Author Topic: Ninja Video Podcast With Crooked I (45 Minute Interview)  (Read 358 times)

EFFeX

Ninja Video Podcast With Crooked I (45 Minute Interview)
« on: May 31, 2009, 07:23:40 PM »

Recently the website Ninja Video was able to hook up with Crooked I for an in-depth audio interview presented through Podcast. The interview is mostly geared towards new fans and is structured as a general conversation instead of a detailed question and answer session. A great variety of subjects were covered during the interview ranging from Hip Hop Weekly, Slaughterhouse, B.O.S.S. and the Group Therapy project. Specific details that were revealed include the recording session for the Slaughterhouse album. Crooked I explains that the group was able to complete the project in seven days, which is practically ground breaking. Additionally, Crooked I confirms that the album is indeed self-titled and will be released on Entertainment One (E1). Although many press-release's have stated that the album is slated for a July release, Crooked I would not be surprised if the album drops in August. However, we must stress that this is not confirmation of a "push back". Crooked I goes on to mention that Slaughterhouse will be launching a promotional tour starting June 5th in New York that includes radio appearances, live shows and the filming of a music video. Fans should keep their eyes peeled for updates regarding this "tour" as details begin to emerge. As far as Crooked I's solo career goes, he reveals that he is working on a 6-track EP titled "Mr. Pig Face Weapon Waste" which is slotted for a July release. Crooked I explains that the name is based on the fact that he wears a pig mask during the Slaughterhouse performances and has adapted the nickname "Weapon Waste". Following the EP release, Crooked I plans to drop the "Group Therapy" project which is a joint venture between himself and Sway & King Tech from The Wake Up Show. Even though this line-up of releases is already a bombardment of new music, Crooked I is also gearing up to release his highly anticipated B.O.S.S. album in the first quarter of 2010. In total the interview runs 45 minutes and the information listed above is only a fraction of the topics that were discussed. Make certain that you visit Ninja Video to listen to the whole Podcast, because Crooked I has a lot to say and there is no way we can include every detail in this update. As always keep it locked to The B.O.S.S. Board for additional updates and look forward to the follow up interview with Ninja Video coming soon.

Reference: http://www.ninjavideo.net/

YoungCrookedI

Re: Ninja Video Podcast With Crooked I (45 Minute Interview)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 01:09:02 AM »
I hope we will see "Im Still A Mc OG" on the Mr. Pig Face Weapon Waste.

EFFeX

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 08:50:07 AM »
I hope we will see "Im Still A Mc OG" on the Mr. Pig Face Weapon Waste.

I just hope they aren't "throw away" songs.

BTW: I don't know how I feel about this title... Maybe shortened to "Weapon Waste", but eh, LOL. I guess it will have to grow on me.

JohnnyL

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 10:06:25 AM »
Thanks for the info.  I'm checking out the interview now, but yeah, that's a pretty strangle album title for the E.P.

frisch213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 10:35:59 AM »
What so BOSS ain't getting released as a free download no more? ICrooked don't know if he's coming or going sometimes..

JohnnyL

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 11:04:25 AM »
 Am I the only one who found the interviewer annoying? She seemed a little full of herself to me. At the very beginning she threw out the fan questions because she said she "didn't give a shit" about them.  Then she kept interrupting Crooked I and prattling on with her own opinions.  I finally gave up about 17 minutes in, I think. 

soopadoopaflykid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Iguess
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 11:28:59 AM »
she was def makin the interview a bit more about her...I really hate when people interview like that

EFFeX

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 12:06:40 PM »
she was def makin the interview a bit more about her...I really hate when people interview like that

She kept cutting him off, it was a little rude and you could tell that Crooked was getting a little thrown off by that.

Some of it was good discussion, but she didn't cover enough details.

JohnnyL

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 10:21:13 AM »
 Okay, I went back and tried again.  Here's what information I gleaned from this interview.  (For those who didn't download it
or couldn't make themselves sit through 45 minutes of babbling.)

-Slaughterhouse still dropping this Summer, though Crooked I thinks it realistically won't be until August.

-"Mr.Pig Face, Weapon Waste"-named that basically because he wears a pig mask on stage when performing with Slaughterhouse. This will probably drop in July.

-Mentions the "Group Therapy" project and how it's going to be a fusion of different styles of music.

-In her one shining moment during this interview, the interviewer did ask him about "B.O.S.S.", but he answered with the news
 of dropping the above mentioned E.P.  He made no mention of the "B.O.S.S." album.

-Mentioned his official solo would probably drop in the first quarter of 2010

Final Thoughts

-I appreciate Crooked I's effort to line up several projects in a row for fans who have been waiting for him to drop something official.  It will be really cool if it works.  And
not so cool if it doesn't.

