Author Topic: PItsburgh Penguins 2009 Stanley cup Champions Thread  (Read 576 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: PItsburgh Penguins 2009 Stanley cup Champions Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2009, 09:42:15 PM »
A lesser team tho?? realy ? I mean i think these two teams are pretty equal  since detroit won last year, pitsburgh this year... will see if they showdown next year.

And why cant the Nhl open with a Detroit Vs Pitsburgh prime time game on say a wensday night top kick off the Nhl season .. that would be great.

On paper they were equal. In reality Pit played their asses off and won by making very little mistakes while Detroit played sloppy in all but 1 game. It was simply out of character. Crosby and Malkin were shut down by strogn defense. Hossa, Zetterberg, Cleary, etc were shut down by themselves. You're Dan Cleary you have a breakaway on the goalie and all you do try and shove it in his pad? It was pathetic. I do think datsyuk was more injured than he let on and having him heallthy for game 3 may have been the series, but whatever. I'm still amped up for next year and I wouldn't be if I was a Pens fan. If Hossa leaves Cleary goes back to line 2 and Holmstrom goes back with Dat and Zet and that's the killer line right there. Datsyuk holds the puck with his stick handling and then either shoots or distributes to an open Zetterberg while Holmstrom's in front blocking the goalie. It's such an easy strategy I don't get why they strayed from it.

teecee

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2009, 10:16:24 PM »
A lesser team tho?? realy ? I mean i think these two teams are pretty equal  since detroit won last year, pitsburgh this year... will see if they showdown next year.

And why cant the Nhl open with a Detroit Vs Pitsburgh prime time game on say a wensday night top kick off the Nhl season .. that would be great.

On paper they were equal. In reality Pit played their asses off and won by making very little mistakes while Detroit played sloppy in all but 1 game. It was simply out of character. Crosby and Malkin were shut down by strogn defense. Hossa, Zetterberg, Cleary, etc were shut down by themselves. You're Dan Cleary you have a breakaway on the goalie and all you do try and shove it in his pad? It was pathetic. I do think datsyuk was more injured than he let on and having him heallthy for game 3 may have been the series, but whatever. I'm still amped up for next year and I wouldn't be if I was a Pens fan. If Hossa leaves Cleary goes back to line 2 and Holmstrom goes back with Dat and Zet and that's the killer line right there. Datsyuk holds the puck with his stick handling and then either shoots or distributes to an open Zetterberg while Holmstrom's in front blocking the goalie. It's such an easy strategy I don't get why they strayed from it.

Well, Datsyuk and Holmstrom sucked all playoffs, so its not =like it was a no brainer.  The idea was to spread the scoring around so that the WIngsPens and other teams can't focus on one line.  Much like how Malkin and Crosby don't play on hte same line.

Eiither way, if you lose in 7 in the final, you aren't the best team.  Maybe on paper, but they didn't play like it.  And DSatsyuk, besides the last two years, is a notorious playoff failure.  I know he was hurt, but still...

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2009, 10:41:47 PM »

Well, Datsyuk and Holmstrom sucked all playoffs, so its not =like it was a no brainer.  The idea was to spread the scoring around so that the WIngsPens and other teams can't focus on one line.  Much like how Malkin and Crosby don't play on hte same line.

Eiither way, if you lose in 7 in the final, you aren't the best team.  Maybe on paper, but they didn't play like it.  And DSatsyuk, besides the last two years, is a notorious playoff failure.  I know he was hurt, but still...

Weren't they on different lines all playoffs? The point is they showed up just last year playing together and after that horrible game 6 it was time to go back to what worked last year.

Either way, it's simple Detroit played poorly in game 7 by making bad passes and bad shots. Pit just couldn't do anything except capitalize on two giveaways. If Pit was setting up chance after chance and scored once or twice I'd give them their due, but scoring when given the puck infront of the net with no one else around and getting a clean break because Detroit moves up too many guys with out realizing no one is back is what you are supposed to do. If Talbot didn't score it'd have been a joke, like Cleary in game 6.

Pittsburgh in no way shape or form outplayed Detroit in that game. It's like winning a Football game 10-7 on a last minute TD made by the Defense off a mis-communicated lateral pass from the QB to no one, picked up by an LB and scoring a TD. Like the Miracle in the Meadowloands. All Detroit had to do was pace themselves a little and think before shooting and they would have won. Detroit beat themselves. And Hossa should be MVP.

teecee

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2009, 11:03:11 PM »

Weren't they on different lines all playoffs? The point is they showed up just last year playing together and after that horrible game 6 it was time to go back to what worked last year.

Either way, it's simple Detroit played poorly in game 7 by making bad passes and bad shots. Pit just couldn't do anything except capitalize on two giveaways. If Pit was setting up chance after chance and scored once or twice I'd give them their due, but scoring when given the puck infront of the net with no one else around and getting a clean break because Detroit moves up too many guys with out realizing no one is back is what you are supposed to do. If Talbot didn't score it'd have been a joke, like Cleary in game 6.

