Author Topic: Hollingers All Time Greatest Franchise's (NBA)  (Read 626 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Hollingers All Time Greatest Franchise's (NBA)
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2009, 05:40:09 PM »
making the Lakers #1 is like putting the Cardinals ahead of the Yankees for the best MLB team ever LOL

gotta go with the most titles, not a team that's below .500 in NBA finals appearances

you even read his article, he justified it quite well. I even quoted it.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 06:37:02 PM »
i would have put the bulls above the spurs, there's no reason why they should be above them. i'd also put philly above phoenix and probably san antonio as well.  then i'd probably put the spurs next then houston

lol why?

He is rating teams based on their entire history in the league. The Bulls greatness is mostly limited to the 90's. 

The Spurs as a franchise...

-4 Championships
-Only former ABA team to win a Championship
-3rd Highest Winning percentage in NBA all time
-2nd Highest Winning percentage in NBA Finals history
-Have only missed the playoffs 4 times in team history
-Up until this year, they had the most division titles (16) out of any team in the league during their existence (32 yrs).  Lakers were second with 15, but tied them this year.
-Have made the playoffs 19 of the last 20 yrs, only missing one year when Robinson was injured during the season (the year that got them the #1 pick in the draft, and Duncan).

there is a reason he says they are "comfortably" in the 3rd spot.

i think all that is fine and dandy but it goes back to his point that put the lakers over the celtics. the intangibles.

having jordan within youur franchise within that many years.....counts for a whole whole lot to me. there's michael jordan, and then there's the rest of the league's history. that's a huge intangible right there. also winning how they did  is a huge intangible as well. i mean there's all time greats out there without rings because of them. the only time other teams were allowed to win championships was when jordan retired. the only other franchise to be able to make that claims in the 60's celtics.

to me , until duncan got there, then later on parker and ginobli....the spurs were always a team like the jazz or the suns. then  to me they never really won, except once, when the league was at it's most competitive.  yeah they have 4 but when i look the list of all time franchises though i still don't see them at 3 though.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2009, 06:41:24 PM »
making the Lakers #1 is like putting the Cardinals ahead of the Yankees for the best MLB team ever LOL

gotta go with the most titles, not a team that's below .500 in NBA finals appearances

they're not below.500

and the lakers and celtics are within 2 championships of each other, meaning that there's more in between  to eclipse that . the lakers' all time big man line up includes the best great big man in every era. they have the logo, and the best pg in there as well.

the cards are NOT even a tenth of the organization the lakers are....maybe if you combined the cards, dodgers, a's, and red sox you'd have a more accurate comparison.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2009, 07:45:50 PM »
i would have put the bulls above the spurs, there's no reason why they should be above them. i'd also put philly above phoenix and probably san antonio as well.  then i'd probably put the spurs next then houston

lol why?

He is rating teams based on their entire history in the league. The Bulls greatness is mostly limited to the 90's. 

The Spurs as a franchise...

-4 Championships
-Only former ABA team to win a Championship
-3rd Highest Winning percentage in NBA all time
-2nd Highest Winning percentage in NBA Finals history
-Have only missed the playoffs 4 times in team history
-Up until this year, they had the most division titles (16) out of any team in the league during their existence (32 yrs).  Lakers were second with 15, but tied them this year.
-Have made the playoffs 19 of the last 20 yrs, only missing one year when Robinson was injured during the season (the year that got them the #1 pick in the draft, and Duncan).

there is a reason he says they are "comfortably" in the 3rd spot.

i think all that is fine and dandy but it goes back to his point that put the lakers over the celtics. the intangibles.

having jordan within youur franchise within that many years.....counts for a whole whole lot to me. there's michael jordan, and then there's the rest of the league's history. that's a huge intangible right there. also winning how they did  is a huge intangible as well. i mean there's all time greats out there without rings because of them. the only time other teams were allowed to win championships was when jordan retired. the only other franchise to be able to make that claims in the 60's celtics.

to me , until duncan got there, then later on parker and ginobli....the spurs were always a team like the jazz or the suns. then  to me they never really won, except once, when the league was at it's most competitive.  yeah they have 4 but when i look the list of all time franchises though i still don't see them at 3 though.

thats good, because youre wrong  ;)
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2009, 08:38:40 PM »

they're not below.500

and the lakers and celtics are within 2 championships of each other, meaning that there's more in between  to eclipse that . the lakers' all time big man line up includes the best great big man in every era. they have the logo, and the best pg in there as well.

the cards are NOT even a tenth of the organization the lakers are....maybe if you combined the cards, dodgers, a's, and red sox you'd have a more accurate comparison.

WRONG

lakers are 14-17 in 31 appearances

about to go 15-17 my friend

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Rick McCrank

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2009, 08:56:29 PM »
it's their 30th appearance

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2009, 09:29:42 PM »

they're not below.500

WRONG

lakers are 14-17 in 31 appearances

about to go 15-17 my friend

we have 15 titles. :-* 16 after this one...

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2009, 10:01:21 PM »
non NBA titles don't count

and 17 >15 or 14
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2009, 10:15:04 PM »

and 17 >15 or 14

our titles mean more, because their were more teams when we won em...what dont u get about that? LOL

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2009, 11:15:49 PM »

and 17 >15 or 14

our titles mean more, because their were more teams when we won em...what dont u get about that? LOL

lol this argument will go nowhere. I can see both of your points. Celtics with more titles, but it IS harder to win when there are more teams.  Who gives a shit, its kind of a toss up.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"