Author Topic: Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, and now.....  (Read 644 times)

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
Re: Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, and now.....
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2009, 12:28:36 PM »
WOW. aint that a bitch. RIP to the greatest pitchman in history.

OchoCinco

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2009, 12:29:52 PM »
Damn, RIP.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2009, 12:30:14 PM »
lol

OK I feel terrible because last week when I was watching ESPN I saw one of his annoying advertisements and as I was annoyed I said to myself can this guy drop dead already and now look what happened.  I feel terrible
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Sikotic™

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2009, 12:45:52 PM »
why is lil wayne still here? lol
Because the good die young homie. This year, I've lost a lot of good family too. It's weird the way things work.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sikotic™

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2009, 12:48:44 PM »
Its kind of fucked up that people die everyday, yet its only a tragedy when a famous person dies.
Let's be real though. 95% of people in this world don't amount to shit and don't benefit/influence the world in any way. Most people are just a waste of life. Anytime when someone with talent dies or someone who made a contribution in the world passes away, we should be a little upset because there are more fuck ups brought into the world than good people.

Not to say Billy Mays was a saint or anything lol, but that's just how I look at it.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2009, 12:58:14 PM »
yeah but like you jus mentioned wayne is a waste of life, so he needs to go
id rather have mj be a fake gang banger and get that dope muzik he makes than anything from wayne lol

why is lil wayne still here? lol
Because the good die young homie. This year, I've lost a lot of good family too. It's weird the way things work.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2009, 01:20:48 PM »
Its kind of fucked up that people die everyday, yet its only a tragedy when a famous person dies.
Let's be real though. 95% of people in this world don't amount to shit and don't benefit/influence the world in any way. Most people are just a waste of life. Anytime when someone with talent dies or someone who made a contribution in the world passes away, we should be a little upset because there are more fuck ups brought into the world than good people.

Not to say Billy Mays was a saint or anything lol, but that's just how I look at it.

That's a pessimistic attitude. What makes him better than you or me? We dont' even know these people personally. For all we know he was an asshole in real life. For all we know MJ was a child molester. What if you knew for a fact that MJ had molested like 50 kids? Would you still mourn his death? Most people just go about their ordinary lives, and either don't get the chance or don't have the talent to become someone famous. Or they are satisfied with doing ordinary things. What's wrong with that? That doesn't make them any less of a human being then a famous singer. If MJ hadn't been born into the Jackson family he probably would have been a nobody, a "waste of life" as you choose to put it. I didn't get to choose who I am in life. I couldn't choose to be born with a singing voice into a singing family and have my dad put me in a music group so i could make it big. I have to live my life with what I was given, and I'm fine with that because I could care less about trying to be famous and leave a mark on the world. I'm satisfied leaving a mark on the people who know me and being the best person I can be. it just ticks me off that according to you this makes me a "waste of life." I believe all life should be valued, as long as the person is not evil and fucking up other people's lives.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 01:22:25 PM by rapsodie »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2009, 01:27:34 PM »

real fuckin' talk.

but this is some sad shit, dude was getting ready to host a show on TV. :-\

Sikotic™

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2009, 01:35:59 PM »

That's a pessimistic attitude. What makes him better than you or me? We dont' even know these people personally. For all we know he was an asshole in real life. For all we know MJ was a child molester. What if you knew for a fact that MJ had molested like 50 kids? Would you still mourn his death? Most people just go about their ordinary lives, and either don't get the chance or don't have the talent to become someone famous. Or they are satisfied with doing ordinary things. What's wrong with that? That doesn't make them any less of a human being then a famous singer. If MJ hadn't been born into the Jackson family he probably would have been a nobody, a "waste of life" as you choose to put it. I didn't get to choose who I am in life. I couldn't choose to be born with a singing voice into a singing family and have my dad put me in a music group so i could make it big. I have to live my life with what I was given, and I'm fine with that because I could care less about trying to be famous and leave a mark on the world. I'm satisfied leaving a mark on the people who know me and being the best person I can be. it just ticks me off that according to you this makes me a "waste of life." I believe all life should be valued, as long as the person is not evil and fucking up other people's lives.
You say I have a pessimistic attitude, but I say you have low standards in life.  I don't give a fuck if MJ was a serial killer, nothing can take away from his talent and the impact he left on the world.

But that's besides the point. And I'm not talking about people with fame, if you read what I said again you would see that clearly. I said people that have talent and make a contribution to the world. And yes, those people are better than you average Joe because they put their skills to use to make the world a better place. If everyone pitched in a little in this world, society wouldn't be nearly as fucked up as it is. Wouldn't you agree?

The reason the world is in the position it is in now is because most people are selfish, conniving and will step on each other just for their own gain. MOST people. And yes, those people are lame fucks that are a waste of life. If you don't make some kind of contribution to society than you're a lame fuck. Now whether that's being a famous singer that performs to make people's day, the president of the United States or a father that does his best to raise his kids and provide for his family, it doesn't matter. You said you want to leave a mark on your loved ones, then good for you, you're not a waste of life.

