Author Topic: Lil wayne talks Nba finals/retired players/Nick Adenhart/MLB/Joe madden  (Read 84 times)

Elano

Just so no one gets it twisted: the Lakers are winning the NBA Finals. Now that KG is out, the C's aren't gonna go anywhere, which is a shame. You always like to have the defending champs in there to fight like hell to hold on to their crown. Doc Rivers doesn't want to believe it. And as competitive as KG is, I can't imagine even being around him right now -- how frustrated he must be because all he wants to do is get out on that court. He's probably breaking stuff in his house, he's so mad.

Anyway, so now we're looking at a Lakers versus Cavaliers final, and that's going to be amazing. Kobe won't get the best of LeBron, but the Lakers will get the best of the Cavs. I'll be rooting for the Lakers, and LeBron already knows that. So it's not like I'm gonna show up in a Kobe jersey and make 'Bron Bron cry. He knows I've been a Laker fan my whole life so it's all good. That don't mean he likes it, but he ain't gonna cry when he sees me at the games screaming for Pau Gasol and Trevor Ariza.

But LeBron will be OK. He's gonna win the MVP this year. That will be his consolation prize. Phil Jackson and the Lakers will walk away with more rings, but LeBron will get his trophy. Shout out to Tex Winter (the Lakers assistant), too, because it's his last season and he's the amazing brain behind the triangle offense. Some day, I will move to Los Angeles and live out my destiny to become a true loyal Lakers fan at every home game like Jack Nicholson. I will live next to Hugh Hefner and I will be at the Staples Center nightly, because that is my destiny.

Besides the Cavs and Lakers, I still think the Blazers are the team that could go far and surprise a lot of people. I like Greg Oden coming off the bench, and Joel Przybilla is playing possessed right now. And I may get a lot of people calling me crazy in the mailbag for this, but Brandon Roy is just as good as Deron Williams or Chris Paul at the point. The Blazers are a very exciting young team with a lot to prove, so if we're talking a playoff sleeper pick, they're it.

Lil Wayne on Retired NBA players

Did you guys see that when Michael Jordan got voted into the Hall of Fame he got a little but upset because he was saying that meant the voters really believe his career is over? He was like, "I don't want this, because this means that you guys think I'm never gonna come back." Of course he knows he's never gonna come back, but he was sad that the rest of the world knew it, too. That's classic Jordan right there. He's crazy but you've got to love the dude.

Speaking of crazy people, Michael Jordan's friend Isiah Thomas is gonna go coach at Florida International and donate his first year's salary? He doesn't need the money, of course, because the Knicks still owe him like $12 million. But what the hell is he doing going to Florida International, and what the hell are they doing hiring him? He's a terrible coach, and he has no ties to the school whatsoever. Nothing to do with nothing. The school isn't too far from where I live, so I may have to go down there and report back on what I see, because you know every game is going to be a circus. He's mentally crazy. Why would you bring that around a bunch of college kids? That's one of the craziest things I've heard in a long time, and I hear and see a lot of crazy things.

Lil Wayne on Nick Adenhart

When I heard the news about Nick Adenhart, I was stunned. It was like someone punching you in the stomach -- a young guy goes out and pitches the game of his life and then he's dead hours later. You try to make sense of it and you can't. Shout out to the Angels for somehow continuing on through this. My thoughts are with you guys and with the families of Nick Adenhart, Courtney Stewart and Henry Pearson. This is just one of those things where there's nothing you can say to make it better.

Baseball is such a long season, so it's hard to know how the Angels are going to come through all of this. Obviously they're going to be motivated to play for Nick, but sometimes emotions are just too heavy and it can feel like you've got all this weight on your shoulders. We've got to keep our eye on the Angels this year because they may struggle for a little while as they deal with all this and then bounce back mid-season and really start playing on a different level. And since you've got a great manager in Mike Scioscia out there running things, that would not surprise me at all.

Lil Wayne on the rest of MLB

I'm excited that the Marlins are off to a great start because I live in Miami and I'm gonna go to some games soon. But I've got to say I don't like them going too far. I think, as the season goes on, their pitching is going to have problems and they're gonna come back to earth. I think the Mets are going to be really tough in the East. Now that they've got the relief pitching they've needed, they're obviously a different team. They should really win that division. I was gonna pick the Phillies, but something is obviously wrong with Cole Hamels, so they're in big trouble. That kid's arm's about to fall off because they rode him so hard last year -- they had to, a World Series was at stake. Hopefully he's not hurt too badly, but something isn't right and everybody knows it. That division is too tough for them to win without their ace. Sorry Philly fans.

The two other teams I like in the national league are the Cubs and the Dodgers. A friend of mine told me that Matt Kemp told her that he was my biggest fan, but that I had no idea who he was. He said, "Tell Wayne I'm the dude that stands to the left of Manny Ramirez" and that cracked me up. I watch SportsCenter at least seven times a day. And if you watch that much SportsCenter, then you've heard of Matt Kemp. But now that I know he's serious, I'll be looking out for him.

In the AL, I like the Red Sox and the Rays -- but you can't count out the pinstripes just yet. I know some crazy stuff has been happening at Yankee Stadium. Home runs have been popping out of there like it's Coors Field East or something, but they're gonna get it together. Shout out to Nick Swisher for being amazing. That dude came in and pitched lights out against the Rays, and now whenever the Yankees pitchers are getting roughed up the crowd chants "We want Swisher," which is amazing. I understand Nick Swisher, because he is an alien from another planet like me. That dude is not really a human being. For a position player to come into a major league ballgame and do that? Come on. Alien.

Lil Wayne on John Madden

I'm really sad John Madden retired. A lot of people don't give him the credit he deserves. He made the Thanksgiving game worth watching, and he made Monday Night Football an event. He was also a great coach in his day, which a lot of people don't realize. We're in a new age, and I think he picked the right time to step away. I think he looked at Harry Kalas passing away in the booth and said "You know what? I don't want to go that way. I want to spend time with my family and my friends and step away from the booth while I still have some time left." It was his time to retire, but that doesn't mean I can't be sad about the end of an era.

westsiderider323

weezy actually makin sense?? haha he knows whats up wit the lakers

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Fuck hes a ugly creature...

dint know he knew sports like that tho.

thisoneguy360

Atleast he knows LA is gonna win.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
how can he not know who matt kemp is?