Author Topic: 2PAC - R U STILL DOWN?  (Read 190 times)

AntoCorsa

2PAC - R U STILL DOWN?
« on: October 19, 2002, 06:20:57 PM »
This topic is directed to all the real Pac's fans (and not the beat-fans who only care about producers and beats)..

I think "R U STILL DOWN" is probably the 2nd best album of Pac (1st is Makaveli, imo). Pac is AWESOME here. Tracks like Nothing to Lose, Thug Style, Hellrazor, Let Them Thangs Go (tight as fuck), When I Get Free, Fake Ass Bitches... are just EXCELLENT! Production is tight (so far the only fucked up song is "R U Still Down", who is hella better in its OG form), and overally it's really a GREAT album, imo. That's the REAL Pac. Pac BEFORE he joined DEATH ROW. The real one!

What you all think about this album? And fuck beats and production. I dont want to read about this shit. That's not what i'm talking about. Who feel me?

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re:2PAC - R U STILL DOWN?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2002, 06:24:42 PM »
Hellrazor iz one of the greatest track I heard from Him

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2002, 06:43:32 PM »
I wouldnt say its his second best album [Makaveli, AEOM, and MATW are all better albums], but its definatly very underrated. Id give it 4/5 overall.......This album sounds like it was made during the Thug Life album sessions. Its a younger, more inexperienced Pac, but he is a bit rawer on this album. Most definatly has a number of classic 2Pac songs, such as Hellrazor, Open Fire, 16 On Death Row, When I Get Free, Thug Style, Only Fear Of Death, and others. It does have some mediocre songs too though.........Id say Me Against The World, All Eyez On Me, and 7 Day Theory are better, but this album is a strong 4th place [tied with the also underrated 2Pacalypse Now] in his collection, and his is best post humous album [Makaveli not included].
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Mr.Pac-Man

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2002, 12:05:23 AM »
R U Still Down is a dope album but to me........
number one album has to be All Eyez On Me.......that album set records for 2pac and dropping it as a double cd it made history!!!!

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2002, 02:26:38 AM »
I got every 2Pac album but this one isn't very good.  AEOM puts this to shame.  It's very watered down and I can see why most of these were leftover tracks.

Cry Me A River

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Like I Love You"
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2002, 02:27:46 AM »
YOU FUCKING WANKER, LIKE BIG HELLRAZER SAID

Makaveli, AEOM, and MATW AND THUG LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are all better albums

U IDIOT, YEAH ITS A CD WITH SOME GOOD TRACKS ON BUT....................

WHAT FUCKING PLANET U FROM LOL
SAMPLE OF "GIVE IN TO ME" ORIGINAL. This shit is amazing:....
http://www.hiphop.imaginsinc.com/giveintome.wma

http://www.oneon1inc.com/ <<<<< <<<<<< <<<<<<

AntoCorsa

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2002, 04:17:27 AM »
LMAO. You a joke. First of all, and i like to quote it, like some1 said, opinions are like assholes (everybody got one). You got your, i got mine. Music is not something scientific. You can LOVE Xzibit's last album and it can make me vomit. It's all personal, moron! So to diss some1 just cause you like other albums more than this one just made you look like a complete idiot. For example i dont think AEOM is Pac's best album. I dont think it has the best lyrics of Pac, basically i dont think it's the best expression of who Pac was. Basically it's a great party cd, with great beats. And you can't do nothing about it, fool! SECOND, i was talking about albums released AFTER his death, idiot.

They released Makaveli (1st), R U Still Down, Still I Rise, Greatest Hits, UTEOT and The Rose.

IMO this one is the 2nd best after Makaveli. I didnt write it so explicit (my bad), but damn.. you still an idiot cause you cant diss some1 over opinions! I made this topic to share our feelings about this album, not to start internet-disses like a fool! You e-blasted me? LOL. Relax.

Some of you really got no life!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2002, 04:28:11 AM by AntoCorsa »

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2002, 07:22:09 AM »
I really like rusd its one of my fav pac albums.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Rapfan4life

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm repressentin all tha gangstas accros the world
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2002, 08:34:53 AM »
I think it's a great album
All tha pac album are great

I'm Still Down 4 Him
For tha hottest albumz you have to be at #bay2la

D.N.A. Drug N Alcohol

I'm Tha Biggest Playa, Shit!, Look how many pussy's I get

Roll That Shit, Light That Shit, Smoke That Shit

Throw Ya Hood Up

I'm Straight Outta Utreg

you know some x-rated clips than msg me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2002, 09:17:07 AM »
My fav. album after the release of Makaveli has always been "Still I Rise", I consider it a personal classic. Real subject matters ('Pac at his most politically conscious imo), the Lawz came great, the production was great, complimented the whole concept of the album, and you couldn't even tell that some of the original formats had been touched up like the material they've been releasing recently. But yeah, "R U Still Down" is a good album, but not the best since Makaveli imo.  

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2002, 12:44:28 PM »
Yo, can everyone get off the AEOM is the best Pac album trip, it's really starting to annoy me now. AEOM is a party album straight up, on the Tupac and Biggie documentary there is even a little bit of footage from the studio where Pac says that he knows that AEOM isn't really all that. There were only a few deep tracks dotted around that album, and for me anyway it never came anywhere near Me Against The World or Makaveli and far as Pac albums go. For me, RUSD is probably tied with Still I Rise for best album released since his death, cause like Anto said, this is the real Pac before he joined Death Row and that album reminds me of the style of music going on in the Thug Life album which is probably Pac's rawest album.

verbalassaulta

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2002, 01:47:55 PM »
aeom is considered by most and rightfully so as pacs best album...superior production for me is why its better(about the same lyrically)...as for rusd...its dope though like most i agree its probably his 4th or 5th best

budsmokeronly

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2002, 02:45:29 PM »
yo this album is bangin.  I definately like Makaveli and aeom better.  I really haven't listened to this one as much as other of his albums.  I luv the song R U Still Down.  Many excellent songs on this album.  Anybody got the og of R U Still Down in good quality?

tracc

• 'G'
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2002, 03:49:55 PM »
In my opinion it is not a really dope album, pac knew why he didn't realease that songs.
Hellrazor is dope, but the beat is not og.the most tracks r nothin special
To all you bitch made niggas, I'm comin for you
Against all odds, I don't care who the fuck you is, nigga
You touch me I'm at you
I know you motherfuckers think that I forgot
Hell no I ain't forgot nigga
I just remember what you told me
You said don't go to war unless I got my money behind me
Aight, I got my money right here, now I want war

AntoCorsa

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2002, 03:56:34 PM »
In my opinion it is not a really dope album, pac knew why he didn't realease that songs.
Hellrazor is dope, but the beat is not og.the most tracks r nothin special
Typical reply of a DPG fan. The "beat", lol.