Author Topic: Killer Mike "I Pledge Allegiance To The Grind II" Appreciation/Discussion Thread  (Read 72 times)

Lunatic

One of the best albums released last year. Very different from part one, which was practically a Grind Time Rap Gang compilation. This was more like a Killer Mike solo album.

1. Intro - Real motha fuckin talkin from Killer Mike.
2. 10 Gs Ft. The Notorious B.I.G. - dope sample. Mike killing these verses on here. - 5/5

3. Can You Hear Me - Dope beat and Rochelle Fox sings ok over it. Mike flows his ass off on this. T-Pain sample? Sounds like him haha. It's used effectively though. - 4.75/5
4. 2 Sides Ft. Shawty Lo - HATE Lo, but this a good sample. Still think Mike was dissing someone on this? hmm...dope verses, flowed so well. Absolute banger. - 5/5

5. Pressure Ft. Ice Cube - I swear these guys would make such a good ass duo. there 2/2 with classic tracks thus far. Best song on the album. Real shit spoken on here. - 5/5
6. Big Money, Big Cars Ft. Chamillionaire & Messy Marv - Beat is ok. Mike murders his verse though. Not really a fan of Messy Marv. Chamillionaire comes alright. - 4.25/5

7. God in the Building - Real powerful track. Love the soulful hook. "If Jesus came back, where do you think he would be? Probably in the streets with me." - 5/5
8. Super Clean, Super Hard Ft. 8Ball & MJG - Mike told me Ball/G are going to be on every album from this day forward, and as a fan, I wouldn't mind! haha - 4.5/5

9. Woke Up This Mornin' - Some smooth shit. Different subject matter, but Mike doesn't sound out of place doing it. - 3.75/5
10. Bang! - Don't like the beat. Back to a more aggressive tone. Mike sounds cool on this. A different flow for him here. Don't really like the female on the hook though. - 3.25/5

11. Grandma's House - This beat is a fuckin banger, and the hook is dope. Mike at his best when he does this subject matter. - 5/5
12. If I Can't Eat Right Ft. Gangsta Pill & Rochelle Fox - Mike wasn't lying, Pill kills this shit.Damn, even Rochelle kills this. - 4.75/5

13. I Got'Cha - Feelin the beat and hook, plus the lil i gotcha sample. Mike kills these verses 2, spittin real shit like only he can do so damn well. - 4.75/5
14. I'm the Shit - This beat is raw. Mike is the shit indeed. - 4.5/5

15. Can You Buy That Ft. Rock D - Good to see Rock D on here. Loved his verse on "Kryptonite." He MURDERS this with that flow 2. Not really feeling the hook though. - 4.5/5
16. You See It Ft. S.L. Jones - SL Jones is real talented; I'll do one of these threads for his slept on debut album. Good beat and hook as well. - 4.5/5

17. Good Bye (City of Dope) - Perfect outro. Love the title for some reason. Love this hook. Can't wait for the next Killer Mike album! - 4.75/5

I hope Atlantic doesn't fuck him over like they did Saigon, and currently doing Maino, B.G. and B.o.B...

Good thing Mike still has his underground record deal with SRC and will continue putting out underground projects; "Underground Atlanta" compilation is first, and should be fire!
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Regime*Rida

• Muthafuckin' OG
This is a great album, easy in the top 5 releases last year for me. Great beats, great lyrics can't go wrong. 5 mics  8)

Peace
She started letting me and my boys hit together
Me and Pac hit the slot now it's out in the open
Didn't take long, to make her get it on, came on strong
And Thugs Get Lonely Too was our slogan - "TECH N9NE"

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
This is a great album, easy in the top 5 releases last year for me. Great beats, great lyrics can't go wrong. 5 mics  8)

Peace

Yeap same for me great release Killer Mike did his thing on this... 4.8 out of 5... im not even sure that it doesnt deserve a 5 out of 5 but theres room to change it later  8)