Author Topic: The Official Toronto Blue Jays Thread  (Read 2809 times)

Lunatic

Re: The Official Toronto Blue Jays Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2009, 08:46:50 PM »
Yeah they sent him to the minors and said said they were sticking with who they have now
wow :-\

he'll be up in no time
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 07:51:36 AM »
From everything I've heard Marcum's might be back in August and it's unlikely you'll see McGowan this year.
I'm hoping Romero is just doing a rehab start or two, but he should get his spot back in the rotation by the end of the month.
Janssen hasn't pitched in 2009 or 2008 and he was the set-up man in 2007.  I don't think he's owed a spot in the rotation like Romero.

They should bring up Accardo, I don't know why he's still in Las Vegas.  So bring up Accardo and Romero and send down Wolfe and Camp.  That should be done for sure.  But big decisions are going to have to be made because they have to make room for Janssen and Litsch soon too.

Halladay should be the only starter with a locked spot and somehow pick the best 4 of Litsch, Romero, Janssen, Ray, Cecill, Richmond and Tallet.  And Purcey I guess if he can solve his control issues.  A good problem to have.  They really might have to trade a few young arms while their stock is somewhat high and try to get a long-term solution at SS or 3B. 

PLANT

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 09:32:36 AM »
From everything I've heard Marcum's might be back in August and it's unlikely you'll see McGowan this year.
I'm hoping Romero is just doing a rehab start or two, but he should get his spot back in the rotation by the end of the month.
Janssen hasn't pitched in 2009 or 2008 and he was the set-up man in 2007.  I don't think he's owed a spot in the rotation like Romero.

They should bring up Accardo, I don't know why he's still in Las Vegas.  So bring up Accardo and Romero and send down Wolfe and Camp.  That should be done for sure.  But big decisions are going to have to be made because they have to make room for Janssen and Litsch soon too.

Halladay should be the only starter with a locked spot and somehow pick the best 4 of Litsch, Romero, Janssen, Ray, Cecill, Richmond and Tallet.  And Purcey I guess if he can solve his control issues.  A good problem to have.  They really might have to trade a few young arms while their stock is somewhat high and try to get a long-term solution at SS or 3B. 
I think they should go with

Halladay
Litsch
Richmond
Romero
Cecil

and like you said send down Wolfe and Camp.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2009, 10:32:06 AM »
I think they should go with

Halladay
Litsch
Richmond
Romero
Cecil

and like you said send down Wolfe and Camp.

And if you have that rotation, Tallet and Janssen with be in the pen making it look like:

LHP-Tallet
LHP-Carlson
LHP-Ryan
RHP-Janssen
RHP-League
RHP-Accardo
RHP-Frasor
CLR-Downs

Nasty bullpen.  Just hope there aren't any more injuries. 

Jaydc555

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2009, 10:47:53 AM »
Its definitely a good problem to have I don't think anyone is complainting ha ha.And to think we lost aj Burnett

Jaydc555

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2009, 12:29:51 PM »
Another win for the jays.Four game sweep!Its too bad Carlsson fucked up the w for Richmond

Lunatic

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2009, 12:31:56 PM »
another W baby 8)

RIOS comes up big!
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2009, 02:01:21 PM »
Fantastic!  After a little downer of a series against the Yanks they forget about it and came back with a 4 game sweep.  This is what they have to do, just beat up on these shitty teams.

Carlson has been had a rough couple of outings, not like him. 

Time for Boston!  I wish Cito had some balls and put Halladay out there Thursday against them.  He is a work horse and can handle short rest. 

PLANT

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2009, 05:16:29 PM »
Ya that would be sweet if Roy gets a start in Boston....Keep the wins coming!! 

Jaydc555

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2009, 05:50:40 PM »
These series is a big test for these young pitchers and will be a measuring stick on how long they stay.casey janssen has made 5 starts now in the minors and is sporting a 0.76 era.That's damn impressive

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2009, 07:39:08 PM »
roy halladays not having a bad year
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2009, 06:31:37 PM »
One of the worst games I've ever seen, I want those two and a half hours back.  There must have been 15 soft, dinky pop up by the Jays.  Ugly, ugly game. 
And goddam Vernon Wells, 0 for 4 and I bet he didn't see more than 10 pitches and popped up 4 times.   :-X

Jaydc555

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2009, 06:31:44 PM »
Kind of a boring game.pop up after pop up,blue jays were too aggressive against wakefield.They needed to take more pitches instead of swinging at the first pitch every at bat.I know that's their style at the plate this year and its brough them success but you can't do that against a guy like wakefiel.Still on the brightside tallet had another solid start.Looking forward to tommorows game

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2009, 06:32:40 PM »
told ya the Sawx were better
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Jaydc555

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2009, 06:33:53 PM »
I'd say losing a 2-1 game can't justify saying that.