Author Topic: Any of ya'll ready to retract your ridiculous "LeBron>Kobe" claims yet?  (Read 6595 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
I find it amazing how everyone on abc/espn has been calling Kobe "the best player in the world" without hesitation since he made the Finals. They couldn't stop talking about LeBron a week ago. :laugh: Fuckers.

lol, you must not watch ESPN a lot because i heard them say this all year.

Laker fans just want to make it seem like the world is against them when ESPN has been giving him praise all year; but they just give LeBron equal & you don't have to tell me, i know that's blasphemous. ::)

I don't know man, it seems like the majority of ESPN was saying Lebron was the best for a good portion of the year. I think Kobe's the best by a long shot but I could really care less what analysts think lol.
They defiantly gave both players equal respect, but the overall tone defiantly was that they favored LeBron. I didn't really care, but now they are switching their story and acting like they don't even remember LeBron.

agreed, agreed, it was favored to LeBron; but Kobe like had his time in the sun, they're trying to push LeBron to have his golden times before the next guy shows up & tries to take it from him.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

^that's some female ass shit...I feel bad for dudes who think like that and speak from emotion as opposed to logic. :-\

but you speak from you emotions all the time LMAO.

you love Kobe; love = emotion.

your emotions just make you always speak positively about him.

lol NIK cant see it, because he's in love. So he doesnt realize how ridiculous he looks to everyone else.  He thinks all these Laker fans (mostly cheerleaders) agree with him, when in reality more of the time they dont. They just dont speak up.  A lot of them might think Kobe is better then LeBron, and thats fine. Thats their opinion.  But they dont agree with him when he makes idiotic comments about players like Kwame Brown bein the next great thing, or Farmar, or Sasha, or Bynum > Howard lol.  What NIK has done over the years, is say the Lakers are the best ALL the time. So that during that one instance (maybe this year) when they are...he can say "i told you so". Completely ignoring the fact that it has been YEARS since anyone could say that.

Kobe is by far the best player on the planet and there's nothing ridiculous about that claim. there is, however, something very ridiculous about the overpraise LeBron has received this whole season.

The reason people think youre a joke on this forum, is because of this kind of shit lol A huge portion of the basketball world (analysts, media, fans, etc.) say LeBron is the best right now.  I think basketball is complex enough that you cant have "one" best player. Only with MJ was there a clear cut "best".  There hasnt been since him, and there wasnt before him.  There have been groups of players that were the best at different times. But to claim that saying LeBron is the best is ridiculous...when SOOOO many others say he is, only makes your "Kobe is the best" claim look that much more silly.

notice how you say "people think" because you wanna feel supported in your arguments against...lol. just speak for yourself, son. Magic was the best of his time, Jordan was the best of his, and Kobe is the best now. Kobe=clear cut best. even the LeBron dickriders are starting to see it again. get with the program.

God youre slow. Im using the fact that SO many others put LeBron (at such a young age lol@ Kobe) above Kobe, not to prove that he is better...but to show how stupid you sound when you say its a ridiculous argument.  That just makes you look even more like an idiot then you already do.  You can argue Kobe is better then LeBron, no problem. Someone else can argue LeBron is better then Kobe, no problem. Neither argument is stupid. You just like to go over the top and make yourself look foolish. IMO, and many, many others...LeBron is without a doubt the more complete player out of the two. Is he WAY better then Kobe, no lol. But there are more aspects to his game then what Kobe has to offer. Not to mention, we are comparing these two right now, when LeBron still has a ton of room to grow. Kobe does not.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

OchoCinco

this shit is getting mad old, everyone types the same shit and neither side gives a fuck i suggest everyone just gives up and we leave this Kobe-Lebron shit alone.

this shit is getting mad old, everyone types the same shit and neither side gives a fuck i suggest everyone just gives up and we leave this Kobe-Lebron shit alone.

sounds good. The problem is the main person in the battle, is the Mod...
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

