Author Topic: Miracle at St. Anna  (Read 119 times)

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
Miracle at St. Anna
« on: March 30, 2009, 01:03:13 AM »
I just watched this and I thought it was excellent!  This movie has received a lot of hate and criticism but I thought Spike Lee did a great job.  This movie touched me and it's a shame that this movie is being regarded as a failure.

DIP DIP SET SET

Jaydc555

Re: Miracle at St. Anna
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 01:08:27 AM »
Of course it got hated spike lee spoke out against Clint eastwood and we all know how all the critics are in love with Clint.any piece of shit movie he does automatically gets nominated.their revenge for Clint was to bash spikes movie

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
Re: Miracle at St. Anna
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 12:40:57 AM »
This movie got a lot of mixed reviews, because a few critics declared it a masterpiece (Ebert was one of those). I disagree though, I thought it was a waste of time. The premise of the little boy clinging to the soldier, the oddity of the trophy, and the perspective of black soldiers were some great topics to build on. However, most of the relationships and communication seemed really poor and there wasn't much insight into the characters. It didn't seem to have a clear plan and it plodded along for 2 and a half hours. The ending was really poor, especially that weird speech about safety from the corny guy in the white suit. I wouldn't recommend this movie to anyone, it could have used better editing and dialogue.
I got a bird's eye view