Poll

Who will be the NBA Champions?

Lakers
27 (62.8%)
Magic
16 (37.2%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: June 09, 2009, 08:06:28 PM

Author Topic: 2009 NBA Finals!!!!!! - Los Angeles Lakers vs. Orlando Magic  (Read 7958 times)

OchoCinco

Re: 2009 NBA Finals!!!!!! - Los Angeles Lakers vs. Orlando Magic
« Reply #210 on: June 11, 2009, 10:16:52 PM »
LMAO @ Petrus's pussy ass shove
LMAO @ Gasol acting like he was going to do anything about it.
lol,he couldnt just let that shit slide though. def was a bitch move and gasol would ave been more of a bitch if he let it ride.
ya ppl call him soft then he actually does the right thing and stands up for himself n he gets called soft lol. I like peirtus but that was a definate fustration move on his part.
I have no problem with how it went down. Gasol was going for that easy dunk when he could have run the clock out, Pietrus did the right thing by fouling him. That's pretty much what you are taught, you don't let a team showboat on you. Gasol had his right to be mad, and the refs handled it how they should have. I don't take Gasol as a fighter though, with all the whining he does during games. Most bball players aren't fighters though really.

lol u dont know wat ur talking about there was more then enough time for them to foul and send him to the line but they played that horribly. They would have fouled Pau either way so why  would u risk missing free throws when u can get an easy dunk??tell me that.
Be real, the game was over, Orlando had lost their chances in the game. They definitely played it horribly and it was a frustration foul, but that is playoff basketball. As a coach, you want to see that your players care and you don't want them to let the opponents rub it in at the end. Wit that lead and time situation, you can dribble out and waste more time, or you dunk and expect to get fouled hard.

i know, i said that was a fustration foul in my first post but the thing i was saying why would u risk it if ur pau. They were going to foul u either way, so in no way is that show boating. We had seen many missed free throws down the stretch in the last 2 games so if ur him why would u put ur self into a pressure situation.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 10:23:00 PM by Ocho »

Rick McCrank

« Reply #211 on: June 11, 2009, 10:20:40 PM »
every Laker hater (and most fans) has been talkin crazy shit about Fisher this playoffs!

just daggered 'em  8)

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #212 on: June 11, 2009, 10:24:32 PM »
Pau could have dribbled out to waste more time, I'm not saying he did the wrong thing, just that the situation went down the way you would expect in a high-intensity playoff game.

Fisher killed it with those shots, I think it's mostly fans that have been trashing him this postseason (and some of it was for good reason), but those were some clutch shots.
I got a bird's eye view

OchoCinco

« Reply #213 on: June 11, 2009, 10:30:44 PM »
Ya ppl will always bitch n complain about fouls n refs but when it comes down to it, its all about making shots.

OchoCinco

« Reply #214 on: June 11, 2009, 10:33:16 PM »
i mean howard makes 2 free throws we are talking about all different shit. Thats what i like about basketball, the game can change over the littlest things.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #215 on: June 11, 2009, 10:37:07 PM »
officiating is horrendous.....
Many bad calls both ways. :grumpy:
This..and it was probably the best officiated game of the series. I thought it was pretty even for the most part, and Orlando made too many mistakes to let that be an excuse. Kobe's elbow to Nelson will probably talked about and it was a foul, but Orlando made the mistake of letting it get to that point. Odom also hooked Howard and pushed off to get a rebound on Lewis' miss late in the 4th with a 5-point lead, but they tend to put whistles away, and Howard probably would have missed the FT's anyway. :laugh:

Talking about Howard's FT.. how ridiculous was that foul called on Fisher for pushing him (while Howard was kicking Gasol)?

Damn what a lame officiating. Both ways.
That foul was soft, but he pushed Gasol after Fisher pushed him so that's why it was on Fish. That call helped the Lakers though, Howard got the board and had an easy dunk lined up.

Still a bad call, man. I wasn't saying it helped the Lakers or shit like that. They called a foul on Odom (the 5th one i think) and a pair of fouls on Bynum (4th and 5th) who were disgusting too.

Really, the NBA needs to do something against those lame officiatings.
I agree, that was a bad call. Odom and Bynum committed a lot of dumb fouls, most of them were fouls though. Odom complained when he bit on that pump fake and they called it, but Kobe has gotten those calls all series. NBA officiating is easily the worst out of all the sports, the stench of the Donaghy era still presides over it, and it makes it my least favorite sport to watch at times, even though I love to play and watch bball.

The incredible thing is that refs from let's say the Spanish league, or the Italian league, or the Turkish league are 10x better than the NBA ones.
JUST USE INTERNATIONAL REFS, DAMN STERN! YOURS ARE EMBARASSING.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 10:40:23 PM by Antonio »

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #216 on: June 11, 2009, 10:40:39 PM »
I haven't watched too much international ball, but I think you've said this before a few times. The touch fouls and inconsistency are really bad and I don't know how much better it is in European leagues, but the footwork stuff is really bad. Travels, carries, and guys touching the ball when they are out of bounds. I have seen at least 5 plays in this series where a guy's foot is out of bounds while saving it and it hasn't been ruled out.

