Author Topic: London places bid to host SuperBowl.  (Read 175 times)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Re: London places bid to host SuperBowl.
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 01:22:32 PM »
bit of a stupid idea. outside of America very few people give a damn about the NFL.

Thats a bit of an ignorant thing to say. there is more NFL fans outside of America than there is people in America.

Over 1 billion people watch the superbowl and by my estimations America has between 250 to 300 million people living in it. so to post a comment saying that there is very few people who give a damn about the NFL outside of America is nonsense.

Nah, its AVAILABLE to 1 billion people worldwide, that doesn't mean 1 billion people are watching it.

The highest worldwide rating ANY sporting event has ever recorded was World Cup 2006, and that didn't even have 1 billion people watching it.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2009, 01:40:15 PM »
The game would have to be played at 11PM London Time.  The NFL should just do what's best for their business, like every decision they make.  The game is played in a neutral area anyway.  Who gives a shit if you're from the United States, England, Australia, Canada, Mexico....just enjoy what you enjoy.  If anything, this gives bragging rights to the american football side of the debate.  There will never be talks of the UEFA Champions League Final to be played in NYC lol. 

You've already had a World Cup final at a time when you didn't even have a professional league. Cross pollination is so 1994  :P

That's a global event though with countries competing from this side of the globe.  The UEFA Champions Final is strictly European.

True, true, although the Superbowl winners will, of course, be proclaimed as world champions.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2009, 04:03:35 AM »
Hope this doesnt happen, the NFL set a dangerous presidnt with playing matches in london.

Which in turn the premiership had the dumb idea of the 39th game pimping the league over the world.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson