Author Topic: PItsburgh Penguins 2009 Stanley cup Champions Thread  (Read 569 times)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: PItsburgh Penguins 2009 Stanley cup Champions Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2009, 06:28:25 PM »
teams like Edmonton were in the finals, not truly the best teams in the league...
Fuck you Mitchy you french bastard my Oilers deserved to be there  ;D

ahahahahhahahahahahahhahahaha

i was rooting for them to win the cup tho

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2009, 09:14:04 PM »
Hold on a second. No one is comparing Crosby to Lindros talent wise. I hate Lindros. He's a bitch. The comparison was that Golden Boy one day, nobody's hero the next for Lindros and how if Canada ever had a new classier star than Crosby that Crosby would no longer get the protection and be able to get massacred on the ice like Lindros did. Wayne wouldn't have lasted 4 seasons if guys were allowed to Scott Stevens him a few times a month. And that's not a secret conspiracy. Junior A players had come forward decades ago about how they would be told to go easy on Wayne by their own coaches. And Wayne wasn't the first either.

Anyway, watch the celebration again from last year. No one waited that long for Lindstrom. And who are you talking about from the Wings? You mean to tell me that Stevie Y snubbed the line up?

Finally, the Wings did not deserve to win this series. I never said otherwise. And I don't even feel it like I usually do when my team loses in any sport. They played like bums in games 4, 6 and 7 and deserved to lose all three. My anger comes from the notion that Pittsburgh didn't play any better, except for the fact that they always kept a guy back and never gave the puck away when it counted. If the Wings were outplayed I'd be much more upset, but I'd admit they were outplayed. They weren't. They beat themselves and had it in the bag but fucked it up. I can't imagine Detroit winning a single 7 game series against any team, even my hometown shitty Leafs if they played the way they did in this series (except for game 5).

And just in case anyone still thinks Syd Kid isn't a bitch;

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2009, 10:57:03 PM »
^^ whats your point with that footage? its hockey they all do it? i dont get yoour point here with Crosby, you just a hater seriously.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2009, 07:24:01 AM »
^^ whats your point with that footage? its hockey they all do it? i dont get yoour point here with Crosby, you just a hater seriously.

I don't like the kid. He's a bitch. And I thought that before the series this year, and before the series last year. A classless bum but he's the only kid we got left here so Canadian media has to push him for now.

And no, everyone does does rabbit punch defenseless players already in a fight with someone else and then attack the groin. Only whiny bitches do.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2009, 09:09:26 AM »
Whats so bad about him tho seriously???

He is a guy who trains hard, lives wit his mentor, plays hockey with his kids, yuo dont hear him getting liquored up at clubs..

i mean what you dont like his clean image.

Personaly im tired of the bad boy image, the guy who partys all the time this and that.. sure i like a guy with a edge i dont dislike them its refreshing specialy in hockey but.. Its very refreshing to see a guy like i said work hard and look like he takes his career very serioulsy.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2009, 09:18:41 AM »

He is a guy who trains hard, lives wit his mentor, plays hockey with his kids, yuo dont hear him getting liquored up at clubs..

Personaly im tired of the bad boy image, the guy who partys all the time this and that.. sure i like a guy with a edge i dont dislike them its refreshing specialy in hockey but.. Its very refreshing to see a guy like i said work hard and look like he takes his career very serioulsy.

He's a little princess who nags like a baby everytime something doesn't go his way, acts like brat when it does, and rushes guys from behind in a fight while keeping his gloves on protect his princess hands and then punches them in the back of the head while their face first into the ground, and you're asking me what's so bad about him? The worst of it all is he never gets called on like he should. Brasheer pulls the same shit in that brawl and he'd be supsended for a year.

I really hope this Tavares kid blows up so Syd the Kid can go away. And I mean in the Canadian media as the saviour of Hockey.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2009, 11:25:17 AM »
How old are you? IM not asking as a diss but if you go look at old games of wayne gretzky or Mario Lemieux these guys would compain like craaazy to the refs im not playin.

As far as protecting or taking shots... yes Gretzky and Lemieux dint do that but look times are different , no one touched gretzky so he dint have too, Crosby has no choice..

And you know 99 got points when he wasent even on the ice right??? NOw how is that?

teecee

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2009, 11:51:25 AM »

He's a little princess who nags like a baby everytime something doesn't go his way, acts like brat when it does, and rushes guys from behind in a fight while keeping his gloves on protect his princess hands and then punches them in the back of the head while their face first into the ground, and you're asking me what's so bad about him? The worst of it all is he never gets called on like he should. Brasheer pulls the same shit in that brawl and he'd be supsended for a year.

I really hope this Tavares kid blows up so Syd the Kid can go away. And I mean in the Canadian media as the saviour of Hockey.

Crosby was a whiner the first year, just like Gretzky was.  BUt now he is captain, and it is HIS job to talk to the refs.  And is he the ONLY player who wines?  

Ever heard of Chelios?  He was the WING who would not shake hands....

Anyway, its obvious you dislike Crosby partly for the fact he is shoved down our throats as Canadians.  True, he is.  BUt how can you deny what he has accomplished since he came in the league?  He is only 21 years old?  He's younger than that "young" newcomer on the Wings, Helm.  

Did Crosby hit your girl Shallow? ;)  Its all good, but you seem to REALLY hate the guy.  

