Author Topic: "Kobe doesn't pull off late-game heroics this time"  (Read 1317 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: "Kobe doesn't pull off late-game heroics this time"
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2009, 01:15:29 PM »
Kobe has a bad game and everyone says he's a choker.  What idiots fail to realize is that no player, not Kobe, LeBron, Jordan, West, or whoever was able to step up ever time it was needed.
A win is a win, you can say what you want but his team is up 3-1. The problem I see is people say "He's no Jordan" like it's a knock on Kobe, but nobody will ever be Jordan. If you don't like him personally or you think the commentators give him too much love that's fine, but don't try to tear him down like he isn't a great player. His pass to Gasol to cut the lead to 3 was ridiculous, and there's no doubt that the attention he draws gives his teammates better looks. Most people want to hit the game-winning shots, but a win is the ultimate goal.

Kobe is so good that people expect him never to miss in the clutch.

if he does miss, they completely ignore all the other things he does to dominate the game, cuz they're so shocked that he's not scoring. LOL

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2009, 01:35:10 PM »
Kobe has a bad game and everyone says he's a choker.  What idiots fail to realize is that no player, not Kobe, LeBron, Jordan, West, or whoever was able to step up ever time it was needed.

Whats funny to me is that its Lebron fans saying that shit. Lebron hit 1 game winner. I haven't forgot about all the times he needed Daniel Gibson, Danyell Marshall, and even Larry "40 Percent" Hughes to bail him out in the clutch.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2009, 01:35:50 PM »
As for next year's Finals, it's far from a guarantee it will be Lakers-Celtics. The Lakers have a great foundation even if they lose Odom or Ariza (losing both would hurt but I'm sure they could find someone to do alright off the bench and have Walton start). The Celtics will be depending on KG to come back 100% and they have a lot of role players set up for free agency. The Cavs, Spurs, Nuggets and Magic should all be contenders next year because they don't have any big losses.
I got a bird's eye view