Author Topic: California Love Question?  (Read 756 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: California Love Question?
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2009, 03:06:25 PM »
basically, they wanted more people to buy How Do U Want It so they could hera hit em up
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2009, 03:08:31 PM »
I PREFER MYSELF THE REMIX THAN THE OG

DPGC23

Co-sign

The OG is just too played out - people been playing this song everywhere for the past 13+ years, it's just too much...

I think that is the reason why the original wasn't on the album. I mean the song was getting played on the radio in the summer of 1995. The video dropped in December and the album came out in February 1996 so I guess they thought it was played out by then so they dropped the remix.

Yeah that'd prolly be part of the reason, and also tryna sell the "How Do You Want It" single. Props everyone

jman91331

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2009, 10:03:39 PM »
Wouldn't it have made more sence so sell the how do you want it with the remix and have the og on the album?

MarshColin

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2009, 09:29:50 PM »
I think because of sample clearance it didn't come out.

but I have the original version from a compilation called "Nuthin but a gangsta party"

??? they didn't clear the sample for the album but released a video and a single that sold millions of copies...think twice

Haha ya you beat me to it. It was on the How Do U Want It single, which until his Greatest Hits album came out, was the only place to Cali Love OG and Hit Em Up.

Hit 'Em Up was on DR Greatest Hits...

Totally forgot about that one. Props.

2euce 7even

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2009, 02:06:19 AM »
I think because of sample clearance it didn't come out.

but I have the original version from a compilation called "Nuthin but a gangsta party"

??? they didn't clear the sample for the album but released a video and a single that sold millions of copies...think twice

Haha ya you beat me to it. It was on the How Do U Want It single, which until his Greatest Hits album came out, was the only place to Cali Love OG and Hit Em Up.

yep

2euce 7even

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2009, 02:10:35 AM »
i wanna hear the real OG.