he chooses to.
(EX during his features.. or whatever is hott at the time, he will utilize it in his style)

Game defo is a fan of Hip-Hop he know's his shit..
(Know's exactly what every rapper would say had they wrote the song themself)
And do it better than them.

Check his track record, During his Get Low stuff he was Shyne/Mausberg Like... (Real laid back & voice)
On his debut he became Mausberg & Dr. Dre in his "Niggaz4life" days 80% (Aggressive/Yell style) (If I close my eyes I can imagine Dre spit everything)

On Doctors Advocate he was "Death Row's" Dr. Dre full on while shifting into whoever would feature with him...
Also certain song's you could almost swear Game wrote those verses for Dre to spit them.

On LAX his style became more his own, but incorporated alot different elements such as alot of Jezzy influence...
Let's put it this way, You can defo tell which Albums Game was bumping during the making of all his albums.

That said, I like Games albums. Defo glad dude is coming back with new stuff. I'm a fan.
(This reminds me alot of Master P the OG best Mimic of all-time. Styles used >Spice 1/Scarface/2Pac/Whatever was poppin' on the south...)

Not hating, I bump it.

lol i disagree.
the Dre imitations on Doctor's Advocate were poor.

LOL I guess I forgot to put "For the most part" in there somewhere...

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2009, 02:30:07 PM »
it's all subjective

MediumL

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2009, 02:37:39 PM »
game kinda boring. he makes a hot song here and there but is weak at carrying songs himself when the beat aint monster. tbh he sums up the west for me, same old lolos, guns, crips, bloods, compton, weed etc. Kinda played out
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2009, 04:52:20 PM »
On his JT released G.A.M.E. album there are some songs where there is no name droppin.. Same goes for Untold Stories 1,2

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2009, 05:33:14 PM »
Horrible lyrics, hypocritical and fictional subject matter (male stripper, Change of Heart, didn't grow up in the hood), stupid following of mindless fans, name dropping of completely random people and rappers, boring and repetitive flow. Game fans are a lot like Lil Wayne fans really. And it's not about being subjective, their music just sucks.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2009, 05:40:33 PM »
Horrible lyrics, hypocritical and fictional subject matter (male stripper, Change of Heart, didn't grow up in the hood), stupid following of mindless fans, name dropping of completely random people and rappers, boring and repetitive flow. Game fans are a lot like Lil Wayne fans really. And it's not about being subjective, their music just sucks.

lol thats pretty harsh, but i can tell by your karma that you post in this section a lot. :laugh:

but kind of agree there. his music doesnt suck, it just isnt some classic shit everybody thinks it is.

the fans make it worse because like you said, they are a lot like Wayne fans in the way they treat everything he does as if it is the best thing rap will ever hear, i find it funny though lol.

The Documentary was a great album, imo.

Docter's Advocate was great too.

LAX was weak, just filled with features (who completely carried the album).

they are strong albums, but they arent like groundbreaking, the greatest thing ever, kind of albums. fans just need to hop off at that point.

Maully aka [Fitted Da Boss]

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Karma is A Bitch...Know That!
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2009, 07:20:06 PM »
its because Game isnt a good lyricist at all lmao.

i still dont know why people are so crazy about him; he got killed on every song by every single on of his features lol.

Luda, Common, Nas, Raekwon.

then two of the songs that he was alone he rapped like somebody else lol.

how much more overrated can you get?

dont get me wrong, i bump his old shit & i still bump some songs off LAX from time to time; but he isnt really THAT good, like some people on this board are seriously confused about lol.

.and joe budden and ludacris do as much if not more than he does...hatin on game sometimes is jus fun for people..and state of emergency he only drops 2 names and thats in the same verse...and thats one of his best songs...

lol, no Budden name drops occasionally & he doesnt even name drop rappers lol.

Luda name drops like objects, if that counts? not really people though, but occasionally.

i remember somebody took a count his name dropping in one of the LAX threads, he name dropped like easily 50 names (some repeated).

but seriously, whats better than constantly repeating "patrone", "six-four", "lo-lo", "Ice Cube", "Pac", etc.? ::)

u str8 up hatin now...he out rapped everyone of his features on lax first of all common verse wasnt all that...and nas rapped on letter 2 the king...and games last verse>>> game killed raekwon on bulletproof diaries...so idk what u was listenin 2...except maybe ludacris but even he came weak on that joint...like what type of shit is u on...? u a bi-polar dude aint u..? i see all of ya posts u dont know if u wanna give him props or diss him. and yes i listen 2 budden daily...thats my dude..he name drops all the time...thats his style...he likes to use metaphors and use peoples name as similies...undisputed ludacris name drops not jus objects but people so much but nobody says anything about it...they only bitch and complain when game does it

Ya Boy Is Off The Wall, These Other Niggas Is Titoooo!

