Author Topic: RIP NICK ADENHART  (Read 437 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: RIP NICK ADENHART
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2009, 09:19:16 PM »
RIP

fuck drunk drivers, why isn't DUI a felony?

DUI Manslaughter is a felony and I am sure this scumbag will be charged with it however it is a second degree felony because there is no malice aforethought so sentence will be less than 15 years

yeah, but in general if a DUI meant go to jail for a minimum year then i'm sure we'd see a nice decrease in that....ofcourse there's prob not enough space lol

I completely agree w/ you but you brought up the correct reason why it won't happen, not enough space in the prisons.

yeah...theres too many DUI's though and i'm sure if ppl started going to jail alot of ppl eventually would get the message

oh well....i digress.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2009, 09:48:24 PM »
If you send people to jail for DUI, people will revolt. They already are pissed the police are being more attentive (i.e. man they stopped me for no reason, and I had just a couple of drinks) and a number of people would be locked up.

My dad taught a DUI class as a recovered alcoholic who's been 27 years sober. What's fucked up is these people feel like they have every right to drink and drive, it's nothing to them. They have no concept that alcohol is fucking up their life and judgment. Yeah, it's okay to have a drink for dinner, but people that do drive under the influence are people that have no idea they have a drinking problem, and have no clue when enough is enough. My dad had stories of these guys basically saying, yeah, I drink, alot, but so, it's my business if I drink then get in my car and drive. It's fucked up. Then they argue they don't have a problem, they argue that they should be able to drink as much as they want, beat their wife if they want, drive if they want, no one has died at their hands (yet) so why should they change. It's a fuckin' problem, and just thinking of it makes me sick to my stomach.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2009, 09:51:44 PM »
yeah

throwing on promo's and Public service announcements on the TV and radio don't have enough of an impact when your DRUNK at the bar

thats why i think stiffer fines or sentences are needed
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Bananas

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2009, 11:21:51 PM »
The DA office is filing a report and will possibly charge the fucking scumbag with murder. I hate drunk drivers.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2009, 11:31:14 PM »
fucked up. :-\

RIP

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2009, 11:52:42 PM »
The DA office is filing a report and will possibly charge the fucking scumbag with murder. I hate drunk drivers.

I don't see how the DA will be able to convict this scumbag of murder though.  1st degree murder requires premeditation and deliberation and although that is not required for 2nd degree murder their is still a requirement of intent to kill for 2nd degree murder.  In a death related from a DUI I don't see how you can charge the defendant w/ murder in the first or second degree, DUI Manslaughter which is Involuntary Manslaughter is the most you can charge the defendant with considering the situations that exist.  The DA could try the Felony-Murder rule if it is applicable in the state where this charge will be filed but that is also a longshot.

DIP DIP SET SET

Rick McCrank

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2009, 12:06:44 AM »
the guy killed 3 people while drunk.... he'll get life in prison

Elano

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2009, 12:08:03 AM »

An investigator takes notes around the car in which authorities said Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart and two others
were fatally injured early Thursday morning when a minivan driven by an alleged drunken driver broadsided them after running a red light.

Police arrested Andrew Thomas Gallo, 22, of Riverside, on suspicion of felony driving under the influence and vehicular manslaughter,
said Lt. Kevin Hamilton of the Fullerton Police Department. Gallo has a prior DUI conviction and his driver's license had been suspended, Hamilton said.

R.I.P.

Rick McCrank

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2009, 12:10:05 AM »
it's a trip if you think about it...

he was probably in the dugout after pitching thinking how great everything is

having no idea he'd be fucking dead hours later....  how crazy is that!

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2009, 12:18:18 AM »
the guy killed 3 people while drunk.... he'll get life in prison

The law doesn't always work like that.  Obviously I think he deserves that but read my post about first and second degree murder, I don't see how the DA can charge defendant with that in this situation, the drunk driver didn't premeditate and deliberate killing these people and he didn't intend to kill anyone and that is required for both degrees of murder.  Now the DA might be able to apply the felony murder rule here and that is applicable in California but I am not sure if that will work but it might and it could be the DA's best shot.  Involuntary Manslaughter is what they will most likely have to charge the defendant with and that only carries a 10-15 year sentence.

DIP DIP SET SET

Rick McCrank

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2009, 12:31:21 AM »
that's fuckin ridiculous...

why do I have the feeling that if I were the guy I'd get life in prison?

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2009, 12:47:57 AM »

Hey I am with you and it is a fact that hispanics and African Americans are discriminated against in all stages of the criminal justice process but I just don't see how the DA can charge this defendant w/ any degree of murder unless they apply the felony-murder rule but I am not a Lawyer yet so who knows what the DA will try to pull off.  Regardless of all this my heart goes out to Nick Adenhart and is family, friends and teammates, RIP

DIP DIP SET SET

Bananas

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2009, 01:03:35 AM »

Hey I am with you and it is a fact that hispanics and African Americans are discriminated against in all stages of the criminal justice process but I just don't see how the DA can charge this defendant w/ any degree of murder unless they apply the felony-murder rule but I am not a Lawyer yet so who knows what the DA will try to pull off.  Regardless of all this my heart goes out to Nick Adenhart and is family, friends and teammates, RIP

Hey I'm just going off local news, I know KTLA isn't the end all be all but they said it's a possibility, and that's a possibility I hope comes to fruition.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2009, 01:50:57 AM »
I am wrong, looks like DA is charging him with 3 counts of murder as well, they must be applying the felony-murder rule here and they definitely have the grounds to do so because this death occurred during the commission of a felony (the drivers hit and run) so the law can skip the specific intent and premeditation and deliberation that is required for murder because the felony-murder rule transfers the intent if the death occurred during the commission of another felony and the drivers hit and run was a felony so yeah the DA is on top of things obviously and this guy is finished.  Hooray for Justice!!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 01:54:56 AM by S P I C E »

DIP DIP SET SET

Rick McCrank

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2009, 02:02:10 AM »
yea dude he killed 3 people and then ran!  :-X

like you said we're not lawyers but I just can't see this hispanic guy getting 10-15  :laugh:

he's fucked no doubt, he just has to be.... I gotta roll the dice on him getting life, there's no argument for it