Author Topic: Crazy Exclusive Ca$his Interview ["Art Of Dying," Eminem, Relapse, Push Backs]  (Read 294 times)

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
http://chronicvacation.com/2009/04/crazy-exclusive-cashis-interview-talks-eminem-relapse/

Chronic Vacation staff writer Justin “Lunatic” Melo recently sat down with “The Shady Capo” Ca$his for an in-depth, super exclusive interview.  We talk in detail with Ca$his about his debut album “The Art Of Dying,” and Eminem’s “Relapse” record, along with the responses to the latest singles “Crack A Bottle” and “We Made You.”  We also address frequently-blogged-about topics such as the constant push backs on Shady/Aftermath releases, why certain artists have left, Eminem’s new “accent,” and much more. So fuck speculating and get the real facts, straight from Ca$his himself.  Let’s get it crackin…

ChronicVacation.com: Chronic Vacation is here with Cashis! How you doing today bro?

Ca$his: Man, I’m chillin! I’m good, how are y’all doing?

ChronicVacation.com: We’re good, thanks for the taking the time to speak with us!

Ca$his: I appreciate it homie.

ChronicVacation.com: Let’s set it off with this.  How do you think you’ve grown as an artist since “The County Hound” EP dropped?

Ca$his: I think I’ve grown as an artist in a lot of different ways. I think I learned more of the business side of the music industry, so that helps me become a better artist and a much more clever artist. I’ve also learned to trust my gut instinct on what I think is good music, because that project sold [well,] and to not just go with the fads that are out right now. I’ve learned a lot of those things. I’ve learned to keep it realer than possible. “The County Hound” EP was the 100% truth of my life right there. Now, I’m still living but I’m still doing the same things, I have the same issues today. The people can relate to that even more now because they see I’m still living.

ChronicVacation.com: OK! Tell us about the new single, “Just Another Day” which was produced by DJ Khalil.

Ca$his: That song is dope, I love that record. It’s like a feel-good record. It’s one of those records I’ve been writing lately with no cussing. We did that in 2007 and I didn’t even know it was a [DJ] Khalil beat. I found out it was a Khalil beat and that made it even better because Khalil has other tracks on my album already. He was real cool with it so we’re just finishing up all the print work on it and everything is set. “Just Another Day” is something to me that everybody could relate to. I’m not trying to be hard, over-board gangsta with it; I’m just letting you know what a normal day in my life consists of.

ChronicVacation.com: And why did you change the title of the album to “The Art of Dying?”

Ca$his: Because there are hits out on me during the process of recording this album. I hit rock bottom as far as finances and everything through the process of recording this album, but I brought myself up with my homeboys around me; we brought ourselves up. Before you were watching me on TV and becoming apart of my fan base online and in the streets, at that same time, I was really in the streets and going hard. To me, it was entertainment – they were being entertained by my music. Everybody is living to die. If you watch me, my job is to entertain. If you watch me to see what my next move is, you watch me as I get closer to death. I could be killed before this album comes out.  Who knows? But I know this album is a perfect and classic representation of me, of who I am as a person. That’s why I changed the title.

“Loose Cannon” was recorded in 2006-2007 and to me that was done. We were waiting for Em’s [Eminem’s] album come to out.  Now that’s coming out, and after that you have 50’s [50 Cent’s] album, and then after that is my album. I had to change up my whole style. You have to re-invent yourself for every project. On “The Re-Up,” I was the crazy, wild gangster dude and on “The County Hound EP” I showed you a glimpse of myself. I’m remorseful for some of the things I’ve done, with thoughts of suicide and all the problems that I had. With “Loose Cannon”, people got that mostly through mixtapes and I’ll still be putting out songs from it throughout the course of the year just so the fans can hear some more music.

“The Art Of Dying” is really where I’m at. I’ve learned to entertain and to do my job, but I’m going to entertain you with the truth – no clichés, nobody from the 80s or 90s – just me, who I am. I’m not selling a product to you, I’m selling myself and that’s what’s worth buying. It’s “The Art of Dying.”

ChronicVacation.com: I like that right there. What’s been the main reasoning behind the push backs?

Ca$his: Everybody has just been getting ready for Em’s [Eminem] album. When you’re a part of a team, you have to follow protocol. My project has been ready and it’s hot, but in order for us [the Shady Records camp] to make the come back the way that we wanted to and to follow the plan, Em had to come back first. He had the “King Mathers” album, which was an incredible album, and I believe that’s why he’s dropping two “Relapse” albums; that “King Mathers” album was incredible, but he fell into a whole different zone recording. He was on some new shit. With that being the case, we had to fall back and wait. D12 had to fall back, Bobby Creekwater, everybody that’s on the label had to fall back and just be soldiers.  That’s what I’m here to do. I just kept my name live on the street as far as that was going and I got my own label, Bogish Boy Entertainment, through Universal. We’re pushing that out and we’re about to start releasing singles off of that so I can bring in the camp and the artists I have that I’m really working with out of Orange County. I’m doing that, movies, and a couple of other things.  I’m just keeping myself busy.