Maully aka [Fitted Da Boss]

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Karma is A Bitch...Know That!
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2009, 07:25:40 PM »
and i keep hearing his groupies make him seem like he makes the best music ever...no they dont...i havent seen one game fan on here ever say yo game>>>>Rap...yall the ones that say that...and if game thinks he's the dopest nigga out he's suppose to...he suppose 2 say he's wack... ::) gimme a break...

Ya Boy Is Off The Wall, These Other Niggas Is Titoooo!

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2009, 08:03:50 PM »
and i keep hearing his groupies make him seem like he makes the best music ever...no they dont...i havent seen one game fan on here ever say yo game>>>>Rap...yall the ones that say that...and if game thinks he's the dopest nigga out he's suppose to...he suppose 2 say he's wack... ::) gimme a break...

I honestly believe name dropping like Game is sign of a weak lyricists, not of a style.  I was down with it on The Documentary because it was purposeful.  In a way he was tracing the history of rap while paying respect to those who came before.  That's dope!  I dig what he did with Game's Pain because it's essentially the same concept put to use. 

But, after The Documentary and with the exception of Game's Pain,  that's all he does.  For all the talk about missing the golden age of hip-hop he doesn't walk the image he wishes to present.  He needs to show his MC skills to be taken seriously.   This boy can't touch the mic like Rakim, like Eminem, like Jay-Z, like Big Daddy Kane, like Lupe.  And, if he can, he hasn't spit it for us to hear.    In the long run, name dropping has hindered him.  He makes a track about MLK Jr. and his influence on him why bring it down with shit about Rhianna's Umbrella?  It's pointless and stupid.   Game could have and still can easily be one of the best in the game if he picked up his lyrical skill.  Put the pen to the paper and focus.  We all know he has incredible skill with the vocals.   

Budden has made more then enough music where he doesn't name drop.  You can't compare the two lyrically.  Budden outshines Game.  That's why Budden is in Slaughterhouse.  Game doesn't hold a torch to them lyrically.  Vocally Game owns Budden.  Game can't write the shit Budden wrote for Padded Room.

And, like hell did Game out spit Common on Angel.  Common came with some slick shit while Game did the cliche "I Used to Love H.E.R" shit.  That's so original referencing Common's classic joint.
Ya Heard was one of the few dope joints on LAX, I thought they both came correct.

Both The Doctor's Advocate and LAX are hindered by pointless name dropping and excessive guest features.  LAX had a good idea - it would represent Game's dominance as a West Coast artist while trying out different styles of rap with guest features (which would be tight if he didn't always have too many guest features.)  LAX was hindered by poor execution of song concepts.  Nobody has explained to me how LET US LIVE has shit to do with the song content.  Either rename the track or spit some real shit.  All around the board it was poor.  The dopest track was left off the cd too - Spanglish. 

Do I think Game can write quality lyrics? Yeah, he's show he has can but 71% of the time he doesn't.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2009, 08:07:36 PM »
damn action real talk
good lookin for this

I honestly believe name dropping like Game is sign of a weak lyricists, not of a style.  I was down with it on The Documentary because it was purposeful.  In a way he was tracing the history of rap while paying respect to those who came before.  That's dope!  I dig what he did with Game's Pain because it's essentially the same concept put to use. 

But, after The Documentary and with the exception of Game's Pain,  that's all he does.  For all the talk about missing the golden age of hip-hop he doesn't walk the image he wishes to present.  He needs to show his MC skills to be taken seriously.   This boy can't touch the mic like Rakim, like Eminem, like Jay-Z, like Big Daddy Kane, like Lupe.  And, if he can, he hasn't spit it for us to hear.    In the long run, name dropping has hindered him.  He makes a track about MLK Jr. and his influence on him why bring it down with shit about Rhianna's Umbrella?  It's pointless and stupid.   Game could have and still can easily be one of the best in the game if he picked up his lyrical skill.  Put the pen to the paper and focus.  We all know he has incredible skill with the vocals.   

Budden has made more then enough music where he doesn't name drop.  You can't compare the two lyrically.  Budden outshines Game.  That's why Budden is in Slaughterhouse.  Game doesn't hold a torch to them lyrically.  Vocally Game owns Budden.  Game can't write the shit Budden wrote for Padded Room.

And, like hell did Game out spit Common on Angel.  Common came with some slick shit while Game did the cliche "I Used to Love H.E.R" shit.  That's so original referencing Common's classic joint.
Ya Heard was one of the few dope joints on LAX, I thought they both came correct.

Both The Doctor's Advocate and LAX are hindered by pointless name dropping and excessive guest features.  LAX had a good idea - it would represent Game's dominance as a West Coast artist while trying out different styles of rap with guest features (which would be tight if he didn't always have too many guest features.)  LAX was hindered by poor execution of song concepts.  Nobody has explained to me how LET US LIVE has shit to do with the song content.  Either rename the track or spit some real shit.  All around the board it was poor.  The dopest track was left off the cd too - Spanglish. 