Anyway:

watched the video of both years. pens sat patiently in 08 waiting, sat patiently, did the hand shake, saluted the crowd, and left as a team.

09, lidstrom and veteran wings leave the ice after just 2 minutes, some players such as Hossa decide not to follow Lidstrom and Drapers lead in running away and wait. Sidney shows up for hand shakes not even 4 minutes after the final whistle.  Last year the handshakes started at 3:40. 

REally, as much as he is loved, Crosby is hated, and peeps are just trying to make him look bad.  
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 11:53:56 AM by teecee »

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2009, 03:12:46 PM »
I dont get it, because hes good, clean image it seems people wanna briing him down.

teecee

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2009, 03:16:43 PM »
I dont get it, because hes good, clean image it seems people wanna briing him down.

Ya, its actually quite weird.  Crosbny haters aer abundant, yet there are way bigger whiners, divers, etc in the league.  I think its because Crosby is shoved down Canadians throats, but if you leave all that aside and just think about what he does on the ice, its extremely impressive.

I remember halfway through Yzerman's career, he decided (in his own words) to become a complete player and worry less about the offensive end.  Crosby has already done that- if anything, he is mature beyond his years.  He isn't the most skilled player in the league, or even on his own team, but he may be the best player in the league. 

Lunatic

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2009, 03:19:40 PM »
It's simple with the Crosby hate..same way in every sense of entertainment..compare it to Hip-Hop, 50 Cent was most hated when he was at the top..now Lil Wayne is, and he's fuckin hated..the ones who receive the most SUCCESS have the most haters, always.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2009, 09:22:50 PM »
MTL, no one is taking personal attacks at you. The only personal attacks were by Crosby to the back of that guy's head. He could have ended that guy's career with that shit. Yes Wayne and Mario were babies when they started. There's no way around that. You get what you want when you want your whole life it takes while to learn, but as the Captain's of their team, and as the face of Hockey they made sure they were at the front of their teams during the handshakes (maybe not THE first guy but with the team). Why? Because in Canada we don't tolerate anything less, unless you're the only Canadian mega star in an era dominated by Europeans. That's what I hate the most. The media protection of this kid's blatant disrespect. If all he did was whine a bit and not get hit that's fine. But he wants to be a tough guy when no one is allowed to touch him and then he wants to jump around the entire time the rest of his team is shaking hands. And take credit for a win in a series he was useless in. Like I said, Hossa stays and Guerin, Satan, Gill etc never come and it's Wings vs Hurricanes. The young guns were not the reason the Pens went this far. It was the old vets. But the Canadian media is trying to create a hero and role model and this kid isn't it. Not yet anyway.

teecee, fuck Chelios. He's not the Captain or the face of the team. He's an old coot who can do whatever he wants. If Stevie Y did some shit like that then you'd have a case. But Steve was all class. Chelios is a goon. If you're best argument is comparing Crosby to Chelios you don't have much of an argument. This kid is enjoying the benefits of being thrusted into the Hockey hierarchy because Canada's got no one else and he's taking advantage of it, and I just want these goofs to call a spade a spade. When he fucks up and does something like almost kill a guy by rabbit punching him as he's face down on the ice, he needs to be put through the ringer. You ignore that shit enough and you risk creating a monster and someone could reallt get hurt. And I respect this sport too much to get behind a punk like Syd Crosby when he keeps getting passes.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2009, 11:22:46 PM »
MTL, no one is taking personal attacks at you.

Never said so..

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2009, 07:19:27 AM »
So then what does this mean?

How old are you? IM not asking as a diss but

You asked me how old I was then you seemed to clarify that you are not dissing. How am I supposed to see that as anything other than an insult and clarification?

teecee

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2009, 07:37:31 AM »
So then what does this mean?

How old are you? IM not asking as a diss but

You asked me how old I was then you seemed to clarify that you are not dissing. How am I supposed to see that as anything other than an insult and clarification?

He was just wondering if you were old enough to remember a certain time, etc.

Anyway, you really think that the Canes woulda made the final?  Be real man.   The CAPITALS woulda beat the Canes easy- did you watch the Caps-Pens series?  A classic, and the most hard fought series of the playoffs (along with Wings and Ducks).  To say the young guns didn't do shit is plain stupid, so I have to call you out on that.   Crosby had more goals in ONE series then Holmstrom, Hossa, and Datsyuk in the entire playoffs!  IT was EPIC...

Talbot, Malkin, Crosby, Fleury, Stall= equal "young guns"

If they aren't the reason the Pens won the Cup, then you officially don't know shit. ;)  Ask the Wings what they thought of Talbot and STall in the finals.  They played better then nearly every Wings forward not named Zetterberg.  Malkin had 8 points, and Crosby played a good two way game but was mostly kept off the score sheet due to a great game plan from the Wings.

You almost sound like NIK with all of this"media" bullshit!  Oh well, its all good, your team lost.  Besides, you are a hockey fan so that is all good in my book. 

Shallow, do you have a personal vendetta against every hockey player who has made a dirty play in their career?  Crosby, overall, is far from dirty so to single him out is kinda laughable really.  "Almost killed a guy" is the best part.  Quit reaching.  Does it have something to do with the fact that his team beat your team?! 

Your team is the WINGS man.  Best organization in hockey.  Gonna have mad chances to win the Cup so don't worry so much Crosby.