Author Topic: Exclusive: RBX (on Dr Dre, Eminem and the Marshall Mathers LP)  (Read 2035 times)

Paul

Re: Exclusive: RBX (on Dr Dre, Eminem and the Marshall Mathers LP)
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2009, 09:51:20 AM »
Jonathan slap yourself for calling Eminem's album one of the greatest ever
agreed - thats like saying "brittany spears sold 19 million copies...shges the best singer ever"

It is, Full of classic singles, very good production and had a great impact on not only the hip hop genre but music, you might not like it and thats fine but you cant deny it

yes, "the real slim shady" is a classic single  ::)

REmember Be, amityville, i'm just marshall mathers...these songs still have amazing replay value

but PLEASE don't try to sell me on "the real slim shady" and "stan" are classics LOL LOL

if those are classics hten rap music died in 2001

WTF Stan?? yeah that is 1 of the better tracks on the album and in hip hop around that time, it was excellent writing, delivery, emotion, the production was eriee and the hook fitted perfectly,

The real slim shady was a cheesy firsty single, it wasnt a classic but it was cool

If its not Crooked I, 2pac or Juice its wack to u  ::)
funkyfreshintheflesh

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2009, 09:55:16 AM »
this is not true

i'm a huge fan of Big L, Nas, Kool G Rap, Rakim, Notorious BIG, Big Punisher, Ice Cube, Wu tang clan, REDMAN, DJ Quik, Esham, NWA, Live Squad etc.

i just think that marshall mathers LP was a 6 or 7 out of 10, regardless of how many white pre-teens in Iowa and North Dakota bought it to bump in their parents cars.

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Paul

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2009, 09:59:31 AM »
this is not true

i'm a huge fan of Big L, Nas, Kool G Rap, Rakim, Notorious BIG, Big Punisher, Ice Cube, Wu tang clan, REDMAN, DJ Quik, Esham, NWA, Live Squad etc.

i just think that marshall mathers LP was a 6 or 7 out of 10, regardless of how many white pre-teens in Iowa and North Dakota bought it to bump in their parents cars.

The fact that it was popular with young whites shouldnt lessen the quality of an album or track

You think its a 7 whereas the majority of people would have it a 9 maybe even 10 which why it should qualify to be in the running for a top 10 best album ever
funkyfreshintheflesh

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2009, 10:03:14 AM »
this is not true

The fact that it was popular with young whites shouldnt lessen the quality of an album or track

You think its a 7 whereas the majority of people would have it a 9 maybe even 10 which why it should qualify to be in the running for a top 10 best album ever

who are "most people"

please, find me a list of people who think this  (and as a qualifyer they must own atleast one CD by Kool G Rap in their collection to be taken seriously)
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2009, 10:03:58 AM »
don't bother, Paul.

you're not having a conversation with the poster Crack Wilson, but with the crack itself ;)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2009, 10:04:45 AM »
don't bother, Paul.

you're not having a conversation with the poster Crack Wilson, but with the crack itself ;)

hey it's my biggest fan

as Shaq says...how's my ass taste?

Paul

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2009, 10:09:07 AM »
this is not true

who are "most people"

please, find me a list of people who think this  (and as a qualifyer they must own atleast one CD by Kool G Rap in their collection to be taken seriously)

It an award winning album which sold millions of copies

And for the record i dont own any Kool G Rap albums, in fact i dont think theres a Kool G Rap song on my ipod, maybe you wont take my opinion seriously anymore ;D
funkyfreshintheflesh

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2009, 10:12:22 AM »
didn't brittany spears win alot of awards too??

i bet she's outsold eminem

so she must be better ;)

Paul

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2009, 10:13:44 AM »
didn't brittany spears win alot of awards too??

i bet she's outsold eminem

so she must be better ;)

You completely missed the point, end of discussion
funkyfreshintheflesh

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2009, 10:16:05 AM »
your point was that awards make a music artist better

so therefore we must celebrate anything that MTV and the GRammy's give awards to and ignore underground music because it clearly can't be as good

Paul

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2009, 01:00:58 PM »
your point was that awards make a music artist better

so therefore we must celebrate anything that MTV and the GRammy's give awards to and ignore underground music because it clearly can't be as good

haha no its not

I said Stan was a great track and it was recognized by winning awards, i never said anything like you just said. You asked who are most people who rate the MMLP. Seriously stop twisting my words. Your not the easiest to have a discussion with lol
funkyfreshintheflesh

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2009, 05:21:03 PM »
And for the record i dont own any Kool G Rap albums, in fact i dont think theres a Kool G Rap song on my ipod

Regardless of whether the Eminem album is good or not, you should fix the above situation, you're missing out on one of the most influential (along with Rakim, Big Daddy Kane and a couple of others) and most skillful MCs ever

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2009, 05:43:51 PM »
And for the record i dont own any Kool G Rap albums, in fact i dont think theres a Kool G Rap song on my ipod

Regardless of whether the Eminem album is good or not, you should fix the above situation, you're missing out on one of the most influential (along with Rakim, Big Daddy Kane and a couple of others) and most skillful MCs ever

8)  Kool G Rap will have ya'll niggas runnin for home-base like Babe Ruth

Paul

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2009, 07:10:04 AM »

I probably should but there are alot of artists out there and hip hop isnt the only music i listen to. i will eventually get round to listening or giving these old school guys a chance but to be honest it hasent ever appealled to me, not alot of 80s hip hop has.
funkyfreshintheflesh

Okka

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2009, 09:56:38 AM »
Lookin forward to that new interview.