Pittsburgh in no way shape or form outplayed Detroit in that game. It's like winning a Football game 10-7 on a last minute TD made by the Defense off a mis-communicated lateral pass from the QB to no one, picked up by an LB and scoring a TD. Like the Miracle in the Meadowloands. All Detroit had to do was pace themselves a little and think before shooting and they would have won. Detroit beat themselves. And Hossa should be MVP.

Detroit didn't play their best, I will give you that?  But dfont think for  a second that was Pitssburgh's best either, especially if you watched them play through the playoffs. Malkin was average after the first few games, and Crosby couldn't buy a goal. 

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2009, 11:35:19 PM »
I love it such a great debate compared to previous years when teams like Edmonton, carolina were in the finals, not truly the best teams in the league...

the last 2 years we had the best of the best.

Even the year before ottawa vs Anaheim we can see was the two best teams at the time.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2009, 07:28:24 AM »

Detroit didn't play their best, I will give you that?  But dfont think for  a second that was Pitssburgh's best either, especially if you watched them play through the playoffs. Malkin was average after the first few games, and Crosby couldn't buy a goal. 

My point is that Crosby and Malkin were shut down by Detroit's defense. They had no room to move. It's not like Crosby had breakways or got set up with the puck infront of the net and fucked up several times, like Cleary and Zetterberg did all series. Hossa was throwing the puck away, a lot of those blocked shots never should been shots in the first place. They should have held on to the puck a little more, looked around, and taaken advantage of easy goals that were set up perfectly and they didn't do that even one tenth of the time.

When Detroit lost to Jersey years ago I had no problem admitting they were outclassed and beaten by a better team. But Pit had about as much class as Sid did after the game by taking his time to shake hands with Lindstrom. He's a little punk and he'll never be Gretzky or Lemiuex. And once the NHL finds a new star and guys are allowed to rain on him like Lindros you'll see how much of the Great one he is.

teecee

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2009, 09:12:32 AM »
First off, Crosby has already accomplished more than Lindros, and shown far more class.

Shallow, being the big fan you are, I KNOW you watched the celebrations last year when the Pens WAITED FOR THE WINGS TO FINISH CELEBRATING before starting the handshake line. 

Whereas this year, Lidstrom and Draper and Maltby started the line literally 2 minutes after the Penguins got awarded the Cup.   

You tell me what was a classy move and what wasn't........

Besides, again, being the big fan you seem to be, and knowledgeable about hockey and its history (or at least the Wings), you would know there was a certain player on your own damn team, one who has playted in the league 20 something years who only a few years ago did not go through the line.

DOn't get caught up in that shit, use your own head.

Peace

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2009, 09:27:01 AM »
Who compared Lindros to Crosby lol

Edit : Lindros is the guy who dint wanna go to a last place team help and rebuild it to win a cup

CRosby IS the guy who went to a last place team and help rebuild to win a cup

When Lindros left... 2-3 years later Colorado won a cup lol

teecee

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2009, 10:37:33 AM »
Who compared Lindros to Crosby lol

Edit : Lindros is the guy who dint wanna go to a last place team help and rebuild it to win a cup

CRosby IS the guy who went to a last place team and help rebuild to win a cup

When Lindros left... 2-3 years later Colorado won a cup lol

Shallow mentioned Lindros.  He is obviously a little bitter that the Penguins won the CUp over his Wings.  He feels the Wings beat themselves.  Regardless, The Pens picked up 4 wins in the last 5 games.  Hardly a fluke.  If you don't play your best hockey when its on the line, you don't deserve to win. 

You are right Mtl, Crosby did exactly the opposite ofg what Lindros did ;)

Lunatic

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2009, 11:05:30 AM »
teams like Edmonton were in the finals, not truly the best teams in the league...
Fuck you Mitchy you french bastard my Oilers deserved to be there  ;D
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

teecee

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2009, 11:27:31 AM »
teams like Edmonton were in the finals, not truly the best teams in the league...

Oilers fan?  Me too.  THe team played so hard that year, maybe they weren't the most talented but damn did they give it their all.

Lunatic

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2009, 11:38:35 AM »

Oilers fan?  Me too.  THe team played so hard that year, maybe they weren't the most talented but damn did they give it their all.
Sure am! Leafs fan as well though. That was my favorite playoffs ever. We played unbelievable. What a run to make it so far. If we would have won, that DVD show casing our playoff run would have been epic  ;D
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2009, 11:58:11 AM »
Wat a Series!!! i dont watch NHL much but i got into this series. Pitt winning 3 of last 4 was amazing..such heart

The Best of 3 Worlds

teecee

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2009, 12:07:16 PM »
Wat a Series!!! i dont watch NHL much but i got into this series. Pitt winning 3 of last 4 was amazing..such heart

Ya, definitely a great series.   4 of last 5 by the way ;)

Wonder if the Magic have even HALF the heart the Pens had to win tonight?

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2009, 12:10:33 PM »

Ya, definitely a great series.   4 of last 5 by the way ;)

Wonder if the Magic have even HALF the heart the Pens had to win tonight?

my bad 4 of 5!! and after that 5-0 loss in gm 5 people thot they were done...Damn what heart

The Best of 3 Worlds