OchoCinco

sounds good. The problem is the main person in the battle, is the Mod...

just dont respond, simple as that. Neither side is gunna change their mind no matter how much talking/stats people put up. This sports section needs to move the fuck on.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
muffuccaz in general were jus sayin that cuz he came off that bets record and he was on fire a month back
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

daygostylz is retarded, foreal...he doesn't realize we've been over this many times before. i've explained so many times in the past how lebron's hype in the media is mostly over financial purposes, yet he keeps bringing up how the media makes claims of lebron being better. lebron is closer to a carmelo or a wade than he is to a kobe. there is nothing "slow" about that, idiot...the only thing slow is you not getting that the NBA is trying it's hardest to act like lebron is on kobes level so that they can fabricate a rivalry. watch 'em play. lebron has a ways to go before he sees kobe. did u watch the lakers-cleveland matchups? LOL...PeACe

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
well alotta muffuccaz overhype james
im not sayin hes wack, but damn he was dope when he was winnin and on that streak but now that hes out hes "wack"
aite he lost and didnt make the finals but damn hes not wack
jus like kobe losin last year
oh celtics are the best team this n that, lakers dont have a chance
well celtics lost this year, so lakers made it this far
its like muffuccaz want to see certain players go 6 feet deep, (i mean people are still talkin bout that colorado shit as if kobe really cares)
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

daygostylz is retarded, foreal...he doesn't realize we've been over this many times before. i've explained so many times in the past how lebron's hype in the media is mostly over financial purposes, yet he keeps bringing up how the media makes claims of lebron being better. lebron is closer to a carmelo or a wade than he is to a kobe. there is nothing "slow" about that, idiot...the only thing slow is you not getting that the NBA is trying it's hardest to act like lebron is on kobes level so that they can fabricate a rivalry. watch 'em play. lebron has a ways to go before he sees kobe. did u watch the lakers-cleveland matchups? LOL...PeACe

lol and the government is watching your home....probably tapping your phone so they can set you up.  I agree, the media does do this with players. Theyve dont it ever since MJ retired. And they did it with Kobe at one point (sure u didnt complain then). The thing is, like ive said...the media (ESPN included), is always looking for the next MJ. Theyre DYING for the next MJ. And they will ride someone who they think might become that, once they think there is no longer a chance of that happening...they stop riding them. Once they realized Kobe was never going to be the next MJ, they jumped to the next guy. They arent stupid, they dont just pick any old player. They pick players who they see as being great, or potentially great. EVERYone has been raving over LeBron since he hit the league. He's a freak the likes of which the league has just never seen before. He's better then Kobe at this age, he's better then Magic, Bird, Dr J, even MJ...at THIS age. The consensus out there has been, and still is, that LeBron knows how to keep his teammates interested in a game more then Kobe...which is part of why he is looked at as a better leader.  This is how things are. You can argue it with your Kobe bias all you want. But like I said, Im not even a fan of LeBron...or Kobe. I just see things from the outside with no bias one way or the other. They can both fail for all I care, it wouldnt matter to me.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

lol and the government is watching your home....probably tapping your phone so they can set you up.  I agree, the media does do this with players. Theyve dont it ever since MJ retired. And they did it with Kobe at one point (sure u didnt complain then). The thing is, like ive said...the media (ESPN included), is always looking for the next MJ. Theyre DYING for the next MJ. And they will ride someone who they think might become that, once they think there is no longer a chance of that happening...they stop riding them. Once they realized Kobe was never going to be the next MJ, they jumped to the next guy. They arent stupid, they dont just pick any old player. They pick players who they see as being great, or potentially great. EVERYone has been raving over LeBron since he hit the league. He's a freak the likes of which the league has just never seen before. He's better then Kobe at this age, he's better then Magic, Bird, Dr J, even MJ...at THIS age. The consensus out there has been, and still is, that LeBron knows how to keep his teammates interested in a game more then Kobe...which is part of why he is looked at as a better leader.  This is how things are. You can argue it with your Kobe bias all you want. But like I said, Im not even a fan of LeBron...or Kobe. I just see things from the outside with no bias one way or the other. They can both fail for all I care, it wouldnt matter to me.

