Author Topic: Babe Ruth vs Ty Cobb  (Read 267 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Babe Ruth vs Ty Cobb
« on: May 04, 2004, 09:28:16 PM »
Which one is the best? By looking at videos stats and testimonies from other players, the best player of all time is one of these two (negro leagues included, Satchel Paige is the only one you could make an argument for). I really am not sure who I think is better. What do y'all think?

eS El Duque

Re:Babe Ruth vs Ty Cobb
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 10:09:27 PM »
Shoeless Joe Jackson  ;)

Ruth, he was a god damn pitcher!

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 09:22:50 AM »
Cobb could pitch also. Shoeless Joe was good, but he never played long enough to prove it. I think if he did, his name would definately be a household name, and he may have been considered the best. Definately the best outfielder, defensively. Stupid Kennesaw Mountain Landis.

Floydness

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 11:55:10 AM »
 :)

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 08:09:41 PM »
Babe Ruth

Ty Cobb was apparently was a horrible human being

pappy

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2004, 09:20:54 PM »
no its a fact ty cobb was a piece of shit.  he was a known racist and once beat the shit out of a heckler that had no arms.  But duke was one of the best ball players of all time.  I dont kno its 2 close to call who was better.  Nice to see some1 mention shoeless joe jackson though.  Not many people know this,  but shoeless joe was retarded

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2004, 07:48:33 AM »
He wasn't retarded, he was just a little slow. I heard he loved the game so much he played in the bush leagues up until his 40s. Can you imagine ARod getting kicked out of the league and then playing for free just out of love.

Also Ty Cobb was a complete ass hole, there is no doubting that. I heard some of his kids wouln't go to his funeral. But he was to good of a ball player to go unnoticed. If you look at the 9 categories they keep records for Cobb is top 5 in 6 of them. No one else can lay claim to that. But Babe Ruth, with all his batting credentials, once pitched over 40 games with 27 wins and an era under 1.9

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2004, 12:50:55 PM »
Some Stuff on Ty Cobb:
-Once shapen his ceats and slide intentionally into 3rd base feet first so he would bust the thridbasemen's arm.

-Once said hitting HRs was too easy and that's why he didn't to it. To prove his point he went out and hit something like 8 HRs in 3 games, than went back to wanting to hitting singles and doubles.

eS El Duque

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2004, 06:05:44 PM »
Some Stuff on Ty Cobb:
-Once shapen his ceats and slide intentionally into 3rd base feet first so he would bust the thridbasemen's arm.

-Once said hitting HRs was too easy and that's why he didn't to it. To prove his point he went out and hit something like 8 HRs in 3 games, than went back to wanting to hitting singles and doubles.

wow, 8 hr's in three games/??? :o

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2004, 06:38:06 PM »
Sub-Z says:

Ty Cobb was so much better than Ruth its not even funny,probably the best player to ever play. Had a career batting average of .367,3rd all time in stolen bases with 892, 12 total batting titles, 9 in a row. Has stolen home more than anyone (50 times) and batted over .400 3 times. ANd as said above could obviously hit HRs when he wanted to. SO screw ruth, Ty Cobb= G.O.A.T.

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2004, 06:22:36 AM »
Ruth is still the greatest for what he did for baseball, plus the fact that he hit more HRs than most teams did, and he was a damn good (over 100 wins) until he moved to the outfield to save his arm.