Author Topic: Crooked I was offered a contract by Dre?  (Read 842 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Crooked I was offered a contract by Dre?
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 12:21:25 PM »
Based on the history of Aftermath Crooked made the right move.
sitting on the shelf at aftermath>>>>>>>sitting on the shelf at death row

Where are these cats that were on Chronic 2001?

Besides back then it was only logical to stick with Deathrow that had build history where as Aftermath had released one subpar compilation.

Not true. Eminem's debut had already been released.

In hindsight Crook definitely should've gone with Aftermath. He could've been where Game is at right now (except still with dre). IMO The Game shouldn't have been the one to get signed and blow up. He's not a bad rapper, but he's just so.....average.

It doesn't matter.  Crooked-I could have easily released albums but he didn't.  A part of me believes he's still holding on into breaking into the mainstream.   He needs to move on, feed his fanbase, and then build up.  Has he?  Sure, he's released Hip-Hop Weeklys which was a classic, innovative idea but it only shows he can rap.  Creating a quality song and a bomb album is different .   I've read he has recorded at least 6 albums that haven't seen the day of light.  Why the fuck is he sitting on them?  To die and get a post-humous releases that are poor like Tupac?

I agree with this. There's no excuse for him not dropping an album except he believes he will still blow up. At this point in his career its not going to happen. He needs to get his independent game on, and then maybe after he has put out a few albums and moved units on his own he will get a chance to be major.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2009, 12:25:34 PM »
guess hes the vp or some shit, but i dont think he owns it
but that label aint about shit anyway
i mean how many artists have they even released?

Some dude from the net told me that Crooked was offered a contract by Dre but Crooked turned it down because Universal offered him a 2million dollar contract. I know its not true but he said Dre signed Bishop because Crooked I turned him down, can anybody get detail about this?
and is Treacherous owned by Crooked? or does he just own Dynasty?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2009, 01:28:03 PM »
Based on the history of Aftermath Crooked made the right move.
sitting on the shelf at aftermath>>>>>>>sitting on the shelf at death row

Where are these cats that were on Chronic 2001?

Besides back then it was only logical to stick with Deathrow that had build history where as Aftermath had released one subpar compilation.

death row was already dead, so i don't see the point of signing to a graveyard.
not to mention the trouble that comes with the label.

also notice that i never said that aftermath was such a great label, but it would have been better for Crooked to sit on the shelf there.

by the way, i don't think any one regretted being on 2001
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 01:31:51 PM by Dre-Day »

west koasting

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2009, 03:02:52 PM »
Damn crooked on some dre beats now that would of been gangsta
Bullets aint got no names