-This interview chick is something else, man.  On one hand, I kind of do agree with her sentiment of not asking questions
that pry too deeply into someone's personal life.  I think when it comes to shit like that, people share what they want.
They are there to interview the artist about their art and not all the skeletons in their closet.  But at the same time, come on.
Don't just play off the interview like you're just having a conversation with the person.  This thing was only 45 minutes
long because the the real questions were only mixed in intermittently amongst a lot of random bullshitting.
 Also, I did think it was funny that the chick admitted to being high about halfway through the interview, because before
she even said anything about it, I could swear I heard her taking hits off a joint, every few minutes.

-All in all, it was still nice to get an update on everything that's going on.

**Effex had already summed this up pretty well I guess.  I would just re-emphasize that out of a 45 minute run-time, that really was it, on the news front.**

« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 10:25:21 AM by JohnnyL »

EFFeX

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 10:31:02 AM »
We're working on getting a good interview with The B.O.S.S. Board, but realistically I'm not sure when it's going to happen since Crook's getting tied up now. We want to get a video interview, but might have to settle for phone.

JohnnyL

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2009, 10:42:24 AM »
We're working on getting a good interview with The B.O.S.S. Board, but realistically I'm not sure when it's going to happen since Crook's getting tied up now. We want to get a video interview, but might have to settle for phone.

That's good news.  Realistically, I think the guys at The BOSS Board could do a much better interview, even if it was conducted over the phone.
  On a side note, this is just speculation on my part, but I have a feeling he's postponed the free "B.O.S.S.' download because he probably doesn't want it to come out so close to when he drops that "Mr. Pig Face, Weapon Waste" e.p.  The thinking is probably that dropping a free album so close to when you're dropping an e.p. you're trying to sell, you're basically competing with yourself in a sense.  That's just my take on it.  I think when it comes to Crooked I's fans though, they would probably still buy the e.p., anyway. 

EFFeX

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2009, 10:48:07 AM »
Yeah, LOL, the Crooked fans will definitely cop anything he drops.

1nce was blind

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2009, 03:55:13 PM »
U could definitely tell the interviewer was high haha. I believe the EP will be called "Mr. Pig-Face Weapon Waist" not waste. I could be wrong though but waist would make more sense. When I was watching the video of Royce playing Joey's verse on "We outta here" he was calling Crooked weapon waist so I bet that that line will be on "We outta here" which sounds dope. I wasn't entirely feeling the autotune on the track but it works better for Royce than it does for others. The album will be tight. I wonder what type of track they made with the Alchemist "Microphone" beat. I hope these dudes get Primo on the album. There is a lot of great production potential for SlaughterHouse through all of their connections. The Focus track with K. Young on the hook that they played in their deal confirmation video sounds ill. I haven't been posting much at all as of late but I've been keeping up with info on BossBoard & the D.O.C.
Yo Effex I hope you get to interview Dominic. If you arrange something let us know so maybe we can assist with some questions for u 2 ask. I would like for Crook 2 speak on the Horseshoe Gang. We almost halfway through '09 & haven't heard much of anything(as far as releases are concerned) since "Crooked Go Hard". I'll definitely be coppin' Crook's EP when it drizops.

EFFeX

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2009, 04:54:41 PM »
U could definitely tell the interviewer was high haha. I believe the EP will be called "Mr. Pig-Face Weapon Waist" not waste. I could be wrong though but waist would make more sense. When I was watching the video of Royce playing Joey's verse on "We outta here" he was calling Crooked weapon waist so I bet that that line will be on "We outta here" which sounds dope. I wasn't entirely feeling the autotune on the track but it works better for Royce than it does for others. The album will be tight. I wonder what type of track they made with the Alchemist "Microphone" beat. I hope these dudes get Primo on the album. There is a lot of great production potential for SlaughterHouse through all of their connections. The Focus track with K. Young on the hook that they played in their deal confirmation video sounds ill. I haven't been posting much at all as of late but I've been keeping up with info on BossBoard & the D.O.C.
Yo Effex I hope you get to interview Dominic. If you arrange something let us know so maybe we can assist with some questions for u 2 ask. I would like for Crook 2 speak on the Horseshoe Gang. We almost halfway through '09 & haven't heard much of anything(as far as releases are concerned) since "Crooked Go Hard". I'll definitely be coppin' Crook's EP when it drizops.

You could be right about the "waist" line, to be honest I haven't put that much thought into it.

For sure, the interview will go down eventually, but I don't know when. Crooked gonna be in NY this week and then I have no idea, Rock The Bells coming up. We'll make it happen, I'll keep people updated when it gets closer.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 05:19:51 PM »
Yeah, LOL, the Crooked fans will definitely cop anything he drops.
id get 2 copies
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens