Author Topic: Bishop Lamont: Truth Serum News (Inteviews, Video Footage, MP3s, Shows)  (Read 1155 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'm a post this because it provides more insight, basically up-to-date information on his situation.

theillseed said:
Bishop is cool. i think he's a good rapper down with a winning team that may or may not be willing to give him a shot. if he keeps working the angles the way he is, he'll have a long career tho, even if he's not worth half a billi - he'll be straight
May 12, 2009 1:02 PM
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
You know, Bishop once said he told Dre "I can watch paint dry" after Dre told him he'd have to wait a while to be released on the Math.  He's definitely proving his point.  The paint done almost dried up, if he watches it any longer it's about to old and need a new coating.

I thought it was good sign to see him working with Lords of Chaos and those others cats from Europe.  For the most part, Bishop seems to get a lot of respect from other hip-hop artists and producers besides a few like Ice Cube, Snoop Dog, Game, Tyrese and J Wells.  The last 3 names don't really count because the beefs can be accounted for - Game caught feelings when he shifted labels; Tyrese cut Bishop's record from Alter Ego after he told Bishop he'd be on the joint; and J Wells seemed somewhat disgruntled because Bishop was focused on working with others (maybe he isn't and is legitimate).   The Snoop and Cube issues I don't really understand besides hearsay of blackballing in the industry. 

If he's not going to drop an album any time soon he should hook up with other folks to do features.  There's a bunch of artists I think he'd be smart to work with that he has yet to - Saigon, Papoose, Immortal Technique, Lloyd Banks, Joell Ortiz (I doubt this will ever happen, Joell don't seem to like dude).

All I know is if he don't jump ship soon he's going to be forgotten like Hittman.  And, I ain't hating, but no one can sit here and tell me Hittman had a career beyond 2001.  The way it's looking now Bishop won't be huge on Detox - note that allhiphop interview where he basically admitted Dre started the Detox concept over, scratched a bunch of records, and he hasn't heard any of the new sessions.  If he hasn't heard it, he most likely hasn't been working on it.   The better he starts admitting his situation publicly the less likely he'll be criticized.  Note: that's only IF he did get dropped or his place on the Math is up for grabs.

If he keeps dropping quality material I really don't care if he's signed or not.  Be a little smarter then Stat Quo and not drop as much material but continue to drop material.

Edit:
Bishop, Taje, and Mike Ant would be a dope collab album.

good points.
well i think it's safe to say that Bishop is an outsider now, as far as Detox is concerned.

i really have no idea what he's up to now.
and he could end up like Hittman, but i really doubt he would disappear completely, you know?
though he has to act fast, as some already lost interest in him & moved on to other artists.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Hip-hop Official Ask Bishop Lamont  drops this Sunday
Note: before the Aftermath mess

Part 1

Part 2

« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 02:13:47 PM by Action! »
- Banks

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
cool, thanks for bringing it to my attention

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Bishop Lamont: April 20th, 2009 via Channel 14
Discusses various meanings of his song such as Grow Up (says much of it is self-reflection)
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1409595

- - -

House of Blues Megamix by Julian Ramirez
http://www.myspace.com/bishoplamont

Bishop Lamont Live @ House of Blues May 30th
20 dollar show

Anyone going?

« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 02:15:12 PM by Action! »
- Banks

YoungCrookedI

lol at him saying that he canned the beef with Game yet he takes a shot at him in the same answer. Bishop will most likely get dropped and not be on a single song on Detox. that´s my predicition atleast.

predicition my ass..who da fuck is da game??? is only a Phonebook rapper...in a Freestyle Battle with bishop he would lose and game´s success is because of Dre & 50 Cent & his lil Ghetto story...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 02:38:27 AM by YoungCrookedI »