Author Topic: * * * Ice-T Readies Digital Label Through EMI Records * * *  (Read 138 times)

Elano

Fed up with the current state of Hip Hop and what he calls “bubblegum Pop” rapper and actor Ice-T has decided to create his own digital label.
According to the New York Daily News, the Law & Order: SVU star will be launching his digital label which will be put out by EMI in the near future.

"I'm starting a digital label through EMI," Ice-T explained to the Daily News. "I'm trying to get back to more Hip Hop. To me, music right now is like Disco. It's very sing-songy, and nobody's dealing with content. That's what I miss. I miss Tupac and Big. You got Lupe Fiasco and T.I. now, but in general, we're swamped with bubblegum Pop."
Ice-T currently has five artists from different parts of the country signed to his label.

"We've got an artist from L.A., a group called Certified from Washington state, Born Twice from Houston, and a Korean kid from New York. I'm playing the whole map," Ice-T revealed.
In 1987, Ice-T released his first album entitled Rhyme Pays. Since the release of Rhyme Pays, Ice-T has gone on to release upwards 10 albums. In the late '90s, he had operated a previous label, Coroner Records, where he released his 1999 Seven Deadly Sins album.  He has starred in a number of films including Breakin’ and New Jack City.

SO PRUP

Re: * * * Ice-T Readies Digital Label Through EMI Records * * *
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 12:47:02 PM »
well there goes one legend helping the west

it will be interesting to see how this pans out though....

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 02:05:15 PM »

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 03:41:36 PM »
Digital Label?

2euce 7even

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 04:12:49 AM »
what happend to tha track that ice was supposed to drop with snoop doggy dogg?