Author Topic: Padded Room Explained???  (Read 271 times)

KURUPTION-81

Padded Room Explained???
« on: April 08, 2009, 12:30:00 PM »
Anybodykilla wrote this on the rip of the album thread.

On gotta go he tells the listeners how he use to be a drug user and that he dont feel like living anymore. Dont make me is him having all kind of suicidal thoughts. In my sleep takes place in a mental institution. He is in a padded room by himself. He is obviously depressed most of the time....so when the nurse gives him his medicine((anti-depressant)), he start to hallucinate. Through out the course of the song he tells you why he is in the mental institution. The reasons are his career with def jam, the death of stack, his uncle mike and his grandmother ((keeps him depress)). While on drugs he start to elevate his life.....but his conscience come into play which show him hell v.s heaven. While in the padded room joey dreams and his depression ask if he is cheating b/c she doesnt want him to be happy instead wants him to be depress and suicidal which ties in with angel in my life. Angel in my life is where we see that joey was release into society and became a murderer. Then pray 4 me he is battling god since he chose to go with satan. On exxxes is where he chose his depression over the drugs which leads to him write a suicidal note on do tell. I couldnt help it isnt a bout a woman but him explaining that he couldnt help but chose depression.

Does anyone have more info ??

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Padded Room Explained???
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 12:46:22 PM »
ur wrong bout i couldent help it

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 12:55:23 PM »

yeah i agree with that, read a few threads saying the girl in it is busta's wife.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 12:58:54 PM »

yeah i agree with that, read a few threads saying the girl in it is busta's wife.
ye i heard that too i also heard a few other names be thrown around but who knows

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 01:22:11 PM »
pretty sure "Exxxes" is wrong too.

that song is about him dealing with his old self, still depressing & all.

ALBUM OF THE MILLENIUM! 8)

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 04:40:34 PM »

On gotta go he tells the listeners how he use to be a drug user and that he dont feel like living anymore. Dont make me is him having all kind of suicidal thoughts. In my sleep takes place in a mental institution. He is in a padded room by himself. He is obviously depressed most of the time....so when the nurse gives him his medicine((anti-depressant)), he start to hallucinate. Through out the course of the song he tells you why he is in the mental institution. The reasons are his career with def jam, the death of stack, his uncle mike and his grandmother ((keeps him depress)). While on drugs he start to elevate his life.....but his conscience come into play which show him hell v.s heaven. While in the padded room joey dreams and his depression ask if he is cheating b/c she doesnt want him to be happy instead wants him to be depress and suicidal which ties in with angel in my life. Angel in my life is where we see that joey was release into society and became a murderer. Then pray 4 me he is battling god since he chose to go with satan. On exxxes is where he chose his depression over the drugs which leads to him write a suicidal note on do tell. I couldnt help it isnt a bout a woman but him explaining that he couldnt help but chose depression.

Some interesting theories there. Personally, I think Joey is the David Lynch of Hip-Hop. His music is knowingly createed to deliver multiple interpretations. In My Sleep, to me, sounds like it could be Budden's belated contribution to the soundtrack of Mulholland Drive. (If you haven't seen it, watch the film and I think you'll see where I'm coming from.)

I actually started writing an article all about the afore-mentioned comparison. It basically focused on how I interpreted In My Sleep, and similarities I see with Lynch's work. This thread inspires me to get on my grind and finish that!
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 04:48:59 PM »
Yah i got that from the SOHH forum!!!

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 11:10:10 AM »

Some interesting theories there. Personally, I think Joey is the David Lynch of Hip-Hop. His music is knowingly createed to deliver multiple interpretations. In My Sleep, to me, sounds like it could be Budden's belated contribution to the soundtrack of Mulholland Drive. (If you haven't seen it, watch the film and I think you'll see where I'm coming from.)

I actually started writing an article all about the afore-mentioned comparison. It basically focused on how I interpreted In My Sleep, and similarities I see with Lynch's work. This thread inspires me to get on my grind and finish that!

sounds like it would be an interesting read, props.

Jaydc555

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 12:57:33 PM »
Its funny how an emcee like Joe gets so overlooked and yet someone like jeezy can barely make the ends of bars rhyme but is held up so highly.it just confirms that most of the population is retarded.this album went over peoples heads

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2009, 01:13:29 PM »
haha yeah but imagine if joe was on mtv, bet, 24/7 like jeezy the wack rapper is vs joe bein a better 1
i mean theres a long list of rappers like that
tech n9ne
planet asia
imgaine if they got more support?

Its funny how an emcee like Joe gets so overlooked and yet someone like jeezy can barely make the ends of bars rhyme but is held up so highly.it just confirms that most of the population is retarded.this album went over peoples heads
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Jaydc555

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2009, 01:20:29 PM »
Well Joe just wouldn't sell you can't package a rapper like that to the public because most of the public isn't intelligent they don't like to feel stupid or have to think much while listening to music.but what bothers me is people equate sales with skills.just because Wayne sells and jeezy sells doesn't Make them great rappers like people seem to think.the only reason jay is considered one of the best is sales.on skills alone he just isn't that good.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2009, 01:28:42 PM »
real talk jay but thats where your smarter than others (the others your usin as an example) tha fact that you can seperate the two differences and say for example
joe budden is better than t.i.
or
tech n9ne is better than jay-z
vs the media sayin lil wayne is the best rapper alive cuz hes sold 3 million records, and the teenagers love him.
yeah they love him but look what he has to do to get them sales?  watch 5 years from now that same "best rapper alive" will be sauyin the muzik he made wasnt the muzik he wanted to make when he made it
vs tech n9ne sellin a total of 1 million records thru-out his entire career but the muzik he makes is the true tech n9ne and he dont mind not goin industry and sellin 20,000 the first week whereas a industry sell out like t.i., wayne sells 200,000 the first week

Well Joe just wouldn't sell you can't package a rapper like that to the public because most of the public isn't intelligent they don't like to feel stupid or have to think much while listening to music.but what bothers me is people equate sales with skills.just because Wayne sells and jeezy sells doesn't Make them great rappers like people seem to think.the only reason jay is considered one of the best is sales.on skills alone he just isn't that good.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2009, 01:40:01 AM »
The music is what you make it.  I hate hearing what the rapper was talking about in a song or why he wrote it..  If I relate to it, it's because of something I went through, so it's actually my story being told, not the rappers...