Author Topic: Boxing: Manny Pacquiao Vs. Miguel Cotto..... November 14th?  (Read 148 times)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
Re: Boxing: Manny Pacquiao Vs. Miguel Cotto..... November 14th?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 06:44:32 PM »
I know everybody wants to see Mayweather take on Pacquiao to settle the top pound-for-pound debate, but this should actually be a better fight to watch. Both of these guys like to brawl and Cotto is very tough to knockout, I don't know if Manny will be able to. Considering Mayweather's recent injury and postponed fight, it would be a while until he fights Pacquiao. Might as well make this one happen, I can envision this being the fight of the year.
I got a bird's eye view

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 06:57:43 PM »
Manny would put hands on Cotto too. If Miguel is not able to get a KO in the early rounds, forget it. And Cotto gets hit too much and tires quickly in the mid to late rounds. Manny's D the last 3 or 4 fights is vastly better. Action packed fight for the short time it would last.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 07:07:42 PM »
It's tough to call though, because Manny should be able to outlast Cotto, but Manny could get worn down by the body shots. Let's not forget, Cotto has only lost once, and Manny is a great puncher but doesn't have a size advantage or anything. I would expect this fight to last until the 10th round at least. Hope to see it happen.
I got a bird's eye view

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 07:12:06 PM »
It's tough to call though, because Manny should be able to outlast Cotto, but Manny could get worn down by the body shots. Let's not forget, Cotto has only lost once, and Manny is a great puncher but doesn't have a size advantage or anything. I would expect this fight to last until the 10th round at least. Hope to see it happen.

He did not have a size advantage against Hatton either lol. Very true Cotto has only lost once, but even the fight he has won in the past he took alot of punishment. Cotto will definitely have to attack the body to slow Manny down to have any chance.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 07:20:37 PM »
I know Pacquiao didn't have the size advantage over Hatton or De La Hoya and he dismantled those guys, but Cotto has a tough chin and it won't be easy. If anything, I can't see it being an early knockout. I think Manny takes it, but I see it being a very late-round KO or on the scorecards. Either way, I expect an entertaining brawl.
I got a bird's eye view

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 07:29:34 PM »
I know Pacquiao didn't have the size advantage over Hatton or De La Hoya and he dismantled those guys, but Cotto has a tough chin and it won't be easy. If anything, I can't see it being an early knockout. I think Manny takes it, but I see it being a very late-round KO or on the scorecards. Either way, I expect an entertaining brawl.

I like how Freddie Roach has trained Manny. He has evolved quickly from all that brawling he did early in his career. He has added a very nice jab that sets up his hooks perfectly and he is a underrated counter puncher. You just can't rush in a brawl Manny anymore. That was a HUGE mistake that Hatton made. And Manny is using his footspeed to side step alot more fighters coming in to mix it up and he is counter punching them especially in corners. That is what made the Marquez fights so close was his desire to mix it up, now he picks and chooses his spots much better. And he is carrying the punching power he had at featherweight up to jr welterweight. Alot of people did not think that would happen either. He has got a good if not the best trainer right now and a hell of a nutrition trainer as well. Like you said, Cotto has to attack the body and establish the jab early to set up his gameplan to have any shot in this fight.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 07:34:19 PM »
New Rumor..
Manny Steward showing alot of interest in picking up Cotto, To be his new trainer.
Also Cotto say's he will fight in NOV regardless of the doctor's saying that 5 month's is not enough to properly heal his wound.
(Cut on eye)

144/145lbs catchweight is still the proposal, But nothing is set yet.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 07:40:17 PM »
New Rumor..
Manny Steward showing alot of interest in picking up Cotto, To be his new trainer.
Also Cotto say's he will fight in NOV regardless of the doctor's saying that 5 month's is not enough to properly heal his wound.
(Cut on eye)

144/145lbs catchweight is still the proposal, But nothing is set yet.

Interesting. Steward could help Cotto out alot.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 10:42:58 AM »
Cotto definetely has the size advantage, as with all of Mannys fights as of late it seems lol.  I dont know if Mannys quickness might be too much for Cotto to handle. His in and out style is difficult for boxers to time, not to mention, his best weapon...the straight left is gonna do damage to Cotto. He cant defend anything up the middle.  Cotto has those vicious body shots, but i dont think he'll be able to land them like he'll want to. I think Manny will take him.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"