The push backs were due to us waiting for Em’s album to come out and to be the success it needs to be so we can go on this worldwide tour and piggy back off of each other’s record sales because the projects are all that good.

ChronicVacation.com: What steps are you taking to ensure that you don’t end up like some artists on Shady such as Stat Quo, who was dropped before his album even came out?

Ca$his: That’s an excellent question. I don’t think Stat Quo was dropped; he left the label before his album came out because it just wasn’t time. Sometimes people aren’t willing to wait the distance because he’s a creative brother and he has kids to feed. He has things that he needed to do and he was tired of waiting, which I understand. I believe that’s why he was granted the right to leave. I read at a couple of places and little interviews that it was maybe because I was on the “You Don’t Know” record, which is retarded. I don’t know. I just know the position I’m in. I won’t be put in that position where I don’t have a project out. I feel like it’s been long enough and my [last] project came out in ’07. Really, I didn’t have anything come out in ’08, but I dropped six or seven mixtapes that were hot, all last year. It was cool because I was going through so many different legal problems and stuff where I wouldn’t have been able to fully commit myself to going on promo tours and the road. My passport was blocked because you can’t travel with open cases. The music was there but I wasn’t mentally ready to do that, nor was my team strong enough at that point.

Now I have the right people behind me and everything is cool. But I’m not going to be in Stat Quo’s position because I’m waiting it out, and regardless, I keep my name hot on my own through the streets. I’m coming right back with another album and we’re going to release that EP again for everybody who didn’t get it. It was Limited Edition and it was sold out. I would love to have Stat Quo and Obie Trice and everybody who is not on the label anymore on my project. That’s a good look. I would really like that because I have nothing but respect for them. You might see something like that go on.

ChronicVacation.com: You say “The Art of Dying” is ready, so what type of guest appearances and production are on the album?

Ca$his: That’s the last part we’re doing right now. We’re doing the mixing and mastering and the guest appearances. Of course I’m going in doing something with my man Nipsey Hussle. That’s my homeboy. Spider Loc of course. That’s a rapper that I have a lot of respect for, and a true comrade of mine. I have Eminem on the project of course; he produced like seven or eight beats on it. We might have Bishop Lamont on there. There’s a couple of people; Killer Mike and Gucci Mane. I’m reaching out to Gucci Mane so I’m getting it in with them. This upcoming week, we have Freeway and Beanie Sigel coming in. It’s going to be a real good look because I have a lot of tracks on my album. Now, I know which songs fit each person.
I’m reaching out to Bun B and Scarface right now and that looks like it’s a done deal. I wanted to cover everyone from every region. I’m from Chicago so I wanted to reach out to Bump J, but he’s locked up right now. I want to get Jeremiah on there, who is a singer coming out of Chicago that’s signed to Def jam. I’m putting people on where I’m from, the Midwest and California. I’m getting people from both sides of town where I’m from, and people from the South and East Coast. You’ll see two features from the East, North, South and West.

ChronicVacation.com: That’s a good look right there. What do you think of the recent Eminem singles “We Made You” and “Crack a Bottle?”

Ca$his: “Crack a Bottle” is tight. We did that official Shady remix with me and Creek [Bobby Creekwater.] That was poppin’; they were playing that in the strip clubs. “Crack a Bottle” was cool, I like that record. “We Made You”, I support any work that Eminem does and anything that comes out of Shady Records and the Shady camp. I see the video is pissing lots of people off, which is good because that means they’re going to buy the record. It’s making the impact that it’s supposed to make as far as I’m concerned. How do you feel about it, honestly?

ChronicVacation.com: I like “Crack a Bottle”, I don’t see the hate that it got, I think it’s a great record. I don’t love “We Made You” to be honest, I wish Eminem would stop rapping with the accent but I’m looking forward to the rest of the album.

Ca$his: That’s what a lot of people are saying. I wasn’t saying people hate “Crack a Bottle,” I was saying they’re hating on the video for “We Made You,” like Bill O’Reilly, and that’s good because that’s what that was supposed to do. That was supposed to piss you off a little bit. These people are uptight; it’s going to piss them off. He wanted to inject some humor back into Hip-Hop. I think people should keep staying tuned to hear what else he got; you know that Em isn’t going to let you down because he’s never let you down before. It’s growing on a lot of people because it wasn’t what they expected coming off of “Crack a Bottle” and the “I’m Having A Relapse” freestyle, people thought he was going to go in a different direction. He had to keep going with the formula that works, so everybody out there keeps supporting it.