Ya ppl will always bitch n complain about fouls n refs but when it comes down to it, its all about making shots.
Sometimes they have valid points, but usually the team complaining missed shots that could have sealed it. Orlando and their fans can't complain about the refs today, they buckled down the stretch after playing a great 4th quarter.
I got a bird's eye view

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #217 on: June 11, 2009, 10:50:04 PM »
I haven't watched too much international ball, but I think you've said this before a few times.

Yeah, my father is a former international ref and FIBA commissioner. It's like that, trust me.

The touch fouls and inconsistency are really bad and I don't know how much better it is in European leagues, but the footwork stuff is really bad. Travels, carries, and guys touching the ball when they are out of bounds. I have seen at least 5 plays in this series where a guy's foot is out of bounds while saving it and it hasn't been ruled out.

They call everything here. Every damn travel. Trust me when i say tonight they made at least 30 non-called travels during the game. At least. That's why i'm mad about NBA refs. They should call them every fucking time, so players can learn how to play correctly, and you ref can do the same type of calls in every game, from the 1st second to the last. I see it with the NBA players who came here to play basketball, in Italy. The first 3-4 games they make 10 travels per game. Then they learn how to dribble and how to go to the basket correctly, and they reduce them to 2-3. After a pair of years they don't travels anymore. REFS SHOULD TEACH NBA PLAYERS. AND NBA PLAYERS SHOULD LEARN. It's not that hard. Have you seen that play in Game-3 where Pietrus did that incredible travel? Damn, the most embarassing one i've ever seen. And they didn't call it. Not even in the 4th leage in italy the refs are so bad! No joke.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/3Sjf2xCUmm0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/3Sjf2xCUmm0</a>

THEY HAVE NO FUCKING EXCUSES. THIS SHIT DOESN'T EVEN HAPPEN IN THE SWISS LEAGUE!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 10:53:16 PM by Antonio »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #218 on: June 12, 2009, 12:47:39 AM »
I dunno how anyone can claim we didnt beat the Magic AND the refs tonight... :-X. The disparity at the free throw line in the 4th was disgusting. what was it, like 19-0 in favor of Orlando? there was a good 10 minute stretch when they were only calling shit on Orlando's end. the two or three calls we got definitely didn't make up for all the consistent horrible calls against us throughout the game. I dunno if it's because Vegas favored Orlando by 2 and a half points, or what, but some of the calls out there were so horrendous that Phill had to call the officiating "bogus" when he was interviewed mid-game. you know a fine is comin up for that one...LOL

either way, we won and were 1 game away from the shiney stuff. Fisher comin' through like I thought he would. 8)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #219 on: June 12, 2009, 12:53:17 AM »
On a side note, isn't inserting a PG who was injured for months just into the Finals and giving him big minutes while taking the confidence of the PG who played without a question mark since the All-Star break the dumbest idea ever by a NBA Finals coach?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #220 on: June 12, 2009, 12:56:30 AM »
On a side note, isn't inserting a PG who was injured for months just into the Finals and giving him big minutes while taking the confidence of the PG who played without a question mark since the All-Star break the dumbest idea ever by a NBA Finals coach?

LOL...i feel bad for Alston, but Nelson is too good to not play.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #221 on: June 12, 2009, 12:59:17 AM »

Either you play him before the Finals and get some sort of rhythm into the team, or you don't play him at all... inserting a PG after all these months of absence when the other PG has never even played an NBA game with him is shaking the whole team up and taking all the rhythm out of the team... and rhythm is the most important thing for a team that lives and dies with streaky ranged shooting. SVG lost.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

lbc213

« Reply #222 on: June 12, 2009, 03:44:37 AM »
officiating is horrendous.....
Many bad calls both ways. :grumpy:
This..and it was probably the best officiated game of the series. I thought it was pretty even for the most part, and Orlando made too many mistakes to let that be an excuse. Kobe's elbow to Nelson will probably talked about and it was a foul, but Orlando made the mistake of letting it get to that point. Odom also hooked Howard and pushed off to get a rebound on Lewis' miss late in the 4th with a 5-point lead, but they tend to put whistles away, and Howard probably would have missed the FT's anyway. :laugh:

Also, why the hell did Gortat only play 4 minutes?? I don't understand Stan Van Gundy's logic.
true,at least it was consistently shitty lol.

i was wondering about gortats absence as well,especially with L.A.'s frontline foul problems. also i would have stayed with alston if i was van gundy.

Indeed, fuck Nelson..Rafer was having a great game...I just don't get it.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #223 on: June 12, 2009, 04:22:24 AM »

Yeah, expecially since A.Johnson was playing very well.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #224 on: June 12, 2009, 04:23:07 AM »

Yeah, but he lost a key ball in OT, and he did that mistake to Fisher. Two dumb plays.