Author Topic: DJ Quik and Kurupt - Blaqkout: Tracklisting and Snippets  (Read 3405 times)

OG Snoopaveli

Re: DJ Quik and Kurupt - Blaqkout: Tracklisting and Snippets
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2009, 08:29:55 PM »
only 12 tracks....i thought there was supposed to be like 16....pfffftttt...

Never herd this before !
i remember quik said 12 or 14songs max

LosAngelesRaider

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2009, 10:04:45 PM »
This is a new Quik and Kurupt interview from Rime on you tube.

;D

love33

« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2009, 10:32:00 PM »
I can't understand some of these immature kids who complain about EVERYTHING.  Man, these guys have already been there, done that -- they are paid. They don't have to make no album and we haven't had anything worth talking about from a West Coast cat except a Detox album that might drop by 2015.  DJ Quik and Kurupt come out of nowhere and are getting ready to drop this heaven on us, and some of the immature kids on here are whinning and crying "I wanted the album done this way," "No I wanted the album done that way," "they should have used more nerd effects in their video."  Man, some of you all need to just crawl back under your rock you live in because none of you all complainers will ever be happy or satisfied no matter what our artists do.

I like the style of beats they used on this release and they gave it their own spin and the videos bring that classic pacific westcoast feel to it at the same time.

This is some classic music and I'm ready for June 9 to cop this thing and bump it.  I love that "Do You Know" video (that was a perfect track and video and I like Kurupt's 2009 style so far) -- that is a smooth West Coast classic and I would love to see it played on television.  We need to support this release real big.  None of us have been buyin albums lately so it's time for us to get up and push this joint up the charts.

We should all cop two copies each and push this thing up the charts.  With the current situation in the rap game, this might be an opportunity for the West to make some noise and shine some light on us again.  I am feeling most of the tracks that I've heard so far.

No matter what you all say, this is miles ahead of "Do That Stanky Leg" and some of the other garbage out there -- lets get this release the love it deserves and it bring it back to the West, West.  Big up to Kurupt and DJ Quik for giving us another classic.

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2009, 11:06:56 PM »
I can't understand some of these immature kids who complain about EVERYTHING.  Man, these guys have already been there, done that -- they are paid. They don't have to make no album and we haven't had anything worth talking about from a West Coast cat except a Detox album that might drop by 2015.  DJ Quik and Kurupt come out of nowhere and are getting ready to drop this heaven on us, and some of the immature kids on here are whinning and crying "I wanted the album done this way," "No I wanted the album done that way," "they should have used more nerd effects in their video."  Man, some of you all need to just crawl back under your rock you live in because none of you all complainers will ever be happy or satisfied no matter what our artists do.

I like the style of beats they used on this release and they gave it their own spin and the videos bring that classic pacific westcoast feel to it at the same time.

This is some classic music and I'm ready for June 9 to cop this thing and bump it.  I love that "Do You Know" video (that was a perfect track and video and I like Kurupt's 2009 style so far) -- that is a smooth West Coast classic and I would love to see it played on television.  We need to support this release real big.  None of us have been buyin albums lately so it's time for us to get up and push this joint up the charts.

We should all cop two copies each and push this thing up the charts.  With the current situation in the rap game, this might be an opportunity for the West to make some noise and shine some light on us again.  I am feeling most of the tracks that I've heard so far.

No matter what you all say, this is miles ahead of "Do That Stanky Leg" and some of the other garbage out there -- lets get this release the love it deserves and it bring it back to the West, West.  Big up to Kurupt and DJ Quik for giving us another classic.

ur right homie !! thats some real talk !!

+1 for this fuckin post  8)

i totally agree

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2009, 11:29:41 PM »
I'm feeling some of the tracks...definitely getting it..
I don't understand why ppl hating this album....it's not the best album..but shit...it's definitely LOT better than ANY CURRENT ALBUMS being released.
Fuck it, i'm copping it.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

westside159

« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2009, 11:41:30 PM »
i heard it , its a terrible album , no wonder its not getting any promotion . Quik and kurupt best days are long gone .

