Author Topic: Possible HRSMN Slaughterhouse Colab Says Canibus  (Read 94 times)

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

Possible HRSMN Slaughterhouse Colab Says Canibus
« on: May 14, 2009, 12:20:59 AM »
 Possible HRSMN Slaughterhouse Colab

New Canibus interview

Marty: What is a question that you wish someone would ask you?

Canibus: Anyone hip hop aficionado or not would be hard pressed to describe in detail how they feel about how hip hop sounds today and debate whether or not it has evolved or devolved. I feel blogs and twitters have exposed the publications media as a staff of critics arbitrarily judging material and/or motives for artistry without any boundry of recourse for the common artist and their best interests. In other words, unless the artist is self promoting themselves, the media machine can malign their images and create chaos while asking you in silly interviews to clear up the confusion. So to answer your question, I'd say answers are always more important to me than questions. But that's just me.

Marty: What are the major misconceptions that people have about you as an artist?

Canibus: The biggest misconception that people have about me as an artist is that I'm not an artist.

Marty: When was your first big break? For people who don't know, how did you get into the game in the mid 90s?

Canibus: Most information about my 90's catalog is available online. Scattered everywhere being downloaded. Being assimilated. I had really been on my grizzly in the 80's living hip hop as a culture and saw no game to this. Hip Hop was alive and used to come around to visit everybody who said it's name. One day things just changed. Then the changes frequented everyday. Now hip hop means change and for change rappers are changing the meaning.

Marty: Did all the publicity and attention you received from early in your career end up helping or harming you, in hindsight?

Canibus: Yeah. I still haven't recovered from "C" True Hollywood Stories. It was my third album, it should have went platinum. The machine gives me enough to work with what I'm best at and that's how I continue to enjoy hip hop enough to keep recording and staying active in the hip hop community, my hip hop community. Most rap artists quickly develop their own communities and I think that showcases the power of rap music even in this watered down version of a lyrical generation.

Marty: Could you see yourself getting drawn into another battle, with anyone? How do you feel when you look back on the battle with LL Cool J? Anything you would have done differently?

Canibus: I just wish that today Cool J would man the fuck up and do some music with me. On this new UnderGodz album I did with Keith Murray, I said "We should all fall in love before the world blows up!" All the A-List artists need to do a collaboration album with each other. Taking the concept of the 80's song we are the world to the next level to inspire the current generation. All these homegrown MC's have now is media worldwide oversaturation with beef and wars on wax that spill over into an artists personal life. I know Cool J still spittin' that shit. I heard some joints from him Keith Murray played for me, so I know he ain't lose a beat in 30 years. It's time for all of us who carry the weight of failing for hip hop on our shoulders to unite on an album and give the people a united community to respect. In this case I'd do everything differently from this point until the day a collaboration between all A-List MC's happened. Now that, would be a dream come true.

Marty: How do you respond when people label you as "just" a battle MC?

Canibus: I've recorded and released somewhere close to 3,500 songs. If 85% or them where battle tracks then maybe they're right. In '09 I spit 10,000 Bars of rhymes. I can't even live up to what I've already done. I've responded to my criticism by making more and more music of exceptionally greater value every 4 quarters over the years. I'm getting better. This is definitely poetry delivered with the passion of battle.

Marty: What motivates you to keep working?

Canibus: I keep working cause they still don't know yet. Know what you ask? Damn your questions are beginning to sound rhetorical don't you think?

Marty: What goals do you have for yourself at this point in your career? How are they different/same from when you came in the game?

Canibus: I want to say I told you so to the Rap Industry. That's why I still love it. I still am challenged by these newer spit maniacs our brand of hip hop has spawned. These youngins are spittin' and it feels good knowing I had something to do with that no matter who else knows it or not. But I am as lonely now as I ever was with rap.

Marty: What's the state of HRSMN? Will another album be coming at any point soon?

Canibus: Really did your homework didn't you Marty? I talked to Royce and Crooked I about the Slaughterhouse HRSMN reunion, if Joey and Joell are with it then it will be explosive. Until I hear something I'll just keep making records until we can assemble the vocals and release them.

Marty: What is your writing process like when you're writing songs like "Poet Laureate Infinity"? How long does it take you? What made you want to take this approach of spitting 200 bar verses?

Canibus: Poet Laureate Infinity was created in theory first, then put into practice and completed over the course of two weeks. One week was taken to write the four polar body sets of verses to match the original and one week was taken to record the feat. 200 bars is nothing for a song to record compared to what is now possible. I'd have to say I was possessed.

Marty: What are some of the aforementioned topics that you say have ruined hip-hop? Who is responsible for this? What is your personal response to that?

Canibus: Oh shit! You loaded this question with a comment from an earlier email between us Marty. In that email, I accused you of harassing hip hop and being a part of the anti hip hop establishment. Going by the tone of this entire interview, perhaps you would have more insight than I about what ruins hip hop. I don't work at a publication that writes about poetry. I write the poetry. The critics of my work are like middlemen to me.

Marty: What project(s) do you have coming up? Anything you're working on outside of hip-hop?

Canibus: Too many projects to qualitatively tell what is of the most interest and speaking about it here could take the stream out of it if my intentions are mispromoted. I can and will be able to advertise my projects by other means thank you very much.

Marty: Where do you see yourself fitting in hip-hop history?

Canibus: The way things look to me now. Hip Hop is too young to have a history to remember yet. I'm still fighting for a place in it. A real noteworthy place that everyone, including you can really admire and respect

source:dynastyentgroup forums

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

~Lucien~

Re: Possible HRSMN Slaughterhouse Colab Says Canibus
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 12:41:30 AM »
Canibus the greatest rapper alive. Nice read!
But what's up with some of the answers he gave lol.
Canibus is a nice person to interview haha