Do I think Game can write quality lyrics? Yeah, he's show he has can but 71% of the time he doesn't.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2009, 08:20:44 PM »

i still dont know why people are so crazy about him; he got killed on every song by every single on of his features lol.

dont get me wrong, i bump his old shit & i still bump some songs off LAX from time to time; but he isnt really THAT good, like some people on this board are seriously confused about lol.

.and joe budden and ludacris do as much if not more than he does...hatin on game sometimes is jus fun for people..and state of emergency he only drops 2 names and thats in the same verse...and thats one of his best songs...

Luda name drops like objects, if that counts? not really people though, but occasionally.

i remember somebody took a count his name dropping in one of the LAX threads, he name dropped like easily 50 names (some repeated).

but seriously, whats better than constantly repeating "patrone", "six-four", "lo-lo", "Ice Cube", "Pac", etc.? ::)

u str8 up hatin now...he out rapped everyone of his features on lax first of all common verse wasnt all that...and nas rapped on letter 2 the king...and games last verse>>> game killed raekwon on bulletproof diaries...so idk what u was listenin 2...except maybe ludacris but even he came weak on that joint...like what type of shit is u on...? u a bi-polar dude aint u..? i see all of ya posts u dont know if u wanna give him props or diss him. and yes i listen 2 budden daily...thats my dude..he name drops all the time...thats his style...he likes to use metaphors and use peoples name as similies...undisputed ludacris name drops not jus objects but people so much but nobody says anything about it...they only bitch and complain when game does it

lmao, no...not at all.

your clearly a HUGE Game fan, so its hard to hold a normal conversation, because your always going to be Game-biased; exactly why your CLEARLY confused on me being "bi-polar". i know when i want to give him props, and i know when i want to diss him lol.

i am not a groupie-type fan (of anybody), i dont just accept that everything a rapper does is great because i am a fan.

i think LAX was weak, but of course to you Common was weak, Luda came weak, Nas came weak, Rae came weak & Game came his best (of course, right?). i wont front though, it could just be your opinon & your entitled to it.

when Game puts out good music i "prop" it. The Documentary, D.A., i propped it; it was great, imo. lately Game has fallen off, but the fans think he's some legend; just because you name drop (in every song) a legends name, doesnt mean your in the same category as them lol.

i am telling you, Joe Budden is not name dropping nearly as much as Game, Luda maybe; but again i am telling you he is more of an object metaphor/simile guy.

& its not just jumping on it because Game does it; look at the very thread your saying that in, you cant name more than 3 songs where he doesnt name drop, so thats a pretty stupid argument. its noticed in his rapping so much, that it has become a trait of his trade.

see how hard you are trying to defend him though? its really not that nessesary, just admit the truth, lmao.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2009, 08:32:00 PM »
I only speak for myself but I would love if Game would prove that he is of caliber of the Golden Era.  I want the best hip-hop artist to be from the West Coast (people argue Crooked-I is the best rapper) and have mainstream appeal (crooked-i is lacking in this aspect).  I want a West Coast artist to break mainstream and show the world what's up.
- Banks

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2009, 08:33:42 PM »
yeah i feel what you sayin action
doubt game will be able to do that
(i mean hes talkin bout retirin this week, and then next week askin if dre will re-sign him)

I only speak for myself but I would love if Game would prove that he is of caliber of the Golden Era.  I want the best hip-hop artist to be from the West Coast (people argue Crooked-I is the best rapper) and have mainstream appeal (crooked-i is lacking in this aspect).  I want a West Coast artist to break mainstream and show the world what's up.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2009, 08:39:44 PM »
I've given up on Game doing that.  I thought he would've been the one after The Documentary dropped.  Hell,  I was riding with him after the 50 beef but when The Doctor's Advocate dropped I knew it wasn't going to happen.
- Banks

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2009, 11:34:19 PM »

LOL! that's the trademark of a groupie!  ;D
hahahaha

lol thats pretty harsh, but i can tell by your karma that you post in this section a lot. :laugh:

but kind of agree there. his music doesnt suck, it just isnt some classic shit everybody thinks it is.

the fans make it worse because like you said, they are a lot like Wayne fans in the way they treat everything he does as if it is the best thing rap will ever hear, i find it funny though lol.

The Documentary was a great album, imo.

Docter's Advocate was great too.

LAX was weak, just filled with features (who completely carried the album).

they are strong albums, but they arent like groundbreaking, the greatest thing ever, kind of albums. fans just need to hop off at that point.

yeah i'm not going to deny that i listen to a couple of his songs,
but he's not a good writer at all.