Author Topic: Terminator Salvation  (Read 1020 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Terminator Salvation
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2009, 06:52:36 PM »
might wanna spoiler tag that somehow, its a great moment for people that dont know about it.

T2 >> TS >>> T1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> T3 (piece of shit)

this movie isn't like T2 in that it has appeal in the sense of drama/emotional depth, but its fun as fuck. Siskel used to say a good movie has 3 good scenes and no bad ones. Well, this has atleast 5 great ones and my complaints are minimal. Go see this shit!

Ok, just saw it. Actually a lot better than I thought it would be. Not as good as 2, but way better than T3.

I quoted you because now I'm actually stunned by your opinion. I get why a lot of people born after T1 came out prefer T2, but to say that Salvation is better than T1 really makes me think that you don't understand why T1 was so great to begin with. Think of T1 as the Sgt. Peppers of Sci-Fi action thrillers. Maybe the people that love it love it too much and maybe it is overrated, and if you want to say The White Album is better than Sgt. Peppers that's one thing, but you're calling McCartney's Ram album better than Sgt. Peppers and that's just absurd.

Well, I won't call it a better film - but I do enjoy it more.

You only saw it once a few days ago and already you're making a claim that you enjoy it more. To each their own. You must really not like T1 that much. Just a question, what did you think of Blade Runner (the real version that came out as the director's cut)?

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2009, 03:17:32 AM »
I've only seen it once a couple years ago - it was the version with the narration (which IIRC is the shitty one?) and I didn't like it.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2009, 09:16:04 AM »
I've only seen it once a couple years ago - it was the version with the narration (which IIRC is the shitty one?) and I didn't like it.

The one with out the naration is the good one. But if you only saw it once and didn't like it I'm starting to see where you're coming from. You don't seem to have developed a taste for the pre-Reagan films. The post-Regan Sci-Action films were flushing money down the toilet trying to look better than eachother, and using very basic plot by numbers to sell the stories. Originality was gone. The coolness was replaced with conformity. T2 was the best of it's type, maybe, but it's type wasn't that great. I just never bought into the whole heart of the characters. If want that, which I do much of the time, I'll watch real movies like Driving Miss Daisy.

It's like being a fan of White Snake or Motley Crue and thinking Iron Maiden isn't all that special. You just don't get metal. Even in the bad version Blade Runner is one of the greatest sci-fi films ever released.

herpes

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2009, 06:57:53 PM »
I haven't seen the flick but I read one of the reasons the movie sucks is b/c of Christian Bale.  The original script only gave John Connor about 3 minutes of screen time and was going to focus more on that marcus guy and kyle. McG wanted Bale to play Marcus but I guess being familiar with the franchise insisted on playing John Connor and he wasn't happy with the 3 minutes of screen time.  So they re-wrote the movie to include John Connor more while trying to stay true to the original script and it basically became a clusterfuck.

EML

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2009, 07:08:35 PM »
I thought it was a good lots of action.
And has any one seen T2 ultimate edition (or something like that) It comes with
3 versions of it and for one of them. you need a code to watch it has any seen it?
Let's get along with the Mexicans
And we can all have peace on the sets again
Imagine that if it took place [ha ha ha]
Keeping the smile off their white faces
2pac
Blacks and Mexicans stop all that bullshit in the pen
Understand that is us verse them
Ice Cube

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2009, 09:12:06 PM »
I haven't seen the flick but I read one of the reasons the movie sucks is b/c of Christian Bale.  The original script only gave John Connor about 3 minutes of screen time and was going to focus more on that marcus guy and kyle. McG wanted Bale to play Marcus but I guess being familiar with the franchise insisted on playing John Connor and he wasn't happy with the 3 minutes of screen time.  So they re-wrote the movie to include John Connor more while trying to stay true to the original script and it basically became a clusterfuck.

I don't think I would have preferred the original script. I would have preferred it to have started right after Judgement day occurred and then show how John Connor joined the resistance and moved the up the ranks. The ending, which may not have been until the 3rd film of this series would have to answer the major question that T2 and then some brought into play; if Skynet had the ability to send T1000 to 91 why didn't they just send a few T1000s to 84 and killed Sarah and Kyle for good? And if John had the ability to send a T800 after the T1000 why didn't he send a T800s with Kyle?

