Author Topic: SA Spurs are Done  (Read 957 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: SA Spurs are Done
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2009, 10:40:31 AM »
not to interrupt the argument, but I gotta chip in and say that Ginobili is NOT their only problem for the future

watching Duncan this year he looked really weak... he's naturally so good that he still could put up numbers

but in reality, even if he gets rest this offseason, he'll be a year older and probably on a team no better than this year

his days of carrying the load are over, Parker has proven to be the guy who can score every time down the floor

unfortunately I have a feeling Ginobili will continue to be nagged by this injury since it has posed a problem for a while now

watching the Spurs in the first round, some of the games they lost with only Parker running around trying to score with Duncan helping was pathetic

they need to make a lot more changes than adding Drew Gooden...

Parker was carrying a majority of the offensive load. A lot of times, but Duncans productivity is pretty much on par with where its been the last 5 yrs.  His numbers really didnt dip much at all this year. He still continues to be the focal point of the offense though when he's in the game. Its just that he is used in a way that isnt necessarily as the #1 scoring option. Parker wont be drawing double teams on the perimeter, but a lot of teams will still double Duncan which is what the Spurs are looking for.  He's a good passer out of the double team.  One on one, he is still gonna take almost anyone....especially on a consistant basis. Its just the way the Spurs are running things now, they arent looking for Duncan to carry them offensively. He's there to score, but more so set up everyone else especially since Parker is used as more of a scoring PG then a passing one.  Ginobli I dunno about. I think he's just worn his body down.  It isnt even about his age, its just his style and the amount of games (not just NBA) that he's played over the years.  He can still produce, his minutes just need to be watched real closely.  The Spurs will be fine though. Drew Gooden isnt the answer, but he's a piece to the puzzle. He's a way for them to still have a low-post presence even when Duncan is on the bench.  If they keep this exact team, then yeah...next year will not be a title. But they should make a few moves.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Rick McCrank

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2009, 12:20:50 PM »
it's just whenever I saw the Spurs this year I found myself thinking how Duncan no longer has that upper hand on players

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2009, 12:39:06 PM »
it's just whenever I saw the Spurs this year I found myself thinking how Duncan no longer has that upper hand on players

Yeah i dunno. His knees have been bothering him this year. But I think he'll be fine for at least a couple more years...
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2009, 08:31:31 AM »

very true