Author Topic: Scarface on Soulja Boy:"He Got The Potential To Be The Next Russell Simmons"  (Read 304 times)

Elano

Hip-Hop pioneer Scarface recently spoke on the status of hip-hop and why teenage rapper Soulja Boy Tell Em could one day join the ranks of Def Jam co-founder Russell Simmons.

In addition to Soulja Boy, Face also paid homage to Dr. Dre's contributions to hip-hop.

"I think the Internet is what's wrong with rap right now," he explained. "Because it's no way to filter garbage. You say some dumb-a** sh*t, and you get a million hits on your Web site...And Soulja Boy is not included...He getting money and he's my son's age. I like the way he do it. I think he got the potential to be the next Russell [Simmons]. I?m giving him some big-a** shoes to stand beside but if that kid really focus on finding talent and marketing that sh*t like he is now at f*cking 18, 19-years-old, I ain't mad at it...Dre [is the best producer] in the f*cking world. Like, I was listening to a track in this movie War and it was just an instrumental. The f*cking track was man who can f*ck with it? I mean the man releases a record every eight or nine years. This is how you rate the producers: staying power. Everything that he's ever touched was some big sh*t." (Vibe)

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
Soulja Boy doesn't say stupid shit? Damn, everything that Scarface co-signing is wrong with hip hop. Stupid faggots with no rhyme skills getting money and hiding behind his moron friends giggling like in kindergarden.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yeah ima fan of face but your right what hes co-signin is whats wrong

Soulja Boy doesn't say stupid shit? Damn, everything that Scarface co-signing is wrong with hip hop. Stupid faggots with no rhyme skills getting money and hiding behind his moron friends giggling like in kindergarden.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Blasphemy

I always figured scarface for a retard, honestly did you really have to name your self after the movie, or even Al Capone???I guess this is just what I needed for proof. If Soulja Boy is the next Russel Simmons, then Eminem is the leader of the panthers.

GangstaBoogy

Soulja Boy does know how to make his money but come on Face. I hate veterans man, you always expect them to say whats real and they always end up co-signing wack niggas.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
face one of the best ever and one of my favs but he does say some weird shit in interviews sometimes..

Dopeisjay

wow? smh
face is dope, but on the real what the?

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
haha not a good way to go out
1.he decideds to "retire" (well see bout that)
2.co-signs soulja boy
3.havin wayne on his album didnt help him much either

I always figured scarface for a retard, honestly did you really have to name your self after the movie, or even Al Capone???I guess this is just what I needed for proof. If Soulja Boy is the next Russel Simmons, then Eminem is the leader of the panthers.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.