Author Topic: Tim Duncan = The Best PF Ever  (Read 872 times)

"THE" MoSav

Re: Tim Duncan = The Best PF Ever
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2009, 03:13:10 PM »
td beat some weak teams in his finals wins

The Best of 3 Worlds

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2009, 04:11:09 PM »
IMO Malone is the only other PF that should be in this debate but I would take Duncan over him any day

at least u can admit that. I would take TD too, i was just saying u gotta give malone some credit. Hed have titles if he didnt run into MJ 2 years in a row. AND WHAT ABOUT BARKLEY??? DOMINAnt!!!!!

2 yrs in a row?  Only one year he ran into MJ. 

LMAOOOOOOOOO

how ironic, you tried questioning my basketball knowledge in this thread and then followed it with that post. hahahahahahaha

memory lapse...your attempt to make it a big deal tho failed miserably. Keep trying fag.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2009, 04:14:29 PM »

I dunno, the Pistons team was pretty much the exactly same (with a little more experience) as the one that crushed the Laker team that was supposed to be built for a title.  It doesnt matter who they played in the finals, they beat the best team the East had to offer on any of those years. Not to mention, those titles were more impressive for what they got through in the West...not so much who they beat from the East. 
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2009, 04:16:10 PM »
hey NIK

bill russel > kareem

for sure
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

tempo2

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2009, 04:16:51 PM »
plus you cant blame a team for facing poor opposition in the finals, you can only beat the team infront of you, a title is a title

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2009, 04:50:27 PM »
hey NIK

bill russel > kareem

for sure

???

I guess

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2009, 05:08:23 PM »
naw it's very debatable

the only people who disagree are those who didn't really see malone and barkley in their prime.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2009, 05:27:06 PM »
naw it's very debatable

the only people who disagree are those who didn't really see malone and barkley in their prime.

They took a poll of NBA analysts on ESPN last year during the playoffs.  It was a virtual wash for Duncan as best ever. There were a couple of picks for Malone and Barkley. But it was a landside on the voting.  Malone IMO just had the great numbers. He scored alot. And I watched him in his prime for sure. Like Ive said tho, he had the luxury of the greatest assist guy ever. And played in the pick n roll which they ran great.  He benefited from a lot of what Stockton did on the court.  We used to have a pretty heated rivalry with the Jazz before Duncan came along. And Stockton was the one you were more worried about stopping the Malone.  Barkley gets over-looked sometimes. People seem to think its between Duncan and Malone all the time. But I put Barkley>Malone.  He doesnt have the points that Malone put up, but Barkley was able to carry a team by himself. I dont think Malone could. Malone needed that guy feeding him the ball. Barkley was more likely to create by himself.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2009, 09:20:47 PM »

I dunno, the Pistons team was pretty much the exactly same (with a little more experience) as the one that crushed the Laker team that was supposed to be built for a title.  It doesnt matter who they played in the finals, they beat the best team the East had to offer on any of those years. Not to mention, those titles were more impressive for what they got through in the West...not so much who they beat from the East. 

great pistons team, yes. Weak Nets team, weak weak cavs team, and weak Knicks team. Not taking anything away from TD cuz he still got thru the west, just stating a fact

The Best of 3 Worlds

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2009, 11:13:32 PM »

great pistons team, yes. Weak Nets team, weak weak cavs team, and weak Knicks team. Not taking anything away from TD cuz he still got thru the west, just stating a fact

the thing is, the Pistons team was great...and we beat them. The Nets and Cavs were not so great, but we beat the Nets fairly easily...and completely demolished the Cavs. So although they were great teams, they gave us no real trouble. The Knicks actually werent that bad.  But does getting to the finals and demolishing a team that isnt that great make u any less dominant then getting to the finals and winning a hard faught series against a great team? We werent a better team the year we beat the Pistons then we were the year we beat the Cavs.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2009, 11:15:46 PM »

the thing is, the Pistons team was great...and we beat them. The Nets and Cavs were not so great, but we beat the Nets fairly easily...and completely demolished the Cavs. So although they were great teams, they gave us no real trouble. The Knicks actually werent that bad.  But does getting to the finals and demolishing a team that isnt that great make u any less dominant then getting to the finals and winning a hard faught series against a great team? We werent a better team the year we beat the Pistons then we were the year we beat the Cavs.

like i said I TAKE NOTHING AWAY FROM TD, i was just saying his finals competition was weak and u agreed with me..

The Best of 3 Worlds

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2009, 11:31:08 PM »

like i said I TAKE NOTHING AWAY FROM TD, i was just saying his finals competition was weak and u agreed with me..

i said 2 of them were not great...one was definetely a great team....and one was a good team.  Either way, they were all better then anyone else in the league other then SA. Anyways, enough of this lol

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2009, 09:17:33 AM »

i said 2 of them were not great...one was definetely a great team....and one was a good team.  Either way, they were all better then anyone else in the league other then SA. Anyways, enough of this lol

no chance the Nets team that SAS beat in 03 was better then the lakers team they beat in the WCF..LOL

The Best of 3 Worlds

tempo2

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2009, 02:02:45 PM »
a cahmpionship is a championship regardless of who you play. duncan = 4 rings, barkley = 0 rings, malone = 0 rings.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2009, 04:44:21 PM »
IMO Malone is the only other PF that should be in this debate but I would take Duncan over him any day

at least u can admit that. I would take TD too, i was just saying u gotta give malone some credit. Hed have titles if he didnt run into MJ 2 years in a row. AND WHAT ABOUT BARKLEY??? DOMINAnt!!!!!

2 yrs in a row?  Only one year he ran into MJ. 

LMAOOOOOOOOO

how ironic, you tried questioning my basketball knowledge in this thread and then followed it with that post. hahahahahahaha

memory lapse...your attempt to make it a big deal tho failed miserably. Keep trying fag.

make a big deal? ...im just pointing out the irony in it. thought that was funny and so would you. LOL