Author Topic: CNN Interview: Capone-N-Noreaga  (Read 60 times)

Lunatic

CNN Interview: Capone-N-Noreaga
« on: April 08, 2009, 08:42:43 PM »
http://raptalk.net/website/content/view/1465/

Raptalk.Net hooked up with CNN a few weeks ago for an exclusive interview. We keep it real with our readers, this interview was scheduled to drop on March 16th, a day before CNN put out their group album, "Channel 10." Unfortunately, the interview was temporarily lost but we've recovered it and decided to put it out there regardless, for all the CNN fans around the world!

Raptalk.Net: We’re here with one of the rawest groups out of the NYC! Capone and Nore, CNN themselves! How are y’all doing?

Nore: What’s going on Raptalk.Net? What’s going on?

Capone: What’s good my ‘G?

Raptalk.Net: We’re doing well. I want to start the interview off real big and bold because we got a big group in the house! How does it feel to be releasing another CNN album after such a long break?

Nore: Oh man, I actually didn’t realize how long it had been. We’re here now and we’re into it; we’re gonna’ do it big. We finished it up and it’ll be out March 17th; we’re very excited about it. We’re gonna’ get to it!

Raptalk.Net: Will the fans realize! It’s been nine years!

Nore: I know man! I can (laughs) that is what the fans are telling me, and everybody else. Shit, it’s been so long! Just for the fans fake, we’re gonna’ do two albums, back-to-back; for the fans sake.

Raptalk.Net: That’s what we like to hear and we’re glad to have the group back. Will “Channel 10” feed the fans’ appetite the fans have for some new CNN music?

Nore: I believe it will feed their appetites but just in case, we’re gonna’ do another one! We want their appetites to be full.

Raptalk.Net: And some dessert!

Nore: And some dessert! You know what I’m saying? Definitely.

Raptalk.Net: We’re talking about the break, it’s been nine years. How would you say your individual styles have changed since “The Reunion” came out?

Nore: I’m actually into whatever is clever. I come from the heart. If I feel like I wanna’ do it and it’s something I’m passionate about, it’s something I wanna’ accomplish and it’s something I wanna’ take on or do, I go straight into it and do it. That’s the type of person that I am. On “The Reunion” and even “The War Report”, I was sort of trapped in not this shell, but I was doing what I thought people wanted me to do and I wasn’t willing to take the risks nowadays.

Capone: I think I might have gotten iller! I’ve mastered my flow. CNN “The War Report” album I was new, “The Reunion” album I was fresh out of jail. Now I’m like a beast!

Raptalk.Net: The lead single is “Rotate” and it’s not exactly your typical CNN single.

Nore: Basically to tell you the truth, the record was really a Nore record at first, it got leaked and we pushed it to a CNN record. It’s worked out beautifully because CNN has never had a radio record. But if you go out and get the album, the album is really hardcore which is what the fans want and love.

Capone: At the end of the day, the old school CNN fans are older now and they grew just like we grew. Music is music. I think that they’ll respect the fact that CNN is staying relevant.

Raptalk.Net: How would you describe the overall vibe of the album?

Capone: The album is hard! “Rotate” is the only happy record on there. The album is hard.

Raptalk.Net: What type of guest appearances are on the album?

Nore: Uncle Murda, Maino, The Clipse, Tha Dogg Pound – there all on a record. And then we got Mobb Deep, Ron Brownz and then Busta Rhymes. We really made the album by ourself, no help. We have beats produced by (The) Alchemist, beats produced by (DJ) Premier; we’re just out here trying to grind.

Raptalk.Net: There’s a song on the record with Tha Dogg Pound AND The Clipse?

Nore: Clipse, Dogg Pound, Uncle Murda and Maino

Raptalk.Net: On the same record?

Nore: On the same record.

Raptalk.Net: That sounds crazy!

Nore: Yep!

Raptalk.Net: How do you want the fans to perceive this album?

Nore: I want to them to go out there and be satisfied. It’s a great album. I want them to fuck with it.

Raptalk.Net: Are y’all working on solo albums at this time as well?

Nore: Absolutely! I’m finishing up my solo album right now. I’m getting my last song from Skateboard P, he’s (Pharrell) in Australia right now. He’s gonna’ send me the song in twenty minutes actually and I’m going to write it. I have records from Kid Cudi, Will.I.Am, Raekwon and more. You’re definitely going to see that.

Capone: I’m working on a solo album. My joint is called “RIP: Revenge Is a Promise.” We don’t say Rest in Peace; we say “Revenge Is a Promise”.

Raptalk.Net: When is that coming out?

Capone: Right after the CNN! We’re probably going to do the CNN, then the Nore, then my album and then another CNN.

Raptalk.Net: Which of the three “Blood Money” tracks are your favorite and why?

Capone: The first “Blood Money” because it was so hard. We rapped on that one the best.

Raptalk.Net: How do you look back on the “LA LA” track?

Capone: That track was hard! We was from Queens, New York man – they came in and stomped the buildings and we held it down. At the end of the day, they became our best friends. Snoop (Dogg) is my big homie. I love Tha Dogg Pound; Kurupt is my mutha fuckin’ homie; Daz (Dillinger) is my homie. Uncle June Bug is my homie. They became the best of our friends, and we made diss songs together just holding our cities down; not against each other, just holding our cities down and we became the best of friends. For the “LA LA” track didn’t just bring two different people from two different coasts together, but it made us friends.

Raptalk.Net: And Tha Dogg Pound is on the album!

Capone: And Tha Dogg Pound is on the new album! Damn, you’re good! (laughs)

Raptalk.Net: (Laughs) Are you guys planning on working with Tragedy Khadafi in the near future?

Capone: Yeah, as soon as he comes outta’ jail, we’re gonna’ work with him! Everybody gives a shout out to Tragedy, hold ya’ head, you know what I’m saying?

Raptalk.Net: When you were recording “The War Report”, did you guys know it was going to be such a classic album?

Capone: I didn’t know it was gonna’ be such a classic, but with me being such a fan of myself, I had high expectations.

Raptalk.Net: What are your thoughts on east coast Hip-Hop right now?

Capone: It is what it is. East coast Hip-Hop is Hip-Hop. I think we’re running things right now. South, south-east, north-east, whatever Hip-Hop it is, it’s running. I’m just happy for all the artists right now.

Raptalk.Net: Who’s your favorite up and coming east coast artist?

Capone: My favorite up and coming east coast artist now is probably Maino. He’s coming up. Charlie Hustle is coming up. Doe is coming up; You have a lot of people coming up.

Raptalk.Net: Thanks a lot for your time guys! Do y’all have any last words?

Nore: That’s it! CNN, “Channel 10” March 17th.

Capone: Watch out for that “Channel 10” album, watch out for that “RIP” album – “Revenge Is a Promise” and the “S.O.R.E” album – we’re coming for their heads this year, baby! Thanks a lot family; Peace!
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

kuruptDPG

Re: CNN Interview: Capone-N-Noreaga
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 05:50:19 PM »
damn luna, dope interview cheers. you asked my question as well about la la, gd to hear they kl with dpg