Author Topic: what happened to DJ Quck's music??? Listening to the blakout....  (Read 1312 times)

Paul

funkyfreshintheflesh

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: what happened to DJ Quck's music??? Listening to the blakout....
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2009, 01:15:42 PM »
DJ Quik brought that ZAPP funk back with that CREAM track  8)

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2009, 01:43:08 PM »
Half the beats are pretty good, but most of the songs suck. Quik and Kurupt don't have a lot of chemistry, and most of the tracks sound only mildly thought out. Especially "9x out of 10", that shit is some of the worst song making in west coast history. Kurupt sounds terrible, the beat is awful, and the flow is nearly non-existent. How could two people make a worse song? It's numbing. The same people who like this album probably liked the Fixxers album as well. This album could of been so much better, and it was just mediocre. If you were blown away by this shit, you seriously need to re-evaluate you're entire life.

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2009, 02:59:53 PM »
My ears don't deceive me, this album is on a whole 'nother level. Thank God we've got a producer and lyricist like Quik and Kurupt to relieve us from the wackness that is brainwashing all of these new generation douchebags. Been a lifelong fan of these two, and a lot has changed in hip-hop, but this album proves that this is the era of greatness. Bow down new jacks and continue to bump your bubbles. Last of a dying breed.

dameons

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2009, 05:12:49 PM »
This album was straight garbage ! The intro was good , but only because the rest of it was extremely terrible. I mean , I love Quik more than most , but this shit he's been doing is weird and a far cry from what it used to be .The strange beats are just impossible to get into, and his skills on the mic have slipped because there is no authority behind his lyrics .

the vine

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2009, 05:25:12 PM »
wheres the g-funk guys

wheres the pendletons?!

WHERES THE KHAKIS?!

:sad:

yall muhfuckas man

this album was pretty good

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2009, 07:10:34 PM »
I think for the most of the album, Quik handled the production well. Like an evolved Quik in modern time. Its funky, its fresh...can't ask for much more I think.

I agree....at first I wasn't feeling it but after a few spins I thought the same thing.

westside159

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2009, 02:08:47 AM »
i dont know DJ Quik is washed up , he aint the same .  he went too soft for me ..  not feeling kurupts simple rhymes either . terrible album .   

SAINTX111

• 'G'
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2009, 01:30:53 PM »
After listening to the entire album, I have mixed opinions....On one hand, tracks like "Blaqkout," "Cream In Ya Panties," and the ultra-smooth "The Appeal" are excellent and on par with Quik's signature sound. Other songs seem fragmented and just out of sync with the album like "Whatcha Wan Do" and "Exodus." There is a lack of balance and fluidity in the album; either the tracks are REALLY GOOD or REALLY BAD. If the good are enough to make up for the bad will remain to be seen. I have been a life-long DJ Quik fan so any and all good material from Quik will get a purchase out of me. But I think that if he would've based the album more along the lines of the first 3 tracks + "The Appeal", he would've had a more solid, parallel and well-rounded album. Either way, I can't wait for Quik's next solo LP... This seems to be where he really buckles down and delivers.

In A Real Way

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2009, 03:04:17 PM »
This is Quik's worst album... Let's hope he will deliver something classic with his upcoming solo album.

DJ Quik + G-One + Robert Bacon + Suga Free + Raphael Saadiq = Classic Timeless Hit Record

westside159

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2009, 11:41:38 PM »
Yeah Quiks career been over with , its kinda sad though .  he aint had a big hit since Just lyke Compton in 1992 .