Poll

how much longer do you think that Aftermath will last?

19 (35.2%)
8 (14.8%)
8 (14.8%)
other option:
19 (35.2%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: Poll: how much longer do you think that Aftermath will last?  (Read 1438 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Poll: how much longer do you think that Aftermath will last?
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2009, 06:24:11 PM »
so where's the "new" potential star, that will carry Detox? i don't see him/her.

Apparently Bishop has been replaced by Slim the mobster? lol. This guy has an even less chance of blowing up then Bish.
maybe Slim the mobster is one of the reasons Detox got put on hold, lol.

well interscope could sell it's aftermath stocks & only keep Eminem + Dr.Dre signed to interscope.
other labels could buy stocks of aftermath, but who knows whether anyone is interested; that's hard to figure out right now

It's not the Aftermath name that's the problem, its Dre (or Jimmy or whoever is making the decisions) for not putting out projects and not taking chances on new rappers.

Aftermath will continue to exist as long as Eminem and 50 keep making records. They are the two most popular and best-selling artists in hip hop right now. Even if they only put out an album every two years, they will still make more money for Interscope than any other hip hop labels. (another label might have 5 rappers drop in a year, but if they all go gold that's still less sales than one Em release).

What Dre should be doing right now is delegating production on 50 and Em projects to his sub producers, and spend all his focus on finding the next Em or 50 so that by the time they retire or want out of their contract he won't need them anymore.
true, 50 could still sell quite well for today's standards, but interscope wants more  :laugh:

Maybe they want him to sell more but they aren't going to give up a good thing when he still sells better than anyone else. If Aftermath isn't profitable then hip hop isn't profitable.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2009, 06:27:22 PM »
i think Aftermath will be around as long as Dre wants it to be around.

i also think that Bishop will eventually drop an album off of the Aftermath label.

Dre doesn't need to leave though; he can give beats to rappers & still collect bread with the forever popular Eminem.

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2009, 07:04:49 PM »
Bishop's involvement in Detox has changed, as he has no clue of what's going on.
so where's the "new" potential star, that will carry Detox? i don't see him/her.

Will there be a new star? Lets be honest Dres getting older, is he really gonna try and launch a new star then be there to at least support their career like he's done with Snoop and Em? I doubt it, im sure Dres more focused on just dropping the best album he can, and lets not forget its only rumoured to be around 12 tracks long so its not gonna be like 2001, and theres a gang of people who Dre will probs wanna get on his last album so will there even be any need for someone to play a Hittman role? Dres got ghostwriters in Slim, Bishop, Em, DOC and you can only fit so many features on 12 tracks

Big B

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2009, 07:07:03 PM »
^slim?

EnzoUK

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2009, 07:16:04 PM »
LOL @ the picture placing bets

but i voted 2011, the future their aint good.
Twitter: @EnzoUK

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2009, 12:29:11 AM »

Apparently Bishop has been replaced by Slim the mobster? lol. This guy has an even less chance of blowing up then Bish.
maybe Slim the mobster is one of the reasons Detox got put on hold, lol.

well interscope could sell it's aftermath stocks & only keep Eminem + Dr.Dre signed to interscope.
other labels could buy stocks of aftermath, but who knows whether anyone is interested; that's hard to figure out right now

It's not the Aftermath name that's the problem, its Dre (or Jimmy or whoever is making the decisions) for not putting out projects and not taking chances on new rappers.

Aftermath will continue to exist as long as Eminem and 50 keep making records. They are the two most popular and best-selling artists in hip hop right now. Even if they only put out an album every two years, they will still make more money for Interscope than any other hip hop labels. (another label might have 5 rappers drop in a year, but if they all go gold that's still less sales than one Em release).

