Author Topic: Kobe Bryant leapfrogs Kevin Garnett as NBA's most popular jersey  (Read 1045 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: Kobe Bryant leapfrogs Kevin Garnett as NBA's most popular jersey
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2009, 10:13:43 AM »
Boy this really backs up NIKs claim that the NBA hates the Lakers LOL! Makes sense for a league to hate its most popular team.

are you retarded? what does the amount of jersey sales a player gets have to do with the amount of respect he gets from the league and league officials? LMAO. what a jackass you are.

Professional sports leagues dont tend to want to destroy the most popular teams. Cmon man, youre rich. Does that sound like a wise business move?  You think the NBA didnt WANT Lakers vs Celtics last year? You think the NBA doesnt WANT Lakers vs Cavs this year? lol.  But yet they hate them....LOL

ive already stated my argument for that many times, you're just too slow to get it. an nba with many superstars will generate more money than an nba with one superstar above the rest...thats why a player like lebron has gotten way more coverage than a dude like kobe throughout the yearws. downplay kobe, overhype the money makers (lebron, dwight, wade)...it puts them in the same elite category and creates a bigger buzz.

Your argument would make sense if the league wasnt constantly searching and tryin to create the "next Jordan".  What we've seen tho is that when its obvious a player WONT become that...they move on to the next. Dont be angry at the league because Kobe cant live up to it, be angry at Kobe.

my argument makes perfect sense to anyone with at least half a brain.

good for you. For all of those with a whole brain...they can follow my argument.

I said AT LEAST half a brain...and with that comment you just proved that you dont even have that. LOL.

Says the suburb raver kid who hasnt made shit of himself even with all the advantages in the world that mommy could give him. In life NIK, youre runnin a 40 yard dash with a 30 yard headstart, and still losing.  :grumpy:
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2009, 10:08:59 AM »
Boy this really backs up NIKs claim that the NBA hates the Lakers LOL! Makes sense for a league to hate its most popular team.

are you retarded? what does the amount of jersey sales a player gets have to do with the amount of respect he gets from the league and league officials? LMAO. what a jackass you are.

Professional sports leagues dont tend to want to destroy the most popular teams. Cmon man, youre rich. Does that sound like a wise business move?  You think the NBA didnt WANT Lakers vs Celtics last year? You think the NBA doesnt WANT Lakers vs Cavs this year? lol.  But yet they hate them....LOL

ive already stated my argument for that many times, you're just too slow to get it. an nba with many superstars will generate more money than an nba with one superstar above the rest...thats why a player like lebron has gotten way more coverage than a dude like kobe throughout the yearws. downplay kobe, overhype the money makers (lebron, dwight, wade)...it puts them in the same elite category and creates a bigger buzz.

Your argument would make sense if the league wasnt constantly searching and tryin to create the "next Jordan".  What we've seen tho is that when its obvious a player WONT become that...they move on to the next. Dont be angry at the league because Kobe cant live up to it, be angry at Kobe.

good for you. For all of those with a whole brain...they can follow my argument.

I said AT LEAST half a brain...and with that comment you just proved that you dont even have that. LOL.

Says the suburb raver kid who hasnt made shit of himself even with all the advantages in the world that mommy could give him. In life NIK, youre runnin a 40 yard dash with a 30 yard headstart, and still losing.  :grumpy:

i make 500+ bux a week...what about you, asian blood?

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2009, 10:20:37 AM »

lol@ 500+ a week....great job man.  You should be doing way better, considering your up-bringin. I work in sales so my checks go up and down, but per company policy, if I had the worst two weeks of my life I wouldnt be able to make less then $785/ week. My paychecks are usually somewhere between $1600-$2500.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2009, 11:00:35 AM »

lol@ 500+ a week....great job man.  You should be doing way better, considering your up-bringin. I work in sales so my checks go up and down, but per company policy, if I had the worst two weeks of my life I wouldnt be able to make less then $785/ week. My paychecks are usually somewhere between $1600-$2500.

may py totals out to about $2,500 a month (sometimes more, depending on the hours), plus free gas cuz I get a company gas card since I deliver shit...how is that bad? I'm 21 years old and don't have a college diploma, nutlicker....... + i get flexible hours, get to sit at a nice comfortable desk and relax, and have a fine ass secretary who handles shit. :-*

why are you such a hater, man? honestly.

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2009, 11:09:08 AM »

may py totals out to about $2,500 a month (sometimes more, depending on the hours), plus free gas cuz I get a company gas card since I deliver shit...how is that bad? I'm 21 years old and don't have a college diploma, nutlicker....... + i get flexible hours, get to sit at a nice comfortable desk and relax, and have a fine ass secretary who handles shit. :-*

naw it aint bad man,  youre the one who brought your salary into the thread as if you were going to prove somethin with it.  Youre doin alright Scittles....u dont go to school?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2009, 12:14:33 PM »

naw it aint bad man,  youre the one who brought your salary into the thread as if you were going to prove somethin with it.  Youre doin alright Scittles....u dont go to school?