Kobe is the only thing comparable to MJ since MJ and that's final. Kobe is the only current player in the NBA with the skillset to retire as the GOAT if he plays his cards right...face it. the LeBron hype is ridiculous, and you know it...PeACe

GangstaBoogy

Right now Kobe Bryant is the best player in the world and there is no doubt about that.  What Lebron had to do though this postseason in spite of his teammates pathetic performances was amazing and the guy is only 24 but yeah right now Kobe is still the best.  That 3 point play he made early in the 4th qtr last night was beyond special.

LOL...flip-floppin is okay when you admit you were wrong. you should apologize for all that bullshit you've talked in the past couple months.

No the funny part is all year we kept hearing "Cleveland is scary, Cleveland is looking impossible to beat". But as soon as they lose its right back to "well thats cuz Lebron had to do it all by himself". Make up your minds people.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
^that's some female ass shit...I feel bad for dudes who think like that and speak from emotion as opposed to logic. :-\

lol NIK cant see it, because he's in love. So he doesnt realize how ridiculous he looks to everyone else.  He thinks all these Laker fans (mostly cheerleaders) agree with him, when in reality more of the time they dont. They just dont speak up.  A lot of them might think Kobe is better then LeBron, and thats fine. Thats their opinion.  But they dont agree with him when he makes idiotic comments about players like Kwame Brown bein the next great thing, or Farmar, or Sasha, or Bynum > Howard lol.  What NIK has done over the years, is say the Lakers are the best ALL the time. So that during that one instance (maybe this year) when they are...he can say "i told you so". Completely ignoring the fact that it has been YEARS since anyone could say that.

Kobe is by far the best player on the planet and there's nothing ridiculous about that claim. there is, however, something very ridiculous about the overpraise LeBron has received this whole season.

The reason people think youre a joke on this forum, is because of this kind of shit lol A huge portion of the basketball world (analysts, media, fans, etc.) say LeBron is the best right now.  I think basketball is complex enough that you cant have "one" best player. Only with MJ was there a clear cut "best".  There hasnt been since him, and there wasnt before him.  There have been groups of players that were the best at different times. But to claim that saying LeBron is the best is ridiculous...when SOOOO many others say he is, only makes your "Kobe is the best" claim look that much more silly.

notice how you say "people think" because you wanna feel supported in your arguments against...lol. just speak for yourself, son. Magic was the best of his time, Jordan was the best of his, and Kobe is the best now. Kobe=clear cut best. even the LeBron dickriders are starting to see it again. get with the program.

What he's saying is that with Jordan there was no argument. During the entire 80s it was "Magic or Larry?" and whether you personally think Larry wasn't at the same level (an opinion that would flip flop completely if Larry was the Laker in the argument) isn't the issue. The issue is there was an argument. What was the argument in the 90s? When you say best NBA player of the 90s will any NBA analyst, hardcore fan, player, coach, etc say anyone other than Jordan? The answer is no. In the 80s maybe 95% would say either Magic or Larry with the other 5% maybe saying someone else. Since Jordan if you ask who has been the most valuable player in the league no where near 100% of the people will say Kobe. Shaq would get most of the votes, and then Kobe and Duncan would be debated (yeah big men and guards are different but no one argues "Larry, Magic, or Jabbar?". Best is best and best means most likely to make your team a winner). And today right now, the fact that they even debate LeBron vs Kobe. The fact that you even take time out to debate it. Proves with out any doubt that Kobe is not ahead of the pack the way Jordan in the 90s was.

