Author Topic: Mos Def to sell current album on t-shirts  (Read 157 times)

GangstaBoogy

Mos Def to sell current album on t-shirts
« on: June 19, 2009, 12:40:34 PM »
New marketing ideas are rare in hip-hop these days but of course innovator Mos Def is bringing the creativity to the marketing campaign of his current album “The Ecstatic.” The album has already been released but in a new twist Mos Def has partnered with clothing company LnA which owns the Invisible DJ Music Tee to further push the album.

Basically, Mos Def’s next album will literally be sold through a t-shirt. The shirt will have “The Ecstatic” album cover on the front, track listing on the back and will include a special download code to download the entire album. Buy the shirt…get the album. Crazy thing is according to HipHopDX, SoundScan is going to count the t-shirt as an album sale. Sounds pretty cool…unless the shirt is ridiculously expensive.

Dope idea IMO. What do you think?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Mos Def to sell current album on t-shirts
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 12:43:00 PM »
that's the gayest thing I've ever heard

just give them a t-shirt and CD
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Elano

Re: Mos Def to sell current album on t-shirts
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 12:44:08 PM »
New marketing ideas are rare in hip-hop these days but of course innovator Mos Def is bringing the creativity to the marketing campaign of his current album “The Ecstatic.” The album has already been released but in a new twist Mos Def has partnered with clothing company LnA which owns the Invisible DJ Music Tee to further push the album.

Basically, Mos Def’s next album will literally be sold through a t-shirt. The shirt will have “The Ecstatic” album cover on the front, track listing on the back and will include a special download code to download the entire album. Buy the shirt…get the album. Crazy thing is according to HipHopDX, SoundScan is going to count the t-shirt as an album sale. Sounds pretty cool…unless the shirt is ridiculously expensive.

Dope idea IMO. What do you think?

its a nice idea,something different at least