Author Topic: West Coast Rappers Stuck on labels (still waiting on albums to drop)  (Read 369 times)

morgy187

• Lil Geezy
The reason the west coast isn't gettign radio play or big headlines is because it's biggest artists are sitting on labels and can't release an album. Many of the artists below even if they leave will take another year to get there album ready

Bishop Lamont - proven his skills with the confessional & Caltroit. But if he doesn't drop lat 09/10 he might never drop - because as aftermath  proved with Stat & busta they won't let you keep the songs.

Glasses Malone - HAs been on cash money for years and has had two banging sinlges

Crooked I - probably the best rapper alive. I ve been waiting 5 years to hear a crooked  album

Lil Eazy E - I like lil E but i haven't got a clue what's been going on with him.

Jay Rock - Could be a west coast legend in hte making. With the release of another mixtape (which is superb) i guess it puts his album back.

Mistah FAB - had a real buzz back when hyphy was banging and now seems to be rapping well over poor beats.

Clyde Carson - Had a great buzz from being in the team and then with singles like 2 step but now we don't hearmuch from him

If a label (like ruthless and deathrow did in the 80's 90's) was looking after these guys and representing as a west coast label maybe they would be better off. I don't think it helps when glasses is signed to a southern label and bishop is tied up by pop label interscope.

i love alot of westcoast music that is out right now but i think we need some major presence in the album charts and radio

« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 10:25:02 AM by morgy187 »
I will never stop dreaming like im in a fuckin coma

Big B

Re: West Coast Rappers Stuck on labels
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 08:19:41 AM »
Crooked I - probably the best rapper alive. I ve been waiting 5 years to hear a crooked  album
you must be young. some people on here have been wating a decade.

(im not one of thoe people)

Okka

Re: West Coast Rappers Stuck on labels (still waiting on albums to drop)
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 11:21:19 AM »
Clyde Carson is still workin on his album, he has a new E.P. droppin soon (or did it already drop?) "Doin' That" would have been HUGE if they would have released it as a first single and made a video for it, everyone i know that have heard it liked it.

Trojan God

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 11:59:55 AM »
Clyde Carson is still workin on his album, he has a new E.P. droppin soon (or did it already drop?) "Doin' That" would have been HUGE if they would have released it as a first single and made a video for it, everyone i know that have heard it liked it.

Thats true... I went to a few weddings in Tucson, AZ... Yeah shithole Tucson, AZ and the DJ was playing that at the BRIDES request... The following week i went to a party of a friends in Texas and hes a big hater of Bay Area rap but he was playin Doin That also... It has its buzz, but they never took advantage

Big B

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 12:07:42 PM »
Thats true... I went to a few weddings in Tucson, AZ... Yeah shithole Tucson, AZ and the DJ was playing that at the BRIDES request...
lol, really?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 12:31:28 PM »
fuck album charts and radio. I don't understand why thats important to people. Look at the music that's popular right now, most of its trash. I don't want to hear west coast rappers going that route. Let em stay underground and keep putting out good music.

Big B

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 12:33:15 PM »
fuck album charts and radio. I don't understand why thats important to people. Look at the music that's popular right now, most of its trash. I don't want to hear west coast rappers going that route. Let em stay underground and keep putting out good music.
ok...

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 12:37:10 PM »
been waiting on Butch Cassidy (cant call him a rapper but westocast artist) forever:) Still !

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Big B

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 12:40:29 PM »
been waiting on Butch Cassidy (cant call him a rapper but westocast artist) forever:) Still !
you sre going to die unsatisfied

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 12:43:37 PM »
you sre going to die unsatisfied

U think Danny Elliot wont relase anything? Im sure dude will release sth

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

Big B

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 12:48:22 PM »
whos danny eliot?

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 12:53:44 PM »
whos danny eliot?

lol Danny Elliot is Butch Cassidys real name and new artist name, i think new album if it comes will come under that name.

Bumps Danny Elliot - Fast Car

Big B

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 12:58:28 PM »
did he not enjoy sharing a nick name with a manly lesbian?

GangstaBoogy

Re: West Coast Rappers Stuck on labels
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 04:11:17 PM »
you must be young. some people on here have been wating a decade.

(im not one of thoe people)

Forreal. I've been waiting since I heard his verse on "Step Up" on Tha Streetz iz a Mutha.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Trojan God

• 'G'
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2009, 11:42:10 PM »
Thats true... I went to a few weddings in Tucson, AZ... Yeah shithole Tucson, AZ and the DJ was playing that at the BRIDES request...
lol, really?

Yeah... Most people only knew Sean Kingston was on it, but they didnt know about Clyde.. I had to teach em on him... Like Most people, ever since i heard him on the Team, i knew if he had the right push, he could be big... Same way Kaz Kyzah is blowin up now