Author Topic: DJ Quik Kurupt in studio doing another video....  (Read 482 times)

Smoke

DJ Quik Kurupt in studio doing another video....
« on: May 15, 2009, 03:30:39 PM »

i know the video is already posted but i prefer put a new topic , what do you think ?
someone tells that is BLAQKOUT intro but to me it's strange doing a video for an intro, anyway beat IS FUCKIN DOPE
this is real DJ Quik

DTG Entertainment

Re: DJ Quik Kurupt in studio doing another video....
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 03:41:57 PM »

i know the video is already posted but i prefer put a new topic , what do you think ?
someone tells that is BLAQKOUT intro but to me it's strange doing a video for an intro, anyway beat IS FUCKIN DOPE
this is real DJ Quik

Quik has multiple styles. It is what it is. Don't let your taste limit you.

Smoke

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 03:44:00 PM »
you right
anyway i think this track is called " BLAQKOUT "

i remember an article where says that the titletrack was a perfect vibe song for a midnite summer day or things like that

:)

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 03:44:58 PM »
you right

i remember an article where says that the titletrack was a perfect vibe song for a midnite summer day or things like that

Seems like it. I like the track, but I don't have a problem with 9 Times Out Of 10. ;) +1

nuk23

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 03:59:49 PM »
haha, yeah I was going to start a new thread for this video... But soo many people were talking shit about how wack this albums gonna be and how Quik fell off that I put it in that other thread cuz people were talkin like quik fell off.
Its amazing to me that people are already writing this cd off over maybe 1-2 songs that they don't like.  my opinion is that this album will have allota different musical styles and tastes... This track, and Fuck Yall should satisfy the Quik purists.. But most of the tracks will have new sounds and styles which I'm looking foward to hearing. 
This track hear reminds me of Rhythmalism slightly.. and I can't wait to hear this cd quality and bang this in the ride!
This is that WestCoast feel good grown folk music right here!

I'm well balanced, with immense talents...  Burn the script, then flip it to keep myself challenged.

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 01:09:15 AM »
Y'all gotta understand that for an album having MULTIPLE STYLES is a minus, not a plus at all... it means there's not an idea, a project.. just a bunch of different tracks to reach different types of fans... WTF, nobody does concept album anymore.

Dopeisjay

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 01:14:23 AM »
This is the blaqkout intro! and its smooth as fuck!
you right

nuk23

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 03:21:43 AM »
Y'all gotta understand that for an album having MULTIPLE STYLES is a minus, not a plus at all... it means there's not an idea, a project.. just a bunch of different tracks to reach different types of fans... WTF, nobody does concept album anymore.

I'm gonna have to disagree w/ u there buddy.. Multiple styles is not a minus at all!  Even though they have different musical origins, ultimately they are produced by the same man, using his same technique on his same equipment.  Thats why all the top producers in the game have a signature sound.  Even though Hey Playa, Fuck Yall and 9 x outta 10 all have 3 very distinct sounds to them, its not a stretch that they came from Quik, cuz they still have Quik's sound to them.

I don't consider it a bunch of different tracks to reach different types of fans.. This would only be a problem to the fans that are stuck on one particular type of music.. Like people who only listen to Boom Bap Rap, or WestCoast Gangsta Rap or DownSouth BootyShake or whatever, if u are stuck to that type of shit.. then yeah, this won't be an album for u...
Me personally, I listen to a little of everything.. From Stevie Wonder to Sade, From Red Hot Chilli Peppers to Simon & Garfunkel, from Andre3000 to Royksopp.. I'm just a fan of music.  So I'm not gonna be stuck in a cage.

Like my personal favorite Quik CD is Safe & Sound cuz I love the mix of smooth grooves and hard hittin gansta shit... But I think Rhytmalism is his most complete cd.  Because he incorporates almost every genre of music in that album... Rock(the intro) Club/pop (down, down, down) Gangsta Shit (Youz A Gangsta) Smooth Jazz (Whateva U Do & Thinkin bout u) Grunge (speed) Old school R&B (El's interlude) Reggae (Bombudd II) disco (Get together again) not to mention just different rap styles are all over that album!  Its a musical masterpiece! and I believe that itself was the concept.  Not just a bunch of tracks put together..

« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 03:23:58 AM by nuk23 »

I'm well balanced, with immense talents...  Burn the script, then flip it to keep myself challenged.

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 04:18:16 AM »

I'm gonna have to disagree w/ u there buddy.. Multiple styles is not a minus at all!  Even though they have different musical origins, ultimately they are produced by the same man, using his same technique on his same equipment.  Thats why all the top producers in the game have a signature sound.  Even though Hey Playa, Fuck Yall and 9 x outta 10 all have 3 very distinct sounds to them, its not a stretch that they came from Quik, cuz they still have Quik's sound to them.

I don't consider it a bunch of different tracks to reach different types of fans.. This would only be a problem to the fans that are stuck on one particular type of music.. Like people who only listen to Boom Bap Rap, or WestCoast Gangsta Rap or DownSouth BootyShake or whatever, if u are stuck to that type of shit.. then yeah, this won't be an album for u...
Me personally, I listen to a little of everything.. From Stevie Wonder to Sade, From Red Hot Chilli Peppers to Simon & Garfunkel, from Andre3000 to Royksopp.. I'm just a fan of music.  So I'm not gonna be stuck in a cage.

Like my personal favorite Quik CD is Safe & Sound cuz I love the mix of smooth grooves and hard hittin gansta shit... But I think Rhytmalism is his most complete cd.  Because he incorporates almost every genre of music in that album... Rock(the intro) Club/pop (down, down, down) Gangsta Shit (Youz A Gangsta) Smooth Jazz (Whateva U Do & Thinkin bout u) Grunge (speed) Old school R&B (El's interlude) Reggae (Bombudd II) disco (Get together again) not to mention just different rap styles are all over that album!  Its a musical masterpiece! and I believe that itself was the concept.  Not just a bunch of tracks put together..

Best post I've read in a while, that's a grown opinion, finally.
+1 man
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 04:39:42 AM »

The idea on Rhythm-al-ism was experimenting with few different kind of music and make em all sound Funky, that's pretty clear to me. Except for the Raggae track (just a tribute to his first album), all the others are strictly connected and that's the genius of Quik.
That's a thing he couldn't do with "Trauma", where you can see half of the tracks represent the old Quik and the other half the new Quik, but it's ok, it was a good album, just not a classic.
So far here it's happening the same: "Intro, Fuck Y'All, Hey Playa" VS "9 Times, Whatcha Wan Do".

Think about "Makaveli", it's really like reading a book made of different chapters.. off course it's not the same since the begin to the end (take for example "LA" e "Toss It Up"), but you can see there's a strong concept behind everything.

No cage, I can't live only by Quik's music.. it's just I don't wanna hear one track sounding like Lil' Wayne, the next like Dre, then Lady Gaga, then Luciano Pavarotti.. WTF would be that? Just a bunch of tracks, a compilation.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 04:50:44 AM by Davizz »

Okka

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 07:48:54 AM »
Sounds real good, has the whole Intro leaked?

nuk23

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 12:26:33 PM »

+1 man

Thank ya kindly, I appreciate it man!

The idea on Rhythm-al-ism was experimenting with few different kind of music and make em all sound Funky, that's pretty clear to me. Except for the Raggae track (just a tribute to his first album), all the others are strictly connected and that's the genius of Quik.
That's a thing he couldn't do with "Trauma", where you can see half of the tracks represent the old Quik and the other half the new Quik, but it's ok, it was a good album, just not a classic.
So far here it's happening the same: "Intro, Fuck Y'All, Hey Playa" VS "9 Times, Whatcha Wan Do".

Think about "Makaveli", it's really like reading a book made of different chapters.. off course it's not the same since the begin to the end (take for example "LA" e "Toss It Up"), but you can see there's a strong concept behind everything.

No cage, I can't live only by Quik's music.. it's just I don't wanna hear one track sounding like Lil' Wayne, the next like Dre, then Lady Gaga, then Luciano Pavarotti.. WTF would be that? Just a bunch of tracks, a compilation.

I kinda feel what ur saying, but I just think everybody is jumping the gun.. We haven't heard 70% of the album yet.. And everybody is over analyzing everything..  U brought up trauma.. Now I agree, it was good but wasn't a classic.. Now me personally, I would be happy w/ music the quality of trauma on this release.

I think too many people on here are hoping this CD saves the West or something! C'mon.. If u read all their interviews they've said this album was made in less than 3 months..Kurupt wasn't even there for most of the time, would just come in and lay some verses down.  I mean, Kurupt is working on 3 different albums at the same time! 
They said its just a fun record, they didn't make it for their core fans, to try to compete w/ any music coming out nowadays, or just to sell albums or anything like that, they just made it for themselves! 

And thats all that I'm expecting, a fun record w/ some new styles and sounds, something that I can bang in my ride for the summertime!   8) 8)
If u are expecting a five mic classic or something thats gonna bring the westcoast back to the forefront, or something along the lines of makaveli than ur gonna be in for a dissapointment. 
I mean they drop one street video and everybody on this forum is going nuts, trashing it.. saying they want it to sound like this or that.. go back to the old Quik, go back to the old Kurupt.. If they tried to do what everybody on this westcoast forum wanted, that shit would never come out.  I'm just happy this cd looks like its actually coming out, and I'm actually gonna be able to bang it.. instead of waiting for a concept album that might never come out.. (i.e Detox)

Dopeisjay

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2009, 12:33:27 PM »
and ima add to that, quik & kurupt did say it was a fun fast record, but also keep in mind Quik did mention for "Blaqkout 2" it's actualy gonna be more of a
record where your used to from quik and kurupt, with taking more time into the record, and knockin it out.
but believe me it aint a bad record from what i heard this record is a must. quote me on that one lol

+1 man

Thank ya kindly, I appreciate it man!

I kinda feel what ur saying, but I just think everybody is jumping the gun.. We haven't heard 70% of the album yet.. And everybody is over analyzing everything..  U brought up trauma.. Now I agree, it was good but wasn't a classic.. Now me personally, I would be happy w/ music the quality of trauma on this release.

I think too many people on here are hoping this CD saves the West or something! C'mon.. If u read all their interviews they've said this album was made in less than 3 months..Kurupt wasn't even there for most of the time, would just come in and lay some verses down.  I mean, Kurupt is working on 3 different albums at the same time! 
They said its just a fun record, they didn't make it for their core fans, to try to compete w/ any music coming out nowadays, or just to sell albums or anything like that, they just made it for themselves! 

And thats all that I'm expecting, a fun record w/ some new styles and sounds, something that I can bang in my ride for the summertime!   8) 8)
If u are expecting a five mic classic or something thats gonna bring the westcoast back to the forefront, or something along the lines of makaveli than ur gonna be in for a dissapointment. 
I mean they drop one street video and everybody on this forum is going nuts, trashing it.. saying they want it to sound like this or that.. go back to the old Quik, go back to the old Kurupt.. If they tried to do what everybody on this westcoast forum wanted, that shit would never come out.  I'm just happy this cd looks like its actually coming out, and I'm actually gonna be able to bang it.. instead of waiting for a concept album that might never come out.. (i.e Detox)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2009, 12:46:52 PM »
some different shit, wasnt expectin this
its not wack and its mos def better than the other shit comin out nowadays, but i was expectin a lil more heat from the greats
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.