Poll

Should topics be posted in the "Sports" or "Entertainment" section?

Sports
Entertainment

Author Topic: WWE  (Read 911 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: WWE
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2009, 04:22:53 PM »
It's a sport...might be a fixed sport, but it's still a sport. there doesn't have to be a winner for it to be considered a sport, riding a bike is considered a sport. break-dancing is considered a sport. shooting at a gun range can be considered a sport. wrestling is a sport just as much as it is entertainment. a scripted sport? yes. but still a sport...PeACe

yeah, but bike riding, break dancing & shooting a gun isnt scripted or choreographed.

break dancing can be choreographed, actually

So if Im an actor, making a basketball movie....does that make acting a sport?

it makes it a sport movie

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2009, 02:07:24 AM »
It's a sport...might be a fixed sport, but it's still a sport. there doesn't have to be a winner for it to be considered a sport, riding a bike is considered a sport. break-dancing is considered a sport. shooting at a gun range can be considered a sport. wrestling is a sport just as much as it is entertainment. a scripted sport? yes. but still a sport...PeACe

yeah, but bike riding, break dancing & shooting a gun isnt scripted or choreographed.

what Im saying is, Pro Wrestling has a script....they arent actually fighting. They are pretending to fight...following a script. No different then if Im an actor, pretending to fight, in a fighting movie.

You wouldnt say acting is a sport if its on the big screen....so why would it be a sport otherwise?
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2009, 01:23:21 PM »
It's called sports entertainment and could belong in other or both categories on this forum. It's not like fixed sports because in fixed sports like boxing the matches are all real competitions until someone decides to stage a fixed fight. In wrestling today they are all predetermined until someone gets pissed and starts actually fighting (which rarely ever happens).

The reason I would put it in the sports section is because it is rooted in sport. Wrestling was once real and could be again. Some would argue that it already is the case of UFC and MMA. The resurgence of MMA started because Japanese Wrestling promoters decided to their "fake" wrestlers actually fight. And with the gaining popularity of UFC there is no guaranteeing that the WWE might not one day go back to being real wrestling.

Vince McMahon himself promoted the Brawl For All in the 90s which was real sport and while he never fully promoted real fight sports, Jess McMahon once upon a time did.

I say just leave it where it is because it's closer to what Fedor and Vitali do than what Sean Penn does. It's more of a sport than Golf and Golf belongs here. Yes Golf is a real competition but so is freestyle rapping.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2009, 03:08:28 PM »

what Im saying is, Pro Wrestling has a script....they arent actually fighting. They are pretending to fight...following a script. No different then if Im an actor, pretending to fight, in a fighting movie.

You wouldnt say acting is a sport if its on the big screen....so why would it be a sport otherwise?

ummm...they are fighting. the outcome is just pre-determined. it's not like a movie, where it's scripted scene by scene. LOL.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2009, 03:28:55 PM »

ummm...they are fighting. the outcome is just pre-determined. it's not like a movie, where it's scripted scene by scene. LOL.

lol...actually, it is.

http://destinationwrestling.forumcommunity.net/?t=25192440

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2009, 03:51:40 PM »
it's all planned.

have you ever seen John Cena fight?

he does the same move set to finish opponets match after match.

he gives back to back diving shoulders off the ropes, his opponet stands up & throws a right hand like he is trying to knock him out but Cena ducks under 100% of the time & then he does like a backwards suplex, the 5 Knuckle-Shuffle & then finishes him with his F-U or whatever he calls it now.

i mean that happens in literally every single John Cena match, you would think that the opponet would realize what is going on and not try to look like every other wrestler Cena has faced before, if it wasn't 100% planned lol.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2009, 03:53:02 PM »
it's all planned.

he gives back to back diving shoulders off the ropes, his opponet stands up & throws a right hand like he is trying to knock him out but Cena ducks under 100% of the time & then he does like a backwards suplex, the 5 Knuckle-Shuffle & then finishes him with his F-U or whatever he calls it now.

i mean that happens in literally every single John Cena match, you would think that the opponet would realize what is going on and not try to look like every other wrestler Cena has faced before, if it wasn't 100% planned lol.

yeah, and big show would be serving multiple life sentences right now for killing fucks.  haha

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2009, 03:55:26 PM »
it's all planned.

yeah, and big show would be serving multiple life sentences right now for killing fucks.  haha

lol word.

& you can try to throw anybody in the world through a 7,000 watt searchlight & i garentee they die. :P

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2009, 04:04:41 PM »

lol...actually, it is.

dude, not every move is scripted one after the other...i was a big wrestling fan back in the day and i know for a fact it aint like that. the outcome is scripted and, yea, some sequences are scripted, but a lot of the time it's also freestyle.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2009, 05:55:44 PM »

lol...actually, it is.

dude, not every move is scripted one after the other...i was a big wrestling fan back in the day and i know for a fact it aint like that. the outcome is scripted and, yea, some sequences are scripted, but a lot of the time it's also freestyle.

There are certain wrestlers, like Randy Savage, that sit in a room and compose matches and some even rehearse them with opponents, but it is very rare. The art of pro wrestling is almost always improv. It's based around the idea that two wrestlers can change the match to the liking of the crowd if need be. If you headline a card where undercard matches consisted of slow build to big finish matches and the crowd hated it two experienced workers will see that and work there match to give the crowd a show.

All pro wrestling would need to do is add three judges to the side and base who wins on a score given by the judges to the ref's ear piece and it'd be an Olympic event. It's way more of a sport than figure skating.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2009, 10:10:59 PM »
it takes plenty of skill and ur body takes such a beating. Lesnar said WWE was harder then MMA, he said body was more beat up on a daily basis. Take a fall on the mat and tell me it doesnt take skill, that mat isnt soft..

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2009, 10:12:06 PM »
Not to mention that they have to work over 200 days a year and there isnt 6 months off after Wrestlemania..LOL@ some of these people acting like its easy being a wwe superstar, such ignorance  ::)

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2009, 10:17:35 PM »
and matches are improv for most superstars they have beginnings endings and certain spots planned, but there is no way to remember every move in a long ass fuckin match, some guys like Big show who compete in shorter matches and arent as athletic might have the whole match planned, but no chance in hell does REY go in there and plan each move, if watched many things on wrestling and its always the same thing being said as what i just said.

The Best of 3 Worlds