Author Topic: Spurs trade Oberto, Bowen and K. Thomas to Bucks for Richard Jefferson!!  (Read 892 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

funny how some call people "Laker haters" but then make silly comments about the Spurs NOT being contenders with this pickup LOL!  The Spurs won over 50 games again last year, if healthy it very well would have been around 60.  We had a shitty playoffs, but this is exactly what everybody out there was saying we needed. An athletic guy who could get to the rim, and shoot the three. A guy who can average 20 ppg easily if needed.  Virtually every NBA analyst covering this trade has said this puts the Spurs up with the Lakers in the West, or just below depending on who the Lakers lose.  Then you have idiots on here saying the Spurs will be a mid seeded team when they were 3rd in the West last year with the big three playing about 2/3's of the game together from injuries LOL.  Theres been arguments on ESPN about whether this makes the Spurs the team to beat in the West, or whether then Lakers need to match this trade.  Now, i dont believe anybody becomes the team to beat other then the defending champs, with the exception of something DRASTIC happening via free agency. So the Lakers are still the team to beat. BUT, if youre stupid enough to think this doesnt make the Spurs an instance contender then youre either more biased then we all already know...or a complete idiot when it comes to basketball. You chose.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

I don't know. Al Jefferson can score, but can he defend? And who will replace Thomas and Oberto?

Richard Jefferson

nice trade for the Spurs...

not trying to 'hate' but I don't think they can do much if Duncan continues to look weak

I looked at his numbers last year and they were fine, but watching him was a whole nother thing

every game I watched he looked like the old version of Dwight Howard in this years Finals

Duncan will be fine. He's just not the guy that looks to take it to the rim everytime anymore. He's more of a fascilitator for the offense. The double team typically comes his way and he can set up open jumpers or slashing smalls. Problem is, Manu was injured so much which left only Parker to slash to the middle. We had no smalls other then Parker that could really get in the lane with Manu out so much.  This trade takes a huge load off of the others. If they keep Manu, they can limit his minutes a little. He'll still be the 6th man. If they can manage to resign Gooden that would be huge also. I mean we'd be talking Duncan, Gooden, Jefferson, Mason, Parker as a starting 5?  Theyd need maybe another contributer off the bench. But theyd look pretty good.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
If Ginobili comes back at full strength they would probably have him come off the bench again right? That would be a solid rotation but I think they need a big man who can play good defense and rebound and have Gooden and/or Elson off the bench. It's laughable to write the Spurs off and say they are a bottom-seeded playoff team, but the gap between them and the Lakers is still noticable. Spurs are a top 4 in the West though, that should be easy to agree on.
I got a bird's eye view

Kool Beenz

y'all act like there isn't dick riding here in this section especially for the Lakers

of course Spurs are always the biggest threat in the West every year but a bunch of dumb fucks are scared to admit it and pretend they arent that good cus their is intimidation when it comes to the play offs

we have one of the best coaches ever, coaching one of the best teams
once this new team gets organized and knows how to play with eachother they are gonna kill it
we were just dysfunctional this last season

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The Spurs really, REALLY needed more athleticism, and they got it. They are going to be fine, only problem is the low basketball IQ with Gooden AND Jefferson in the starting line-up.

As for Ginobili... that nigga is way past his prime, they can't count on him anymore. Don't get your hopes up for him. I see him playing in Europe in 2 years.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

funny how some call people "Laker haters" but then make silly comments about the Spurs NOT being contenders with this pickup LOL!  The Spurs won over 50 games again last year, if healthy it very well would have been around 60.  We had a shitty playoffs, but this is exactly what everybody out there was saying we needed. An athletic guy who could get to the rim, and shoot the three. A guy who can average 20 ppg easily if needed.  Virtually every NBA analyst covering this trade has said this puts the Spurs up with the Lakers in the West, or just below depending on who the Lakers lose.  Then you have idiots on here saying the Spurs will be a mid seeded team when they were 3rd in the West last year with the big three playing about 2/3's of the game together from injuries LOL.  Theres been arguments on ESPN about whether this makes the Spurs the team to beat in the West, or whether then Lakers need to match this trade.  Now, i dont believe anybody becomes the team to beat other then the defending champs, with the exception of something DRASTIC happening via free agency. So the Lakers are still the team to beat. BUT, if youre stupid enough to think this doesnt make the Spurs an instance contender then youre either more biased then we all already know...or a complete idiot when it comes to basketball. You chose.

