Author Topic: life's so hard og  (Read 507 times)

Mietek23

Re: life's so hard og
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 01:13:10 AM »
Here's a fragment of the GO Twice interview where he discuss the tracks he did with 'Pac. The interview is from BetterDayz.net that was done in December 2002.

How many songs you did with Tupac? Can you tell us something about them? Are they going to be released in the future?

We did 3 songs together - one was "Ghetto Star", the other one was "Life As A G" which later became "Life So Hard" on the Gang Related soundtrack. The 3rd one was the track "Born First, Ride Later", which was later re-named to "Don't Sleep".

Maybe he took the Stretch version and flipped it a bit and then Daz re-made his version for the Gang Related soundtrack..

Soopahigh

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 07:35:41 AM »
Yeah I have this. It makes me sad when I listen to it. Just so calming/real. I'll post it in a bit, just gotta find a file hosting site. You can get a lot of OGs from Phonkey Dee's OG's remastered Series. I got all 1-9, I heard he might have 10/11 in the works but I'm not sure.

could you pm me a link to to those OGs series ?

lawz2760

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2009, 07:39:32 AM »
Yeah I have this. It makes me sad when I listen to it. Just so calming/real. I'll post it in a bit, just gotta find a file hosting site. You can get a lot of OGs from Phonkey Dee's OG's remastered Series. I got all 1-9, I heard he might have 10/11 in the works but I'm not sure.

co-sign... never heard of these
Do you need a credit card for internet orders? Check this out for Low Interest Credit Cards and great card offers, check out my site.

http://lawz2760.newcreditapplications.com/

Benz

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2009, 07:55:45 AM »
Here's a fragment of the GO Twice interview where he discuss the tracks he did with 'Pac. The interview is from BetterDayz.net that was done in December 2002.

How many songs you did with Tupac? Can you tell us something about them? Are they going to be released in the future?

We did 3 songs together - one was "Ghetto Star", the other one was "Life As A G" which later became "Life So Hard" on the Gang Related soundtrack. The 3rd one was the track "Born First, Ride Later", which was later re-named to "Don't Sleep".

Maybe he took the Stretch version and flipped it a bit and then Daz re-made his version for the Gang Related soundtrack..
life as a g is not the same song as life's so hard.  people have been confusing them for years.

go twice produced life as a g, and as yet we have no confirmation on life's so hard og but recent information tends to indicate that stretch didn't produce it.

bank, i would take anything assman tells you with a grain of salt.  the guy is a compulsive liar and injects his supposed involvement into everything pac ever did.  despite his tall tales i think his association with 2pac begins and ends with a paid verse for a guest appearance on the hitworks album.

Benz

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2009, 07:59:02 AM »

co-sign... never heard of these
not to be difficult here but half of phonkey dee's "remasters" are retail cd tracks that he somehow believes need to be "remastered" using a handful of vst plugins.  the guy has no idea what's retail and what's released, and of the material that he remasters that's actually unreleased you could probably find an unaltered og rip online without resorting to someone's alteration of a previously flawless song.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2009, 08:05:20 AM »

life as a g is not the same song as life's so hard.  people have been confusing them for years.

go twice produced life as a g, and as yet we have no confirmation on life's so hard og but recent information tends to indicate that stretch didn't produce it.

bank, i would take anything assman tells you with a grain of salt.  the guy is a compulsive liar and injects his supposed involvement into everything pac ever did.  despite his tall tales i think his association with 2pac begins and ends with a paid verse for a guest appearance on the hitworks album.

how come he knew about Judgement Day with Dee the mad bitch way before anyone else did?

and how come he's boys with Mopreme and Syke?  and he knew the details on the Double Jepardy EP
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

JohnnyL

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2009, 08:08:35 AM »

Interesting.  So then "Life's So Hard" OG is the song that samples Led Zepplin then, correct?  Is the song "Life as a G" a track that's even leaked then?

Benz

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2009, 08:17:57 AM »
how come he knew about Judgement Day with Dee the mad bitch way before anyone else did?

and how come he's boys with Mopreme and Syke?  and he knew the details on the Double Jepardy EP
i knew about judgment day a few years before i managed to acquire it, and to me it simply sounds as if he had facilitated the meeting of dee and pac via his real bad boys song and that was about it.  he begged me to play the song over the phone for him or to even a email clip of the song claiming he was the producer, yet when i asked who was featured on the song he said pac and dee, "forgetting" that it's basically a thug life track featuring dee.  almost everything he's claimed i've found (or already knew) to be false or at the very least inaccurate.  imo the formula is pretty clear - claim some elaborate affiliation with 2pac and exploit that as the basis of knowing what he wanted, through which you distribute mixtapes for a payday.

i'm not totally knocking the guy - a lot of his earlier compilations are pretty good and he's made some good beats, but lately it seems like he's trying to ride the makaveli money train and it's just boring.  he's worked with thug life members after pac's passing, so it's no surprise that he has some inside knowledge, but i wouldn't go so far as to agree without question that he had a hand in a roster of ogs.

do you remember when assassin first got on streethop?  sheeet he was claiming to be primary or co-producer on like a dozen songs (including all out of course).  as those songs got published or as more was learned about them the stories started to fall apart so he threatened to close up shop and leave the forum unless we resumed handing him blind props.

i don't know 2pac.  never worked with him, never produced 25 songs with him.  no shame in that and certainly no need to lie and say i did.

Benz

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2009, 08:18:44 AM »
Interesting.  So then "Life's So Hard" OG is the song that samples Led Zepplin then, correct?  Is the song "Life as a G" a track that's even leaked then?
bingo

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2009, 12:17:40 PM »

i knew about judgment day a few years before i managed to acquire it, and to me it simply sounds as if he had facilitated the meeting of dee and pac via his real bad boys song and that was about it.  he begged me to play the song over the phone for him or to even a email clip of the song claiming he was the producer, yet when i asked who was featured on the song he said pac and dee, "forgetting" that it's basically a thug life track featuring dee.  almost everything he's claimed i've found (or already knew) to be false or at the very least inaccurate.  imo the formula is pretty clear - claim some elaborate affiliation with 2pac and exploit that as the basis of knowing what he wanted, through which you distribute mixtapes for a payday.

i'm not totally knocking the guy - a lot of his earlier compilations are pretty good and he's made some good beats, but lately it seems like he's trying to ride the makaveli money train and it's just boring.  he's worked with thug life members after pac's passing, so it's no surprise that he has some inside knowledge, but i wouldn't go so far as to agree without question that he had a hand in a roster of ogs.

do you remember when assassin first got on streethop?  sheeet he was claiming to be primary or co-producer on like a dozen songs (including all out of course).  as those songs got published or as more was learned about them the stories started to fall apart so he threatened to close up shop and leave the forum unless we resumed handing him blind props.

i don't know 2pac.  never worked with him, never produced 25 songs with him.  no shame in that and certainly no need to lie and say i did.

what other songs did he claim to produce??

All Out never did list an original producer so I figured it was plausable
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Benz

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2009, 01:47:29 PM »
2pac worked with damon thomas on smile 4 me now, then a ways later on he had another session with him (the night of his second shooting).  the songs recorded during that second session as confirmed by EDI were let's get it on (tyson song), hell 4 a hustler, and all out.  if someone wants to hit up damon thomas' myspace maybe he can shed some light on the whole assassin thing, but i'd bet my house that it's not hitworks assassin.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2009, 01:51:36 PM »
2pac worked with damon thomas on smile 4 me now, then a ways later on he had another session with him (the night of his second shooting).  the songs recorded during that second session as confirmed by EDI were let's get it on (tyson song), hell 4 a hustler, and all out.  if someone wants to hit up damon thomas' myspace maybe he can shed some light on the whole assassin thing, but i'd bet my house that it's not hitworks assassin.

It was Damon. I can confirm that as well. Um, I got Damon Thomas on Myspace but his shit is private. I don't really think he's interested in 2Pac stuff but I mean people like Deon Evans and Sam Sneed are always interested when money comes involved. So, I might get at him again to see his answer.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2009, 01:51:50 PM »
that may be right...damon thomas is credited for Hell 4 a Hustler beat