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2009, 01:08:14 AM »
Daaamn that intro sounds siiiiick

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2009, 05:26:10 AM »
quik and kurupt should both retire.....this is fuckin wack

Will_B

« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2009, 08:24:57 AM »
Great clip there.

hrsmn_london

« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2009, 09:41:27 AM »
Sounds really good!

Mind of Mars is cool.. Classic Quik.

Davis25

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2009, 09:44:42 AM »
Letme put it this way, after listening to the snippets and being hyped for this album for months now, I am possibly even more excited for the 9th.  Everthing I heard except for maybe 1 or 2 tracks sounded hot!  Anyone who thinks the sound is wack, obviously never has liked or listened to much Quikin the past.  Its very true to what he has always done with his music, alot of horns and synth, piano and smooth beats.  No it doenst scream weezy or jeezy, and thank god it doesnt!  If it did I would then be screaming for Quik to retire too!

D Breezy

« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2009, 10:35:01 AM »
once again yall cryin like bitches, #1 #2 #6 #7 #11 are classic quik #3 #5 and #9 are dope, the rest arent that great, but how many albums being put out noawadays where 8 outta 12 songs are that good?? this is why i dont like this forum no more, 2 many lil girls on here bitchin gettin they panties in a bunch ALL THE TIME! half of u leechin ass broke ass kids just gonna download it, u aint gonna buy shit but wanna talk shit anyway
Southern Cali Producer D Breezy

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqxEePe3NSCrYlYZrXzm0Pg
IG - @d_breezysounds
iTunes - https://music.apple.com/us/album/what-it-means/1591041892
Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/album/7cmg61kWV0NUZ3IqcuczoC

What It Means out now!! feat. Tash, Kokane, T.Kidd, Propain, Joel Q, Bo Roc, LBC Crew, and more

Matty

« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2009, 12:19:05 PM »
not listening to the snippets, waiting for this to arrive in the post. however, i agree with anyone who's hasn't been appreciating kurupt on here too much. i was willing to give him some slack cause he been sounding good on some recent records. having heard a few tracks from this where quik > kurupt easily (quik has been sounding real good over his own beats as of recent) there's no other conclusion except for kurupt fell off a long time ago and it still far from recapturing his form :-\

nuk23

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2009, 04:48:16 PM »
Too much complaining on here..  If u don't like it, don't buy it.  Simple.  If u like theyre old shit.. go listen to it.  I for one, can't wait for this to drop. 
I know its not an instant classic, and its not gonna save the west.. But it is some dope music u can bang for the summer.  8)

I'm gonna be buying this and the new Mos Def album "the estatic" next tuesday.. If u guys haven't heard it yet.. Check out the snippets on amazon.  Sounds real dope to me.

Oh yeah, I just heard "Bees to the Flower" on power106 awhile ago.. Sounds pretty dope! It does kinda sound kinda like "can u werk wit dat" but waay more fonky!  I don't see it on the tracklist, but someone said it'll be a bonus track.. It sounds better that 2 or 3 tracks on the album tho   :(
I'm guessing they made it after the final tracklist, during the time when the album was pushed back while they were waiting for the samples to clear.  Or else this shoulda made the tracklist.. Its alot better than Whatcha Wanna Do.  And I'm mad that they put that on there twice.. But oh well.  Can't complain.. Cuz u get the good w/ the bad on here..  And maybe I'm in the minority here, but I think "Jupiters Critic in the Mind of Mars" sounds crazy! I like it.. But I guess that music for u.. Different strokes for different folks!

I'm well balanced, with immense talents...  Burn the script, then flip it to keep myself challenged.

TRU 504 BoY

• 'G'
  • Fuck You!
« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2009, 04:56:39 PM »
album is wayyy too short. 13 tracks 11 songs 1 skit 1 alternate song (???) and 2 god awful songs (jupiter and exodus). a handful of songs are worth listening to, the others are cool. Album should have just been an EP. for a short cd its really not worth $13. especially for 9 cool cuts. Im gonna have to pass on this. Very disappointing to say the least. I'll cop it when I see it on the clearance section at Amoeba in Hollywood.