Author Topic: "Kobe doesn't pull off late-game heroics this time"  (Read 1315 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: "Kobe doesn't pull off late-game heroics this time"
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2009, 02:38:26 PM »
i dont think nebody doubted the Magic have played well, but there down 3-1 for a reason

Its cliche, but experience is huge.  The Lakers were there last year, and it DOES make a difference. Not to mention, the Lakers obviously want it more. The Lakers look like their goal is to win a championship, the Magic look like their goal is to have fun.  Both great goals, but only one results in a title.  The Magic arent bad at all, but I think you will see Laker fans make the Magic out to be the Celtics from last year...to make this finals victory seem epic lol

no need to do that, we'll see the Celtics in the finals next year, 'cause no one is denying KG from returning to the finals, and King James doesn't have the team to be Boston at all. Lakers will return to the finals, unless Denver pulls a HUGE move, so I expect to see Lakers/Celtics for the 12th time in NBA history, and expect that to be way better than last year.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2009, 02:47:24 PM »
i dont think nebody doubted the Magic have played well, but there down 3-1 for a reason

Its cliche, but experience is huge.  The Lakers were there last year, and it DOES make a difference. Not to mention, the Lakers obviously want it more. The Lakers look like their goal is to win a championship, the Magic look like their goal is to have fun.  Both great goals, but only one results in a title.  The Magic arent bad at all, but I think you will see Laker fans make the Magic out to be the Celtics from last year...to make this finals victory seem epic lol

no need to do that, we'll see the Celtics in the finals next year, 'cause no one is denying KG from returning to the finals, and King James doesn't have the team to be Boston at all. Lakers will return to the finals, unless Denver pulls a HUGE move, so I expect to see Lakers/Celtics for the 12th time in NBA history, and expect that to be way better than last year.

Next year is a new year, and there should be plenty of moves in the offseason. No telling what happens.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2009, 04:38:25 PM »
The first half looked like they were playing the first game of the season. That Christmas game with Boston shits on all the final games so far when it comes to the "seriousness" of the game. It's a boring finale imo, yes the results may have been close and we had 2 OT's but to me it looks like every time the Lakers want to score, they score. Orlando on the other hand look unexperienced, so many turnovers, not to mention that Howard is laughing all the time. Like they're happy just to be in the finals.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2009, 05:13:30 PM »
anyone using 82games for anything needs to slap themselves. thats the same site that shows LeBron to be a better player than MJ...Kobe doesnt usually miss freethrows and he missed 5 last night. had he made those freethrows, we win the game. The difference is, Kobe always has a sense of when shit is urgent. Last nights game wasn't as urgent (ala the games we lost vs Houston & Denver). If you really think Orlando has a chance in this series, then you're jokin yourself. Kobe's performance in the 1st quarter was amazing...we all expected him to keep it up, but he stopped shooting...Kobe may be amazing, but there's only a certain extent to how amazing a player can be. EVERYONE fucks up. Even Magic and MJ fucked up...but since u wanna bring up LeBron, the difference in this season is that LeBron fucked up when it truly mattered...PeACe

"Kobe doesn't pull off late-game heroics this time"-

No, he didn't again, but D-FISH did. 

The difference between Lebron and Kobe is that Kobe has had clutch players who make plays when he turns the ball over, gets swatted, or str8 up misses.  All great players need a clutch player beside them, at least one.  EVERYONE does indeed fuck up, but the most successful players get backed up when needed most.  Kobe was 11-31 and again didn't play all that great in the 4th or OT...

what you dont seem to realize is that without kobe on the court, none of these players can do what they do...the fact that kobe draws so much attention is what gets these other players the open looks and the nice feeds...thats obvious shit right there.. kobe is way more than just a scorer, and the fact that you dont see this is mind-boggling.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2009, 05:16:06 PM »

Next year is a new year, and there should be plenty of moves in the offseason. No telling what happens.

most teams are afraid to spend money because of the economy. Rumor is that teams are getting money for the NBA to stay afloat. David Stern isn't commenting on it, but knows that currently the state of the NBA is in a critical time. Of course the NBA will get through it, but we might see a couple of year were the rich (Lakers, Celtics) get richer, and the poor break up. Most expect this Magic team to break up this year because of the money people are asking.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2009, 08:52:51 PM »
anyone using 82games for anything needs to slap themselves. thats the same site that shows LeBron to be a better player than MJ...Kobe doesnt usually miss freethrows and he missed 5 last night. had he made those freethrows, we win the game. The difference is, Kobe always has a sense of when shit is urgent. Last nights game wasn't as urgent (ala the games we lost vs Houston & Denver). If you really think Orlando has a chance in this series, then you're jokin yourself. Kobe's performance in the 1st quarter was amazing...we all expected him to keep it up, but he stopped shooting...Kobe may be amazing, but there's only a certain extent to how amazing a player can be. EVERYONE fucks up. Even Magic and MJ fucked up...but since u wanna bring up LeBron, the difference in this season is that LeBron fucked up when it truly mattered...PeACe