right...cuz the spurs are getting younger. LMAO....ROFL@"the team to beat"...wow, and you said I was a homer :grumpy:...the west is improving and yall were in desperation mode before this trade. lets see how it works out first before u start running your damn mouth. if you ask me, youll be lucky to catch a 4th seed the way the west is stacked...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

of course Spurs are always the biggest threat in the West every year

LMFAO

once this new team gets organized and knows how to play with eachother they are gonna kill it

LOL, wtf? weren't you a Lakers/Rockets fan last season?? :-X Horrible, homie.

right...cuz the spurs are getting younger. LMAO....ROFL@"the team to beat"...wow, and you said I was a homer :grumpy:...the west is improving and yall were in desperation mode before this trade. lets see how it works out first before u start running your damn mouth. if you ask me, youll be lucky to catch a 4th seed the way the west is stacked...PeACe

Are u stupid? I didnt call the Spurs the team to beat. I just said the argument has been made by various analysts ever since the trade.  I said the Lakers are still the team to beat unless something absolutely crazy happens during the off-season. I was just showing how stupid it is to say they arent one of the top teams in the West just because you dont want them to be lol.

of course Spurs are always the biggest threat in the West every year

LMFAO

LOL, wtf? weren't you a Lakers/Rockets fan last season?? :-X Horrible, homie.

AG jumps back and forth a lot lol but usually between Texas teams.

Kool Beenz

^^ exactly
i hated the Rockets till Artest joined
and i wasent a Lakers fan last season cus they disappointed me when they played the Celtics but they redeemed themselves

im just a fan of basketball not one individual team

Now_Im_Not_Banned

^^ exactly
and i wasent a Lakers fan last season cus they disappointed me when they played the Celtics but they redeemed themselves

then you cant say "we" when talkin about a team..

as for the Spurs, they'll be good, but they still need another piece to truly compete with the Lakers..thats all there is to it, homie.

^^ exactly

as for the Spurs, they'll be good, but they still need another piece to truly compete with the Lakers..thats all there is to it, homie.

if they keep Gooden then itll be

Spurs

Duncan
Gooden
Mason
Jefferson
Parker

Lakers
Bynum
Gasol
Odom
Bryant
Fisher

Thats a pretty even matchup man. As of now, you guys have the deeper bench. But we have a bigger impact player on the bench with Ginobli (if he stays healthy).  Not to mention, there is no guarantee you guys will be able to keep both Ariza and Odom.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
I have to agree with NIK however I will say that if  Parker, Manu and Duncan stay healthy for the playoffs with Jefferson then they will be close to the Lakers but yeah they probably need 1 more player.

DIP DIP SET SET

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
^^ exactly

Spurs

Duncan
Gooden
Mason
Jefferson
Parker

Lakers
Bynum
Gasol
Odom
Bryant
Fisher

Thats a pretty even matchup man. As of now, you guys have the deeper bench. But we have a bigger impact player on the bench with Ginobli (if he stays healthy).  Not to mention, there is no guarantee you guys will be able to keep both Ariza and Odom.
Why list Manu on the bench and not Odom? They will both be bench players next season (assuming Odom resigns).

^^ exactly

Spurs

Duncan
Gooden
Mason
Jefferson
Parker

Lakers
Bynum
Gasol
Odom
Bryant
Fisher

Why list Manu on the bench and not Odom? They will both be bench players next season (assuming Odom resigns).

true enough. But for the sake of comparison on my post, he actually makes your starting 5 appear stronger. So moving him to the bench, would only help my argument. lol Thanks though.  :cheers: