Author Topic: Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo dropped from Interscope ?  (Read 334 times)

Elano

Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo dropped from Interscope ?
« on: April 27, 2009, 10:56:48 PM »
"You asking me do I feel responsible that Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo is dropped from Interscope," Ross said in an interview. "I'm not gonna take full responsibility but I just believe Jimmy Iovine and all the geniuses at Interscope, I think they understand that their career with music is over. As well as 50 Cent's...Everybody telling me I did it, thanks. But honestly, they did it, they did it to themselves...It's sad when you get dropped and you working with [Dr.] Dre...I'ma pull up their BDS, I know their last album, T.O.S. flopped, I think it sold 15,000 copies its first week or something close to that, I'ma pull up their BDS and make an offer...I might get 'em a situation on Haitian Mafia...Interscope won't sign you, Def Jam won't sign you. Pretty much, go to E1 [formely Koch Records] if we offer you something." (Spiff TV)
Ranting against Interscope last week, New York City deejay Funkmaster Flex also hinted at Banks and Yayo being off the label.

"Let me tell you something Nino, New York I'm talking to a person who makes decisions, who does things up there moving funny style," Flex said on his radio show about an Interscope employee. "Interscope Records, nothin' is spinning...From what I understand, I think Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo arent on that label anymore, it's just 50 Cent. And I think 50's deal is up there. 50, from what I hear, your deal is up at Interscope, we got you. I'd walk out that building after that." (Hot 97)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo dropped from Interscope ?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 12:56:38 AM »
Don't know about Yayo & Banks (and don't really care), but I can co-sign Flex's sentiment that Interscope is fuckin' up.

- Nismo -

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 01:25:48 AM »
G-Unit,  50 included is probably leaving interscope then.

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 02:45:11 AM »
Are there any other articles to prove this has actually gone down? Kinda fucked that 50 wouldnt be enough to keep them on the label but also signs that its time for him to go as well if its true!

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 02:55:56 AM »
wow..i wonder who`s next

Jaydc555

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 04:15:08 AM »
Meh I wouldn't take Rick Ross the most delusional person in rap as a source lol

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 05:41:45 AM »
Their contractual agreement with Interscope could be up or whatever. 

I know Banks and Yayo have both said that their albums will see the light of day once 50 figures out where to position G-Unit - either with Interscope or another label.   
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks