Author Topic: the real numbers on what dj quik and kurupt really did  (Read 1562 times)

papa-smurf

Re: the real numbers on what dj quik and kurupt really did
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2009, 02:03:33 AM »
If they put out agood album then i a buy it.But im not buying albums unless its a good album.

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2009, 03:06:31 AM »
Don't blame downloading, I could easily point to others who are far outselling this album right now even with downloading. The album wasn't up to scratch, quite frankly, and that's why it hasn't been bought. I'm actually suprised that the reception towards it on here has been so gracious.

scarface2oh4

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2009, 06:45:56 AM »
Tell them to drop an album with more than 4 songs I can listen to without wanting to puncture my eardrums and then I'll buy it

MoneyMack

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Young Gotstra
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2009, 09:48:28 PM »
How do these numbers not surprise you? No hit single, little or no promotion. I would bet the vast majority, over 99.99% of people who buy CD's at all, even know who DJ Quik even is, let alone know this album was being released. All these guys that were huge in the 90's are nobodies to todays fans. Anyone under the age of 20 probably has even heard a Quik record. It's sad, but these legends aren't gonna sell shit to the youth today.

True, n that's jus fuckin horrible too. I'd even push the age down to 18 & below. Reason being....I'm 22 n grew up off our good shit in the 90's at a real young age.

Shits sad tho non-the-less
Sick Wid' It - Lench Mob - DPG - PYO - Mad Science FAN 4 LIFE!

Moe

« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2009, 06:48:28 AM »
How do these numbers not surprise you? No hit single, little or no promotion. I would bet the vast majority, over 99.99% of people who buy CD's at all, even know who DJ Quik even is, let alone know this album was being released. All these guys that were huge in the 90's are nobodies to todays fans. Anyone under the age of 20 probably has even heard a Quik record. It's sad, but these legends aren't gonna sell shit to the youth today.

True, n that's jus fuckin horrible too. I'd even push the age down to 18 & below. Reason being....I'm 22 n grew up off our good shit in the 90's at a real young age.

Shits sad tho non-the-less
mack, that just means you're the exception.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2009, 07:04:50 AM »
If the album wasnt TRASH, it would have sold more..

Big B

« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2009, 03:26:12 PM »
If the album wasnt TRASH, it would have sold more..
indeed.

Muhfukka

« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2009, 04:03:44 PM »
quik and kurupt dropped the ball 4th quarter down 7

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2009, 04:28:50 PM »
did they expect to sell though? ???

Moe

« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2009, 06:07:41 PM »
i hope not

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2009, 06:37:26 PM »
but damn quik spent alotta skrill on this album and the whole process of makin this album, so i doubt he was jus tryna put it out there "jus cuz" even tho thats sort of what happened

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2009, 09:44:54 PM »
but damn quik spent alotta skrill on this album and the whole process of makin this album, so i doubt he was jus tryna put it out there "jus cuz" even tho thats sort of what happened

i don't know, you talk to some rappers & they just say "fuck sales, if it sells it sells. this is for the fans; i just love making music".

i don't know if they expected to sell or not, but going into it they should of known they didn't have near enough hype to sell half decently.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2009, 09:57:53 PM »
but IMO thats the problem if the album was halfway decent (in a westcoast mindstate lol) then it would have sold more than what it sold
the way they let the singles go to begin wit ruined the albums marketin plan IMO
so it wasnt even the hype it was everything IMO
but damn yeah i doubt for real quik did this on some"lets jus do this jus cuz" considerin it looks like he put in more work and more funds

i don't know, you talk to some rappers & they just say "fuck sales, if it sells it sells. this is for the fans; i just love making music".

i don't know if they expected to sell or not, but going into it they should of known they didn't have near enough hype to sell half decently.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.