Would a Jordan fan even enter a thread "Jordan vs Barkley" or "Jordan vs Hakeem"? The answer is no. Unless you're just a complete twit. If there was a thread tomorrow about "Who is the greatest Miami Dolphins QB of all time?" all you would see would be two or three posts that say Dan Marino and then the thread would fade away. Because if someone was stupid enough to mention Griese or Morall, a response to those ridiculous claims wouldn't be warranted and the thread would fade away.

So just accept it; Kobe will never be seen like Jordan was in the 90s.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside

What he's saying is that with Jordan there was no argument. During the entire 80s it was "Magic or Larry?" and whether you personally think Larry wasn't at the same level (an opinion that would flip flop completely if Larry was the Laker in the argument) isn't the issue. The issue is there was an argument. What was the argument in the 90s? When you say best NBA player of the 90s will any NBA analyst, hardcore fan, player, coach, etc say anyone other than Jordan? The answer is no. In the 80s maybe 95% would say either Magic or Larry with the other 5% maybe saying someone else. Since Jordan if you ask who has been the most valuable player in the league no where near 100% of the people will say Kobe. Shaq would get most of the votes, and then Kobe and Duncan would be debated (yeah big men and guards are different but no one argues "Larry, Magic, or Jabbar?". Best is best and best means most likely to make your team a winner). And today right now, the fact that they even debate LeBron vs Kobe. The fact that you even take time out to debate it. Proves with out any doubt that Kobe is not ahead of the pack the way Jordan in the 90s was.

Would a Jordan fan even enter a thread "Jordan vs Barkley" or "Jordan vs Hakeem"? The answer is no. Unless you're just a complete twit. If there was a thread tomorrow about "Who is the greatest Miami Dolphins QB of all time?" all you would see would be two or three posts that say Dan Marino and then the thread would fade away. Because if someone was stupid enough to mention Griese or Morall, a response to those ridiculous claims wouldn't be warranted and the thread would fade away.

So just accept it; Kobe will never be seen like Jordan was in the 90s.

Here's the thing, I sort of agree with you, but I also think that this argument has a WAAAY different background than the MJ era.

In 1991, we got the dream match up, Magic Johnson and his 5 rings, going against Michael who was going for number 1, and the commercial buzz was surrounding MJ. Nike and the NBA was pushing Michael, because even though Magic was only 31, he had a lot of miles in him. Of course MJ won, he beat the previous best, Magic retired because of HIV and the rest is history. There was an undisputed best, and each and every year MJ proved it over and over again.

When MJ retired, no one beat him, so there was a scrabble to the crown, I'd even argue that the Spurs were more dominate than the Lakers for longer, as even though the Lakers 3peated, the Spurs did win 4. So in 9 years, the Lakers and Spurs won 7 titles between them, and appeared in 8. So the argument was alive between Shaq and Duncan, though when Shaq was with the Lakers it leaned Shaq, but Duncan had a right to the crown too.

In 2003, the whole turned upside down. Without a doubt, the Lakers were building for Shaq to age, and Kobe to take over. In the 2002-2003 season, the Lakers missed the finals, but Kobe averaged 30ppg and was over taken Shaq as the best Laker. Then the rape trail. I'll argue that the rape trail screwed Kobe over so much in terms of endorsements and MVP awards. After Shaq left in 2003, Kobe was the best player in the league, the Lakers traded Shaq for young players to complement their young star, but it was a building process. At the same time, Kobe dominated the league, but due to the rape trail, there was not Kobe commercials, there was no Kobe in lyrics, Kobe was a beast, but there was no calls going his way in games. Instead the MVP awards that he should have won went to Steve Nash, a much more safe player to call your best in the eyes of the public. Kobe was scoring 81 points, had multiple 60 point games, leading a team that outside of him would be pushing for number 1 pick in the lottery and taking them to game 7 with the number 1 seed. But the image of Kobe is done.