LOL...u the one bein a hater and actin like I dont make cheese when I make way more than the average person my age, plus I hustle daily and make cheese in other ways on the side to top that off. YOU brought up my personal life into this...PeACe

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2009, 01:19:06 PM »
This is true but I'm not saying this because I hate kobe because I don't. I mean theirs no doubt he is an elite but he isn't a likeable person.He just has a douchebag way about him.Its the same reason that iverson was never heavily pushed.Where as lebron is a likeable person.He does things like host snl.He's an easy sell.that's just my take anyway

yup...LeBron is more your friendly, giggly, class clown type, while Kobe is the serious, firm, fierce competitor type...you're on point, for once.

A thing you guys should know/consider about Kobe. Dude grew up in fucking Italy! He grew up here. I know you know that, but you probably have no clue what growing up in a different country means. It means Kobe had no friends, he was a black guy in a white man's country. He probably spent most of his time at home, watching tv, and being with his family. And his father too. He lived in Reggio Emilia, a small city in Italy. He was like an alien. A stranger. Then he went back to the States, and he was a stranger again. In his own country. I mean he spent like 7-8 years here in Italy, he talked italian for 7-8 years, he loves soccer, he knew all the soccer superstars from europe, etc.. and all of a sudden he was in a place where nobody cared about soccer. He used to eat pasta and shit, and all of a sudden he went there where they sell spaghetti in the supermarkets (lol wtf??). I'm making stupid examples, of course. But it's a lot of those things who changed in his life (consider we're talking about a child). Then again he went directly to the NBA straight outta college, and he was a kid in a league where only 2-3 players were so young. Now you see a lot of people coming from college, but at that time he was like an alien. Again. He was 17 and his teammates where in their 30's. So he spent a lot of time at home. Then he got himself a girlfriend and he married her. What i mean is that he grew up being like that. Living alone, not going out with teammates, watching tv, eating at home, etc.. He's not a guy who spends a lot of time with his teammates. But it's just because that's how he spent his life. You know what i mean? If they're showing Real Madrid-Barcelona on tv be sure Kobe is watching it, and he'd rather see it on tv at home than going to a club.

Shaq, on the other side, was the opposite.

and all that shit is what makes Kobe so focused on what he does... it's what gives him that competitive edge over everyone else. he's the polar opposite of a scatter-brain, largely due to him growing up in Italy and being raised as a solitary dude...PeACe

Probably, yeah.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2009, 01:21:34 PM »
NIK let's say the truth for once: Kobe has to blame none but himself for all the hate people gave him. I'm not saying he raped that girl, cause it's been proved by a court he didn't. But he didn't act as a professional businessman and as a professional sportsman fucking that bitch. We all know the hypocricy of U.S. media. They make you and destroy you. Now he's just trying to get himself a good reputation again, but for real, let's not blame the NBA for that. It's Kobe who put the NBA in a situation where having him as the "symbol" of the league was not a good acceptable. The truth is that when he was a child and he was still the young player from Italy making a huge impact in the NBA, the media used to love him. And the NBA too. He ruined himself.

dude, all NBA players fuck around...

Fuck no, man. I mean yes they do, but only stupid people fucks unknown bitches for free, at those levels. Kobe ain't a rookie no more. He's a billionaire. That's a lesson everybody in the industry knows, man. Every professional rapper, sportsman, actor.. every people with a large amount of money. They know not to fuck bitches if they can't trust them 100%. Kobe should have asked the team to pay him a bitch, if he wanted to have some fun. Or he should have payed a bitch from L.A. to fly to Denver and to suck his dick. You can trust no bitch but the ones you pay. A lot of money. Fuck only professional bitches who sucks dick for job and knows how to keep the mouth shut. Or you can get AIDS, you can make her pregnant, you can get sued... Kobe knew about it. But still he was a moron. The bitch provoked him, he probably liked her, and he fucked her like a moron. Totally unprofessional.

bitch opened her mouth, he doesn't deserve what happened, man...LOL.

Nobody deserves what happened to him. I mean the bitch lied. But he has to face the consequences of himself being so moron. It's a lesson learned.

you of all people should know that. Jordan and other NBA idols have gone through way worse scandals with much less consequence.

True. But, like Kobe himself said, Shaq was smarter than him. He payed bitches. A lot of money. Jordan too, he payed people. Kobe didn't even pay that bitch. He fucked her for free, and the bitch asked him some millions.

Anyways, Kobe was hated before the scandal, don't you remember?

Yeah, but not at the same levels. You can't deny it.

was Kobe being stupid? yes. were his intentions bad? no...he wanted pussy. he made a dumb mistake, but no way was he deserving of the backlash. do you know how much worse shit has been done in sports that hadn't affected any careers? Kobe was hated from the get-go...it was, like you said, his personality of doin' his own thang and being a stern person that made him less likeable than your giggly athlete (LeBron James, Shaquille O'Neal, etc). The rape case just made it easier for everyone to come out the closet as a hater...PeACe

Yeah.