Author Topic: DJ QUIK KURUPT SALES  (Read 2012 times)

snopafly

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: DJ QUIK KURUPT SALES
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 06:01:40 AM »
why are everybody so surprised, its a independent album, almost didt get any promo at all.. + its a average album ..   

12000 its not so bad when you count all that in..

Almost every mainstream album get first week sales off 40000-60000 these days.

We live in a digital age where people are buying more songs/records and album are just getting leaked 2 weeks before realease.. Most people are just seaching dj quik click click , album downloaded.
This site are no different everytime a "the game" album or  snoop dogg album coming, everybody is like "where can i download the album"!!!!! or "is it leaked"!!! ..

we are in a digital age enough said, the nly ones thats surviving is the mainstream artist .

biggt

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2009, 07:45:52 AM »
 i like kurupt and i fucks wit quick a lil bit but the album was very weak
red and meth blackout2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>kurupt&quick blaQout!! plus no1 is really sellin albums like that unless u one of the heavy hitters

Jaydc555

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2009, 07:47:43 AM »
I find it funny how all the people on here who live in the past were hyping this album to be record of the year like its 96 and these artists were still good.Sure enough album was garbage

Blaqkout

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2009, 08:05:11 AM »
I find it funny how all the people on here who live in the past were hyping this album to be record of the year like its 96 and these artists were still good.Sure enough album was garbage

album was not garbage, quik had dope production that as usual goes largely ignored. he used chopped samples like kayne oh ohhh and schooled these down south producers on their own style. he had hey playa where he used a sample from a tv show and made it off the hook! he used classic quik sound on the 1st two songs and fuck yall, went a lil different on 9x outta 10... seriously what more do you want? this is one of the best albums to come out this year and people like you keep trashing it. ill take this album over a lil wayne album any day of the week

Jaydc555

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2009, 08:06:30 AM »
The album was trash with about 3 quality songs

Blaqkout

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2009, 09:15:30 AM »
The album was trash with about 3 quality songs

whats is a good album in your opinion?

Jaydc555

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2009, 09:20:06 AM »
A good album?Well lately to be honest they are hard to come by.I'd say kurupts first three solo albums are good.dogg food was amazing.Almost all of quiks catalog is good.The last album to come out that I really enjoyed was probably Joe budden padded room and doom born like this.As for westcoast I can't even recall the last good westcoast album.Lax was trash.Actually the jacka tear gas was good

Blaqkout

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2009, 09:48:14 AM »
thats the problem your stuck in the past. i love music from the past too, its classic, but i can tell you dont like anything new. quik has evolved his sound the same way dre has. they both keep elements that allow their sound to be distinguished but at the same time they modernize it. i like what quik did on this album. he had some dope beats on that cd but they were modern at the same time. you should really listen to the things he did on that album and you might appreciate it more. he managed in my opinion to balance his new style with classic quik at the same time.

Jaydc555

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2009, 09:54:41 AM »
I'm not stuck in the past at all.Its just shitty music.Both of these artist are well passed their prime.Kurupt can't say anything cohesive anymore and quiks production was bland and boring.It was beyond generic.Sorry but I'd rather listen to crooked I and g Malone and nipsey and cashis and bishop over kurupt and quik in 2009.That's because I'm not stuck in the past.I like the music being made by todays artists.Problem is none of them release albums.Instead we get albums like this a or a new daz that just sounds like they aren't even trying to make good music.

Blaqkout

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2009, 10:50:29 AM »
thats your opinion cuz there are a lotta people that would also agree this album is dope. kurupt is lyrically on point on this album over dope quik beats. this album is way better than any other album so far in 2009

Jaydc555

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2009, 10:55:43 AM »
Where do you buy your crack from?lyrically on point?Dude is straight trash on this album.You can't even compare his weak rhymes to say slaughterhouse.That's going to be the album of the year

IF NOT ME THEN WHO

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2009, 11:29:39 AM »
dj quick still can spit slick shit but kurupt is over washed up and needs to be hung out to dry. that nigga dont be sayin shit. as a matter of fact he be saying a whole lotta nothing lol

Blaqkout

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2009, 12:59:12 PM »
you guys are amazing. people here complain there are no quality releases that come out nowadays and how music before was so much better, then a dope cd comes out and you guys trash it  ??? no wonder the west is dead right now with "fans" like you guys

Invincible

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2009, 01:04:09 PM »
this album is way better than any other album so far in 2009

Tha Blaqprint is a far superior album to this.

Mach3Bgc

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2009, 06:12:05 PM »
this album is way better than any other album so far in 2009

Tha Blaqprint is a far superior album to this.

...If that's the way you feel, then maybe you should consider postin that shit on a different forum.