The only answer for this that I could think of is that Skynet never sent the Terminators back in the first place. John stopped Skynet before they sent back the Terminators and Skynet was destroyed and the humans won. But John how realizes that it was he who sent back the terminators to kill himself and Kyle and the Terminator to keep himself alive. He realizes that with out his experiences he never would have been able to beat Skynet and he needs to face what he faced to become who he became.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2009, 09:39:25 PM »
It was a pretty meh movie.  So far, Star Trek still has the crown for the best movie of the year. 

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2009, 07:07:41 AM »

Yeah, but that original script was fucking RETARDED.

http://chud.com/articles/articles/19577/1/EXCLUSIVE-WHAT-WENT-WRONG-WITH-TERMINATOR-SALVATION/Page1.html

if anyone wants to read it - trust me, bale did the right thing by insisting on those rewrites.

Also, alot of people complain that there isn't enough character development, but McG talks about that here: (basically, theres 30 minutes of cut footage)

http://www.collider.com/entertainment/interviews/article.asp?aid=11845&tcid=1

I thought it was a good lots of action.
And has any one seen T2 ultimate edition (or something like that) It comes with
3 versions of it and for one of them. you need a code to watch it has any seen it?

I have the Extreme edition (which has two), but I know what you're talking about. The original, theatrical version is the best. The extended adds 20 minutes of redundant filler and just slows down the pace of the movie too much. There's one good scene, but the movie's much better without the rest.

There's also the alternate extended one which adds a new ending that shows a happy future - also worse.

Jaydc555

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2009, 07:18:31 AM »
The only interest I have in this movie is because Christian bale is in it.He's been my favorite actor since I first saw american psycho

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2009, 04:56:31 PM »
seen it the other day, it just felt cheesy and they were throwing random stuff around hoping it would stick. I lost interest half way through the film. good action but nothing that will make me want to see this movie again like the other terminator flicks. T2>T1>>T3>>>>>T4

big fail, hopefully McG retires. like some have said this feels like what batman and robin (T4) were to Darknight (T2, T1)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2009, 06:15:17 PM »
Not much has come out this year, usually movies start rolling in the summer (the block buster type ones) and then in Fall (for the "Oscar" and "artsy" ones).  I don't get the Star Trek hate on here, what's wrong with it?  And no way is Wolverine better, that's a 7/10 for me.  Star Trek is 8.8/10, and you're going to see it on a lot of people's top ten lists by the end of the year. 

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2009, 06:47:37 PM »
I don't fall for blockbuster hype, Transformers is one of the movies I've come to hate so much and people bust a nut over that.  The time traveling aspect of Star Trek is hardly a reason why I thought Star Trek was really good though.  It's not like if they were using it as a way to say, "Hey look at how clever we are".  It's just there to make you think that the characters you know of Star Trek have their future unwritten thanks to this alternate reality.  All the actors in the film were great, there were a lot of great scenes in the movie.  One of the scenes that stand out was the where Kirk and Cho's character were falling and they were in the process of being teleported back to the ship...and the Russian barely made it.  That was a well shot scene right there,

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2009, 07:06:38 PM »
I started to watch Lost, I'm in episode 7 of Season 1, so far it's good stuff.  I imagine it's only going to get better though.  Not sure about the Sarah Connor tv series, is it worth checking out?

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2009, 07:28:31 PM »
In fairness to Star Trek, what I'm talking about is that they didn't spend so much dealing with the whole time traveling aspect of the movie.  It's just there to make you actually "worry" about the characters because it's in an alternate reality already...but either way I can't wait to continue watching Lost. 

Going off topic, maybe I should start a new topic but damn TV Shows are outshining movies these days.  Shows like Breaking Bad and Mad Men are fucking brilliant and I can put these up with the best movies of the last 5 years.  Even the not so "critically acclaimed" shows I've come to enjoy alot.  Shows like Fringe and Heroes are pretty cool, it's like popcorn TV lol. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2009, 08:46:38 PM »
Have to jump in on this one because I am a huge fan of Wolverinw the character and I have to say that the movie was absolutely terrible. I'm not the biggest Trekkie but Star Trek blows Wolverine out of the water. They PG'd his harater to death. They made Sabretooth his brother for no reason. It's bad a enough he's such a sap with Jean Gray they have to give him another stupid girl to pine over. Having adamantium bullets make him lose his memory was almost as stupid as being able to predict that adamantium bullets would make him lose his memory. The whole film was suxh a mess. Most Marvel films are though. Punisher Warzone was great though. It didn't attempt to be anything more than it was and God bless them for it.