ChronicVacation.com: To properly answer your question, I find the video hilarious.

Ca$his: Hell yeah, the video is crazy.

ChronicVacation.com: Do you appear on “Relapse” and what are your overall thoughts on the album if you’ve heard it?

Ca$his: Yeah I’m appearing on “Relapse.” I haven’t heard all of it but I’ve heard some of the records and that shit bangs. I wouldn’t say it’s a comeback album because he never left. He just took a year or two off from releasing records. He was featured on T.I.’s album [“T.I. vs. T.I.P.”] and on my EP [“The County Hound.”] He’s been sprinkled out there. I think it’s a good look. Knowing how hard they’ve been working and knowing the zone that he’s been in for the last three or four months, we’ve been racing for records. I usually go to the studio and do five or six records a day. It’s like friendly competition. It’s really good.

I don’t want to hear it until it’s all done so it can be like a surprise. I heard six or seven records that I know are crazy. I want to hear everything when it’s all sequenced and put together. I’m a fan of Hip-Hop first so I can’t wait to hear the whole album and feel the same shock that my homeboys are going to feel or whatever girl I’m sitting with is going to feel when we buy the CD, rip off the plastic and put in it, and be like, “Oh shit, did you hear that?” I want to sing along with everybody else and not know what’s going on.

ChronicVacation.com: Tell us about the blogs you’ve been doing right here on Chronicvacation.com.

Ca$his: It’s been the blog just letting everybody know what’s going on with the project and in my life. My homeboy Eddie is cool as hell. He plugged me with that and that’s something that’s real decent. I take the time out to do it and we tell everybody what’s going on in my life. We have questions and people can hit us up. I love doing blogs. I have two more I’m sending in this week. I’ve been doing this shit in court with these cases and hustling to pay these legal fees and bail bonds and all that shit so I haven’t had a chance to send them off. But we have something crazy through the blogs, me coming out the court room looking goofy as hell in a suit because I have to make that right appearance for the judge. I’m going to send that out through my blog. We’re trying to steer kids away from drugs, gangs and violence straight up, because it’s not worth if you get caught up.

ChronicVacation.com: Thanks a lot for your time Cashis.  Do you have any additional last words before I let you go?

Ca$his: I just want to say, y’all stay on the lookout because y’all know Em is coming out in May with that “Relapse” album. 50 Cent is coming out and then I’m coming out, Cashis!  Y’all know what it is, “The Art of Dying.” I am not playing with y’all. Stay tuned right here to Chronicvacation.com because for the Bogish Boy album, we’re debuting the first single here within the next three weeks. Make sure y’all stay tuned into all of that. Y’all know what it is West Coast! I got you forever.

Check Ca$his's Blog too - http://chronicvacation.com/2009/04/crazy-exclusive-cashis-interview-talks-eminem-relapse/

Lunatic

it's what i do!  ;D

8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Lunatic

feedback?

OG Hack Wilson

Goretex's ARt of Dying is better
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Great interview. Good to hear his projects are still a go, for a minute there everyone seemed to be on pink slip watch at Interscope

Lunatic

Great interview. Good to hear his projects are still a go, for a minute there everyone seemed to be on pink slip watch at Interscope
Thanks for that D. That is good to hear!

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I wish they asked him about Lamont.  He says he might be on.  What the hell does that mean?

I can only bump a couple of tracks from Cashis.  I prefer Bobby Creekwater.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
thanks for the feedback guys

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
lol, you make it sounds like Cashis is a spokesperson for interscope  :laugh:

he's just another dude waiting in line.

interscope only cares about Eminem & Detox. you already know how it goes with the 2nd project so it's not hard to predict the future

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell

interscope only cares about Eminem & Detox. you already know how it goes with the 2nd project so it's not hard to predict the future

Yeah true, but this is the most info we have got from a artist on that label not from the big 3 in a minute.

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Dope interview, but honestly i dont see this guys album ever dropping, if it does, it wont be on the scale of a major debut release, itll come and go, either way itll be worth checking although some of the features sounded suspect lol Spider Loc and Gucci Mane :D

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

Yeah true, but this is the most info we have got from a artist on that label not from the big 3 in a minute.
oh you meant it like that, my bad ;)

well, like bishop, he's not living under a rock, but unfortunately it's not enough for him to get an album out.
but the delays will force him to feed his fanbase, so that's good news for them