Author Topic: Scarface is the greatest rapper of all time.  (Read 1638 times)

Lunatic

Re: Scarface is the greatest rapper of all time.
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2009, 03:07:53 PM »
Rino is dope but he is missing somethin for me that doesn't put him in the same league as face. Face has a certain presence on the mic, similar to 2Pac. When he raps, something just makes you listen and take it all in. Rino doesn't have that IMO.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2009, 04:04:39 PM »
^^^
k-rino is defintly slept on,dude is tight as fuck. but,let me ask you; you're saying,that if rino got beats from mike dean,n.o joe and john bido he would be recongnized as one of the best?

beats dont really matter.. if he had dean, bido nem or not.. it wouldnt matter.. if he had the money put behind him

like face has..or had.. he would get recognized as the best

face never had2 come outta pockets to get pressed up

or picnics or make sacrifices

he has always been spoiled.. if it wasnt lil j bread.. it was troy licks he was hittin n the bird money he was flippin

man if big mello was still around.. u would be upset over the struggles him n k went thru he'd tell ya..rino dont talk about it...mello will tell u straight up

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2009, 04:57:24 PM »
Nah I disagree.  First, I could never call someone the GOAT.  You can break shit down w/ different eras, and maybe come up w/ a top 10 for each era, but I think it's impossible to pick a greatest.  Kinda like comparing great athletes of today w/ athletes 40 years ago - apples and oranges. 

Like how up on game are you on Melle Mel, Kool Moe Dee, Grandmaster Caz, Kurtis Blow, etc?  What about BDK, KRS, Juice Crew, Ultramagnetic, Rakim, Slick Rick? 

That's no diss at all, I just know you are a younger cat and likely haven't gotten that far diggin in the crates.  Again, not talkin down because I'm still discovering lots of old shit (and you def are up on the new shit much more than me).  Point being, unless you are well versed in everything since the dawn of Hip Hop, it's really impossible to emphatically say who the GOAT was / is.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2009, 10:10:25 PM »
huh? you said the fix is his worst album? you mean the album that got 5 Mic rating from The Source Magazine?
it's a tight ass album....kanye west production... it's def better than made and his latest album.. you got a weird taste hommie
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 10:12:01 PM by D1G1T4L »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2009, 12:03:19 AM »
Rino is dope but he is missing somethin for me that doesn't put him in the same league as face. Face has a certain presence on the mic, similar to 2Pac. When he raps, something just makes you listen and take it all in. Rino doesn't have that IMO.

maybe...but Face gets outshone A LOT when he does collabs.

ABN

« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2009, 01:30:45 AM »
mainstream u prolly can argue yeah..IMO i say outcast lyric for lyric.. face ain't seeing big or Dre

but Texas underground... k-rino got the best catalog to date in Texas...nigga got classics the mainstream hasn't heard till this day

yeah K´s raw with it, by the way. am i the only one that likes Ganksta Nip around here? i haven't met another person in my life that likes him.

Ganksta Nip is tight. K-Rino got some shit,but I wouldn't go as far as saying he's up there with Face.  ;)

i heard a long time ago.. big mello when he was on rap-a-lot.. was the only nigga to not have ft's from anyone.. kuz they aint wanna let him put k-rino on bone hard or wegonefunk.. forgot which one it was..

i miss Big Mello, dude was dope as hell and he seemed like a really nice person. and he definently had an eye for a talent coz he fucked with the Maab waaay back in the gap.

westside159

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2009, 01:39:02 AM »
the greatest rapper ever ?  come on buddy , your doin too much with that statement .    he is maybe in the top 25

westside159

« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2009, 01:40:52 AM »
Scarface Best song of his career  = Never Seen A Man Cry  &   Smile   8) 8)

ABN

« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2009, 01:44:30 AM »
Scarface Best song of his career  = Never Seen A Man Cry  &   Smile   8) 8)
Never Saw A Man Cry is one of the best songs ever recorded by a rapper.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2009, 04:45:22 AM »
No Tears is so fucking dope!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/vR_RW857ecA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/vR_RW857ecA</a>

kemizt

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2009, 12:08:02 PM »
whats k Rino best album?
whats his best commercial album?
whats his best album beat wise?

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2009, 12:54:49 PM »

1. imo its a 3way tie hit list, k-rino and book number 7

2. too underground to be commercial..

3. i never checked k's album for the beats.. on the real any real k-rino fan check the lyrics and not the beat..beats dont make em.. if u lookin for a rino album for beats.. stick to jammin face..

<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/Wtk44hCYk4Q" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/Wtk44hCYk4Q</a>

face could never come up wit no shit like this..and its reason he never really fucked wit em.. face would get ate..

« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 01:01:57 PM by 3rd Coast »

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2009, 01:57:45 PM »
"On my Grind" Ft. Z-Ro is sick 8).......ALso feelin "Hand of the Dead Body"

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2009, 02:04:16 PM »
rappers better in alphabetical order:

2pac
Big Daddy Kane
Big L
Big Punisher
Crooked i
Eminem (in his prime)
Guru
GZA
Kool G Rap
KRS-1
Kurupt
Notorious big
Ice cube
Proof
Rakim
Redman

don't get me wrong, i LIKE scarface better than some of those, but his talent as an emcee doesn't hit me.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2009, 03:00:37 PM »
rappers better in alphabetical order:

2pac
Big Daddy Kane
Big L
Big Punisher
Crooked i
Eminem (in his prime)
Guru
GZA
Kool G Rap
KRS-1
Kurupt
Notorious big
Ice cube
Proof
Rakim
Redman

don't get me wrong, i LIKE scarface better than some of those, but his talent as an emcee doesn't hit me.

How bout Kurupt in HIS prime?

Big L
Big Punisher
Guru
GZA
Proof

^^^
those cats ain't Face's level.

his talent as an emcee doesn't hit me

you're right,Face ain't a MC MC... but he can flip it,and REALLY ill too. Just check his verse on Devin's The Dude album... ohh wee,he kills it.

Big L not on his level?? I don't get it...L's the best ever imo