The difference between Lebron and Kobe is that Kobe has had clutch players who make plays when he turns the ball over, gets swatted, or str8 up misses.  All great players need a clutch player beside them, at least one.  EVERYONE does indeed fuck up, but the most successful players get backed up when needed most.  Kobe was 11-31 and again didn't play all that great in the 4th or OT...

what you dont seem to realize is that without kobe on the court, none of these players can do what they do...the fact that kobe draws so much attention is what gets these other players the open looks and the nice feeds...thats obvious shit right there.. kobe is way more than just a scorer, and the fact that you dont see this is mind-boggling.

i'm really not trying to turn this into Kobe vs LeBron, but can you honestly say that Bron doesn't do the exact same with, drawing attention & gets players open looks?

he does that and manages to score more points, average more assits, win more games (regular season) & does it all with a weaker cast.

i don't how you shit on him all the time, i may never understand lol.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2009, 09:25:00 PM »

i'm really not trying to turn this into Kobe vs LeBron, but can you honestly say that Bron doesn't do the exact same with, drawing attention & gets players open looks?

he does that and manages to score more points, average more assits, win more games (regular season) & does it all with a weaker cast.

Of course LeBron draws double teams...but he's not as good a player as Kobe is. That's all there is to it. Same goes for Melo, Wade, etc. etc.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 12:20:56 PM by Now_I_Know »

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2009, 11:20:37 PM »

most teams are afraid to spend money because of the economy. Rumor is that teams are getting money for the NBA to stay afloat. David Stern isn't commenting on it, but knows that currently the state of the NBA is in a critical time. Of course the NBA will get through it, but we might see a couple of year were the rich (Lakers, Celtics) get richer, and the poor break up. Most expect this Magic team to break up this year because of the money people are asking.

Arent u guys losing either Trevor or Lamar?  Not to mention, teams being afraid to spend money will really only effect the amount of money free agents make. Not whether they become free agents.  The rich/ poor thing matters, but it isnt baseball..there is still a salary cap.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2009, 02:40:24 AM »

Arent u guys losing either Trevor or Lamar?  Not to mention, teams being afraid to spend money will really only effect the amount of money free agents make. Not whether they become free agents.  The rich/ poor thing matters, but it isnt baseball..there is still a salary cap.

no w're not, we traded vladdy raddy to keep both ariza and odom. i know we didnt trade one of our best 3 point shooters for nothing. i know for damn sure morrisions gone and his contract is ridiculous. id like to keep shannon brown and th rest of the roster, but mayb replace mbenga with a trure center

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2009, 07:01:48 AM »
How did the magic play like a joke??? other than the first game all the games have been close and exciting. When the lakers lose its cus the magic beat them, when the Lakers win its cause the magic beat themselves, i dont get it.

I dont really care tho, we are up 3-1 and have played good hard basketball and the games have all been close and exciting with the exception of that first game.

Dude, the Magic played nowhere NEAR as well as they have been (other then one game), you cant deny that. Im not takin anything away from the Lakers though. They out played everybody they ran into. The Magic just looked like they were happy to be there, the Lakers seemed more focused then them (and the Lakers have looked unfocused alot during this playoff run)
I saw it more as stage freight then happy to be there. They are a young team and they made plenty of screw ups. Just look at all those wide open shots they missed during the season. The best thing the Lakers did defensively was limit Dwight Howard's scoring, which did ruin the Magic's flow.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2009, 07:40:53 AM »
Kobe has a bad game and everyone says he's a choker.  What idiots fail to realize is that no player, not Kobe, LeBron, Jordan, West, or whoever was able to step up ever time it was needed.

teecee

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2009, 09:40:12 AM »

Of course LeBron draws double teams...but he's as good a player as Kobe is. That's all there is to it. Same goes for Melo, Wade, etc. etc.

You finally admit it then? :)

teecee

Q
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2009, 09:41:41 AM »

When did I say anything to the contrary?  All i said is Kobe has the luxury of a great team behind him to step up when he can't be superman all the time (as no superstar can be)

Quit arguing with yourself

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2009, 12:21:18 PM »

Of course LeBron draws double teams...but he's as good a player as Kobe is. That's all there is to it. Same goes for Melo, Wade, etc. etc.

You finally admit it then? :)

NOT as good...LOL. what a horrible fuck up on my part.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2009, 01:10:01 PM »
Kobe has a bad game and everyone says he's a choker.  What idiots fail to realize is that no player, not Kobe, LeBron, Jordan, West, or whoever was able to step up ever time it was needed.
A win is a win, you can say what you want but his team is up 3-1. The problem I see is people say "He's no Jordan" like it's a knock on Kobe, but nobody will ever be Jordan. If you don't like him personally or you think the commentators give him too much love that's fine, but don't try to tear him down like he isn't a great player. His pass to Gasol to cut the lead to 3 was ridiculous, and there's no doubt that the attention he draws gives his teammates better looks. Most people want to hit the game-winning shots, but a win is the ultimate goal.
I got a bird's eye view