Author Topic: Eminems Relapse is the album that is getting your money worth.  (Read 769 times)

Jaydc555

Re: Eminems Relapse is the album that is getting your money worth.
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2009, 08:39:27 AM »
Listen to insane that's my favorite track.the subject matter is sick but the wordplay is sicker

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2009, 08:44:46 AM »
I don't agree.Most albums that ended up being some of my favorite albums are ones I didn't care for much the first listen.Same with albums I love the first listen.Good music has depth that takes more then one listen to really appreciate

Lupe Fiasco was like that for me...

Exactly. It's hard to say that it's impossible for somone to fall in love with an album long after the first listen. Food and Liqour I had to listen to a good number of times before I full understood all the metaphors and shit and realized just how insane Lupe was lyrically.

Reventón Bogotá Rolla

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • High Roller
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2009, 08:48:54 AM »
what is everyone talking about it's been years since something good came out lol.... last album i bought was paper trail

2009 Kid CuDi - Man on the Moon: The Guardians

Jaydc555

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2009, 08:49:14 AM »
Of course it is subjective to the listener but I liked every song on the album and each one shows great lyricism

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2009, 08:49:55 AM »
Listen to insane that's my favorite track.the subject matter is sick but the wordplay is sicker

The lyrics are so whack.  The subject content, I mean...  His flow was good, the delivery on the songs was okay..  The lyrics were dumb..  It's like ICP but not as good?

wcsoldier

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2009, 08:51:07 AM »
I WANNA SAY THIS:

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE ALBUM ON YOUR FIRST LISTEN, YOU DON'T LIKE IT.  IF YOU ARE SAYING YOU LIKE IT AFTER "REPEATED LISTENS" YOU ARE FORCING YOURSELF TO BECOME FAMILIAR WITH IT AND GROW A LIKENESS TO IT, FOR WHATEVER REASON. (CUZ ITS THE ALMIGHTY EMINEM/DR.DRE/AFTERMATH/MAJOR LABEL).

Album was whack, production does NOT save a bad album.

word

Jaydc555

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2009, 08:53:56 AM »
Like I said its subjective to the listener but this is the slim shady eminem and the lyrics reflect that.Sure he's talking about some fucked up shit but the way he forms his bars is beyond most rappers.But if you don't like it,you don't like it nothing will change that

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2009, 09:46:41 AM »
people only like it this much (on here) bcuz it's Dr. Dre's shit.  if Relapse was Em's sophmore album and Dr. Dre was just some old ass nigga just getting on then y'all wouldn't be trippin this much.  u guys r getting caught up in tha aora.  but i fux wit Relaspe too, dont get this shit twisted.  y'all r just geekin bcuz it's Dr. Dre's name/beats and Eminem's flows.  when Detox drops; the leaked version will get hated on for about a week and then people will jump on deck as soon as they see everybody else in tha world fux wit it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/235051619/aliciapm.wmv
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 09:52:52 AM by RadioTube! Da Cannon »

Jaydc555

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2009, 09:48:36 AM »
I actually didn't care for some of the production and thought em should have done some tracks as his production would fit better with the lyrics

JohnnyL

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2009, 05:41:21 PM »
I find myself liking the album more and more too.  The weird thing is initially the accents he was using in many of the songs sounded pretty strange to me.  But the more I listen to it, the more those voices just sound normal.  At least in the context of fitting well with their respective songs.  Probably the songs on the album that are getting the most play from me right now are "Insane," "Bagpipes from Baghdad," "Hello," "Same Song and Dance," "Deja Vu," "Underground," "My Darling," and "Be Careful What You Wish For." (Which I guess is most of the album. lol) The production is top notch.  In my opinion, this is definitely a return to form for Eminem.

westside159

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2009, 06:09:06 PM »
the beats on Relapse ar his best to date and the flow and lyrics are his best to date so Relapse was very well worth the money and more ...

2 great albums dropped this month

1. Relapse
2. Blackout 2 
 8) 8) 8)

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2009, 06:35:13 PM »
This albums got great production, a cohesive feel, eminems flows still sick but that doesnt help the fact that the album is average and i agree with previous posts that people are kind of forcing themselves to like it, not because its eminem and dre but simply because hip-hops so poor at the moment and on a mainstream level theirs been alot of dissapointments therefore peoples expectations are lowered, unfortunately that doesnt make the album above average imo and a dissapointment

JohnnyL

« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2009, 07:21:00 PM »
 Okay.  I respect you're all's opinions.  And I know there are some people on here who dislike the album and some who like it.  That's cool.  Everybody's taste varies.  But as it pertains to the idea that people are forcing themselves to like this album, why does that matter?  I'm not even going to say you're wrong.  Maybe in some cases, you guys who think this is happening are right.  But for arguments sake, let's say that you are...If someone likes the album, why should it matter how they came to like the album?  What I guess I'm trying to say is; if a person likes the album because they made themself like the album, why does that matter?  They still like the album. 
  In many cases, I think making oneself listen to an album over an extended period to see how you ultimately feel about it, is a more fair approach to judging an album than a cursory evaluation after only one listen.  I'll admit that on my first couple listens of this particular album, I felt somewhat differently than I do now.  I still think the album has some problems.  Personally, I wouldn't call it a classic.  But I think it's a huge leap in the right direction, after "Encore."  And I have to admit, it's definitely grown on me, in just a short amount of time.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2009, 07:28:09 PM »
BAGPIPES FROM BAGDAD IS DOPE

not feeling much of the rest after 1 listen...and no i dind't buy it
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Layeth THe Smacketh Down

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2009, 07:45:33 PM »
I WANNA SAY THIS:

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE ALBUM ON YOUR FIRST LISTEN, YOU DON'T LIKE IT.  IF YOU ARE SAYING YOU LIKE IT AFTER "REPEATED LISTENS" YOU ARE FORCING YOURSELF TO BECOME FAMILIAR WITH IT AND GROW A LIKENESS TO IT, FOR WHATEVER REASON. (CUZ ITS THE ALMIGHTY EMINEM/DR.DRE/AFTERMATH/MAJOR LABEL).

Album was whack, production does NOT save a bad album.

How can you really judge an entire album on one playthrough.  There are plenty of classic albums I didn't like on the first play through.  Listening to something more than once is not forcing yourself to like it.  You cant be forced to like something either you like it or you don't.  Listening to album more than once just means youre actually giving yourself a chance to digest it all. 

And yeah the album is dope.  "Must be the Ganja" and "Medicine Ball" bump