Last year, the Lakers finally came to play with Kobe, and it was suppose to be Kobe's year. They finally awarded him the MVP, even though it should have been Pauls year, and the Lakers ran through the NBA playoffs. Experts picked the Lakers to win it all, even though across from them was not one future Hall of Famer, but 3. Last year, the league finally market Kobe, but it was not to be, and the league knows that at 30, and all the miles on those knees, time is coming.

Enter LeBron, Lebron is the future, his the most physically dominating player since Shaq, and I'd argue that LeBron today is like Dr. J in the 70's, such a great athlete that players in him era are not even close to his level. The differents is that in MJ's era, MJ was not the best athlete, so many players in the 90's could claim that title. MJ was the best player, the most skilled that the hungriest player to ever lace up snickers. Kobe is that now, Kobe is not the best athlete, but Kobe is the most skilled. The NBA is ready to market LeBron to the moon, and the fact that people have a negative opinion on Kobe mean that people are willing to buy LeBron>Kobe. From 2003-2009, it's been all Kobe, best player, but the league did reflect that. Now Kobe is at the point were he will not be denied. I've never seen Kobe this determined. If this keeps up, look for a Laker repeat next year. I don't see a 3peat, but I do see back to back. Kobe will no be denied, and after these finals, it will be settled. Kobe >> LeBron, for now.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
My point is still clear M Dogg, as long as you still even have to argue it Kobe is not the current MJ. There was no argument when MJ had the crown. People even argue if he hadn't retired in the first place the Bulls would have had 8 straight titles. I'm not saying Kobe isn't the best right now. I'm saying if he is he isn't as much better than the rest as Jordan was better than the rest. And he also wasn't in the argument as long as Larry and Magic were (not yet anyway). He also isn't yet as much better than the rest as Shaq and Duncan were. If he wins this series the way he won last game then he might be. If he wins next year too then he definitely will be.

I don't like comparing Duncan or Shaq then vs Kobe now would lose because I don't know. Would any of the Championship team Spurs lose to this years Lakers? I don't know. They can never play each other. Would Shaq in his prime on this years Magic beat these Lakers? It's not possible to know.

But it is possible to judge whether Kobe is considered on top the same way Jordan was, and the result of that as of right now is no he isn't on top the same way.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
My point is still clear M Dogg, as long as you still even have to argue it Kobe is not the current MJ. There was no argument when MJ had the crown. People even argue if he hadn't retired in the first place the Bulls would have had 8 straight titles. I'm not saying Kobe isn't the best right now. I'm saying if he is he isn't as much better than the rest as Jordan was better than the rest. And he also wasn't in the argument as long as Larry and Magic were (not yet anyway). He also isn't yet as much better than the rest as Shaq and Duncan were. If he wins this series the way he won last game then he might be. If he wins next year too then he definitely will be.

I don't like comparing Duncan or Shaq then vs Kobe now would lose because I don't know. Would any of the Championship team Spurs lose to this years Lakers? I don't know. They can never play each other. Would Shaq in his prime on this years Magic beat these Lakers? It's not possible to know.

But it is possible to judge whether Kobe is considered on top the same way Jordan was, and the result of that as of right now is no he isn't on top the same way.

As I was saying though, it seemed like last year was built as Kobe's year, the NBA put money into the Lakers/Celtics, and the whole best player vs. 3 all-stars. This year, they wanted Lebron/Kobe bad, with Lebron winning. They are building to the MJ/Magic series.

I wasn't trying to argue past vs. present, I was trying to go down the line. From Magic to MJ, to Shaq/Duncan, to Nash/Kobe, to now with Kobe/Lebron. I wouldn't argue, oh 2003 Spurs beat 2009 Lakers, who knows.

I'm also saying that right now, Kobe is on a level that I've never seen him reach, and at a level I only saw MJ reach during his first 3peat. When the Lakers win, I think the argument is closed over Kobe/LeBron, until LeBron comes back with a winning team, Kobe will have won the argument. It's more like late 80's, you know MJ is waiting for his turn, but Magic and Bird were just on top of their game.