Author Topic: Paid The Cost... - Potential 5/5 - Classic  (Read 754 times)

Woodrow

Re:Paid The Cost... - Potential 5/5 - Classic
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2002, 04:21:12 PM »
Your right Paid The Cost is a classic

Penthouse Players Clique - Paid The Cost.

LMAO

zzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wow...

Just cause DJ Quik and the Penthouse playerz clique came up with the name first (from james brown in 1992) dosen't mean it's boring...

You need to be less bitter and more open minded...

JAE is right, that album is a classic...

Check your self

P.S. Phuk U 2
« Last Edit: October 20, 2002, 04:29:07 PM by Engel-Rock »

teecee

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2002, 04:45:13 PM »
The Penthouse album is dope, near classic i would say...........

As for new Snoops album, no way it will be 5/5 or a  classic?  Some people just don't know what it takes for a classic........i mean, you could have an album full of pretty good songs (probably like Snoops album) but it doesn't mean it will be close to classic.  Look at Last Meal.......not even close to classic IMO, although it was a really dope album.  There is a huge difference between 4/5 or 4.5 and 5/5....

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2002, 05:12:06 PM »
i think snoops new album probably is gonna be better than both stillmatic and the blueprint witch both are almot considered as classics

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2002, 05:14:29 PM »
WHo's buying it tho....since yall already heard the whole fucken lp...and have had it for over 6 months now..

Where's the fucken surprise at!!!
It's already Dead at birth....Ripper's alredy killed it.
A guaranteed loss of sales for sure.

Then peep's wonder why the Fuck The west don't come up anymore....lol
Because peep's can't wait to get their fucken greasy hand's on it, The West get's majorly bootlegged and bumped before the actual lp even comes close to a Real drop date.

I would love for them to make cd's un-Ripp-able to see what most of the internet fuck's do....

guess they might actualy have to buy a cd... :'(

ImO
Hatesrats 2oo2

It may not be classic....or new to yall, but it will be bought by me regadless.....of anyone's opinion's.
I got my own mind.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2002, 05:21:54 PM by Hatesrats »

King-Suge

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 1000 plus posts under my belt..Its GOOD to be King
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2002, 05:16:32 PM »
The King can only take so much.  Lets lock this up folks..the album HASNT dropped so why oh why are yall rating it.?
I only gave you the crown, so I could shoot it off your fucking head-Suge

Refer to me as your highness or dont refer at all

The King is Eddie Winslow/Youre a modern day Urkel/Ill throw you in the pool and hide your pink snorkel.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2002, 05:21:42 PM »
Where's the fucken surprise at!!!

I like getting a new album without hearing anything on it (or very little).

I haven't downloaded any advances, and stayed away from the threads concerning this album.  Only heard "From The Chuuurch To The Palace" and "Paper'd Up".  Those are the only songs I've even heard of so far.

serv-on

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2002, 05:22:25 PM »
Well if the source gives scarface 5 mics (which is ridiculous) then snoop can have 15 mics.

But for real, the tracks that i heard from the advance releases were tight but not incredible. Only 2 tracks that i really bumped were "time goes on" and "you like doing it to". IMO "time goes on" would be a ten times better single then "from the chuch to the palace". But it's pretty obvious that snoop wants to fill his pockets by going mainstream with a neptunes produced track. To bad for snoop that the beat ain't worth shit. But you never know, maybe the britney spears kids will like the song and will make it sell anyways.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2002, 05:30:54 PM »
I like getting a new album without hearing anything on it (or very little).

I haven't downloaded any advances, and stayed away from the threads concerning this album.  Only heard "From The Chuuurch To The Palace" and "Paper'd Up".  Those are the only songs I've even heard of so far.

Word Up...I'm the same way.
Only lp I've downloaded recently was the KNoc advance, but that was only after they announced it was never gonna see the light of day.. :'(
Prop's to Jome.....for hookin me up wit those unreleased track's and freestyles Knoc did.

And Prop's to C2....for still feeling cd's when they drop.

OnE
Hatesrats 2oo2

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2002, 05:30:57 PM »
Your right Paid The Cost is a classic

Penthouse Players Clique - Paid The Cost.

LMAO

zzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wow...

Just cause DJ Quik and the Penthouse playerz clique came up with the name first (from james brown in 1992) dosen't mean it's boring...

You need to be less bitter and more open minded...

JAE is right, that album is a classic...

Check your self

P.S. Phuk U 2

he didnt answer my question.. he were being sarcastic... i didnt find it funny

JAE

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2002, 06:53:40 PM »
I was being sarcastic? I was being completly serious. Check the title. You said "Paid The Cost Ptential 5/5 classic" How was I suppost to know you ment snoop ;D

PS. Check "Undaground Boss" and see the James Brown sample. Looks like Snoopy is late with his unoriginal title.

PPS. Good one with the Phuk U 2 Englewood :D

LIL GUY

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2002, 07:26:02 PM »
STOP with the classic shit.  you cant say a album is a classic after 1 or 2 listen's.  after about 4 years if you can pop that album in and still feel 95% of the album than it's a classic in your mind.  everybody got different taste.  who the fuck are we to this is dope this is wack.  If you feel its a classic than damnit its a classic to you.  I was listening to the last meal the other day, I did not feel damn near anything on there.  That don't mean that the album is wack for everybody.  I think doggfather was near classic(too many songs about nothing)  but I know a lot of people that like the album.  

I think paid the cost will be a good album.  I like "boss playa" and the Intro, and the one wit redman.  All you really need for a bangin ass album is 5 heaters, and some good songs around it.  Paid the cost will have some sorry songs.  I hate suited and booted i dont see what y'll like in this song, the beat is terrible, and the hook is trash, but one song aint gon fuck up the album.

btw what song is "I believe in you" is it on the advances if so what #.  If not where did ya'll hear it.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2002, 07:30:43 PM »

btw what song is "I believe in you" is it on the advances if so what #.  If not where did ya'll hear it.

its the song wit LaToiya Williams

LIL GUY

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2002, 07:44:53 PM »
damn chillah I guess I dont have that one.  what is the song about, is the beat cool, or something he should leave off?

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2002, 09:20:24 PM »
damn chillah I guess I dont have that one.  what is the song about, is the beat cool, or something he should leave off?

If the Traclist iz real the song might be the next single (Snoop said thhat LaToiya Wiliiams will be in songs that will be single)

the beat iz tight its like a love song produced by Hi tek it reminds me alot of the song "round & round (remix) " by Jonell & Method Man

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2002, 09:44:11 PM »

hey chillah do u mind hookin me up wit that song dogg cuz i dont' think i've heard it yet either?

If the Traclist iz real the song might be the next single (Snoop said thhat LaToiya Wiliiams will be in songs that will be single)

the beat iz tight its like a love song produced by Hi tek it reminds me alot of the song "round & round (remix) " by Jonell & Method Man