What Dre should be doing right now is delegating production on 50 and Em projects to his sub producers, and spend all his focus on finding the next Em or 50 so that by the time they retire or want out of their contract he won't need them anymore.
true, 50 could still sell quite well for today's standards, but interscope wants more  :laugh:

Maybe they want him to sell more but they aren't going to give up a good thing when he still sells better than anyone else. If Aftermath isn't profitable then hip hop isn't profitable.

i know, i'm sure they can make some profit with 50's album.

Bishop's involvement in Detox has changed, as he has no clue of what's going on.

Will there be a new star? Lets be honest Dres getting older, is he really gonna try and launch a new star then be there to at least support their career like he's done with Snoop and Em? I doubt it, im sure Dres more focused on just dropping the best album he can, and lets not forget its only rumoured to be around 12 tracks long so its not gonna be like 2001, and theres a gang of people who Dre will probs wanna get on his last album so will there even be any need for someone to play a Hittman role? Dres got ghostwriters in Slim, Bishop, Em, DOC and you can only fit so many features on 12 tracks
well i just think that Dre feels that a new star is needed for Detox to carry the album.
i could be wrong.

and yes, Detox is still being anticipated, so $ is not the problem  ;)
so i don't think that a new star is needed either

i think Aftermath will be around as long as Dre wants it to be around.

i also think that Bishop will eventually drop an album off of the Aftermath label.

Dre doesn't need to leave though; he can give beats to rappers & still collect bread with the forever popular Eminem.
when?
i mean, if 50 cent can't even get his album out, why would interscope give bishop the green light?

Mietek23

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2009, 12:45:50 AM »
Detox
The Reformation

All I care about on Aftermath.

Dre needs new talent.

For what? He had all the fuckin' talent in the world and did NOTHING with it! All he did was releasing wack ass Eminem and 50 Cent albums...

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2009, 02:49:00 AM »
Detox
The Reformation

All I care about on Aftermath.

Dre needs new talent.

For what? He had all the fuckin' talent in the world and did NOTHING with it! All he did was releasing wack ass Eminem and 50 Cent albums...

Yeah, only "thing" Dre needs is self-confidence.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2009, 06:02:15 AM »
isnt bishop lamouth off aftermath?

rap radar confirmed it if im not mistaken.

why are people carrying on like hes still on aftermath?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2009, 06:37:39 AM »
isnt bishop lamouth off aftermath?

rap radar confirmed it if im not mistaken.

why are people carrying on like hes still on aftermath?
maybe because people are waiting for a proper source?

+ bishop says that he's still signed.
he could be wrong, but i give him the benefit of the doubt, until there's more info

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2009, 06:52:08 AM »
I thought he was holding off Detox until DOC got his voice back so he could be on Detox.  That's gonna be Dre's new talent right there.  He's gonna produce DOC's new album after his surgery.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2009, 06:53:33 AM »
I thought he was holding off Detox until DOC got his voice back so he could be on Detox.  That's gonna be Dre's new talent right there.  He's gonna produce DOC's new album after his surgery.
no, DOC was hoping to make Detox

Blasphemy

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2009, 07:00:59 AM »
Worse comes to worse, Aftermath goes dormant like Death Row Records.We still get all the albums released still, but nothing new (possibly remix albums).

But that won't happen. Interscope's Distribution deal with Aftermath has already paid off.The Marshall Mathers LP has already secured them record numbers. Dr. Dre's Detox is possibly a new TMMPLP incarnated (In terms of Sells & Acclaimed). Since Interscope already has deals with Shady/G-Unit records, they don't truely need Aftermath Entertainment, except for 1 reason. Dr. Dre.

Dr. Dre is making more money from Production Royals not only off passed albums, but from ones hes done in recent years.Thats not even including the upfront fee it cost just to purchase the beat.

They own the biggest West Coast Label since Death Row, Detroit's main starring label (shady), and a New york Label (G-Unit) they the entire game on lock. No way would they sell or close 1, cause as long as Dr. Dre, Eminem or even 50 is attached (either by name or by brand) they know people will buy.

Edit:Bishop Lamont wasn't dropped.They already confirmed it via a video blog.