Author Topic: Charles Hamilton Gives The Late J Dilla Exec Producer Credits On Debut  (Read 406 times)

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
My bad if he's releasing it for free but I still think naming Dilla executive producer is an arrogant thing to do.
why arrogant ?

What gives this guy the right to use Dilla's name, why does he feel he is worthy enough to do so?

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
My bad if he's releasing it for free but I still think naming Dilla executive producer is an arrogant thing to do.
why arrogant ?

What gives this guy the right to use Dilla's name, why does he feel he is worthy enough to do so?

Googe the word "tribute"...   You don't need to be "worthy" to be able to give respect to one of your idols.

You don't know that when it's all said and done, Charles will donate a portion of money to the family, regardless of if they have heard of him yet.

I don't see why ppl don't get him the benefit of the doubt, they don't wanna believe it was a positive thing, they would rather hate and not support any sorta love and dedication in Hip-Hop whatsoever..  Lost in translation, I guess..
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 04:34:16 PM by The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES »

kuruptlon

why arrogant ?

Personally it looks like hamilton is using dillas name for notoriety. He can do whatever he wants but it just looks like he's trying to capitalize from my perspective.

Googe the word "tribute"...   You don't need to be "worthy" to be able to give respect to one of your idols.

You don't know that when it's all said and done, Charles will donate a portion of money to the family, regardless of if they have heard of him yet.

I don't see why ppl don't get him the benefit of the doubt, they don't wanna believe it was a positive thing, they would rather hate and not support any sorta love and dedication in Hip-Hop whatsoever..  Lost in translation, I guess..

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!

People are getting mad though because he claimed he knew Dilla and his family when the truth is they have no idea who the fuck charles hamilton is, okay yeah Dillas family will 'probably' get some money from the albums release but its coming out for free on the net first and then there'll be deluxe editions which come out in the fall, and i dont see this going even gold and interscope are gonna want their money from this, so in reality anything Dillas family recieves is gonna be tiny

Im a CH fan but this was a publicity stunt with good intentions gone bad

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Did any of ya'll read Royce's statement on this? Sounds like the D aint happy bout this shit at all...

"I like Charles, I like Charles a lot. I think he’s definitely is still at that age where he just says things, and that’s where he needs to grow out of just saying stuff. I don’t think a lot of people understand Detriot is a whole other world and we don’t like you talking about our people and the people that are enforcing these things are n*ggas that will kill you. So you know I got that situation under control. I know who to call to make sure that nothing serious will happen to him, but he’s definitely playing with fire. Know what I’m saying. Dilla and Proof n*ggas are very really sensitive about those two deaths."