And yes, all life is valued. But you wanna tell me that President Obama's life is just as valuable as the guy working the register at your local McDonald's? Nigga please.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2009, 01:51:52 PM »

You say I have a pessimistic attitude, but I say you have low standards in life.  I don't give a fuck if MJ was a serial killer, nothing can take away from his talent and the impact he left on the world.

But that's besides the point. And I'm not talking about people with fame, if you read what I said again you would see that clearly. I said people that have talent and make a contribution to the world. And yes, those people are better than you average Joe because they put their skills to use to make the world a better place. If everyone pitched in a little in this world, society wouldn't be nearly as fucked up as it is. Wouldn't you agree?

The reason the world is in the position it is in now is because most people are selfish, conniving and will step on each other just for their own gain. MOST people. And yes, those people are lame fucks that are a waste of life. If you don't make some kind of contribution to society than you're a lame fuck. Now whether that's being a famous singer that performs to make people's day, the president of the United States or a father that does his best to raise his kids and provide for his family, it doesn't matter. You said you want to leave a mark on your loved ones, then good for you, you're not a waste of life.

And yes, all life is valued. But you wanna tell me that President Obama's life is just as valuable as the guy working the register at your local McDonald's? Nigga please.

Being a performer doesn't necessarily make you a better person at all. For all you know most singers are in it for the money (many rappers certainly are), rather than making music to make people feel good.

Talent is something you are born with. Now if you have a talent, and you don't use it or you use it in a negative way, that's one thing. But basically what I am saying is that a nurse who spends their life saving others is worth just as much as the president, even though it is a much more common profession that many people do. And yes, maybe the guy working at McDonald's is in poverty and working his ass off every day to provide for his family. It doesn't matter the scope, as long as you are doing something meaningful.

And I have to disagree with you that most people are selfish and conniving.

Another thing, you made this thread to pay respects to a famous salesman. What makes his profession any better than that of the average human being? Just because he is a television personality?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 01:56:05 PM by rapsodie »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2009, 02:07:21 PM »
nah im wit sik on this
and in respone to this

Another thing, you made this thread to pay respects to a famous salesman. What makes his profession any better than that of the average human being? Just because he is a television personality?

IMO what sik is tryna say is that what billy, mj did, or what these people did not many will be able to do. so of course the local duke workin the register wont be able to create and do what they did whatever they did bad or good elsewhere. does that make them more special, yeah cuz they did more for the people. does that make them more powerful-yeah cuz they made powerful moves for the people.
but it doesnt make them more hardbody in a sense bow down to them cuz they are more powerful cuz we are all people but what they did noone will be able to do, especially mj
Cube

Sikotic™

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2009, 02:45:45 PM »

Being a performer doesn't necessarily make you a better person at all. For all you know most singers are in it for the money (many rappers certainly are), rather than making music to make people feel good.

Talent is something you are born with. Now if you have a talent, and you don't use it or you use it in a negative way, that's one thing. But basically what I am saying is that a nurse who spends their life saving others is worth just as much as the president, even though it is a much more common profession that many people do. And yes, maybe the guy working at McDonald's is in poverty and working his ass off every day to provide for his family. It doesn't matter the scope, as long as you are doing something meaningful.

And I have to disagree with you that most people are selfish and conniving.

Bringing a smile to people's faces isn't a good thing? Making music like "We Are The World" to benefit Africa isn't a good thing? You're either completely understanding what i'm saying or I'm not saying it properly, so I'll say it again. Using your talent and/or skills to better the world is something commendable and something most people don't do. This is why the world is so fucked up.

Take pollution as an analogy. Most people in the world don't recycle, pollute the environment and are ultimately destroying the earth. A small percentage of people go out of their way to recycle and commute to work just to reduce their overall pollution. Whether they recycle a million cans a year ot just 10 cans a year, they are still trying to do their part to save the world. Meanwhile, 99% of people still throw away glass, plastics, and other recyclables in the trash and drive SUVs, thus destroying the world. Those who recycle are more valuable to us because they are doing their part to help everyone and they set an example to others. Now, apply that to what I'm saying about people applying their talents for good and people who don't do shit except consume air or populate the earth with future crackheads and lowlifes.

And I am not taking anything away from the person working fast food. Busting his ass making fries for his family is a hell of a lot better than robbing for it. But no fucking way can you even say that it is the same as being the president. Not be a long shot.

And I never said Billy Mays was an amazing person for christ sake. Look:

Bottom line: fame has nothing to do with it. It's how you contribute to the world in your own way, and most people either don't contribute or they take away from it. Thus, making them wastes of life. Thats ALL I'm trying to say lol.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2009, 03:34:17 PM »

Bottom line: fame has nothing to do with it. It's how you contribute to the world in your own way, and most people either don't contribute or they take away from it. Thus, making them wastes of life. Thats ALL I'm trying to say lol.

I agree with this, except that despite what you say, most people aren't crackheads and lowlifes, and most of those who are had pretty fucked up childhoods and are fucked up as a result. Who's to say that if the guy working at Mickey D's had been given the same opportunity as Obama, he wouldn't be accomplishing something great as well? Has Obama accomplished more than someone working at Mickey D's? Yes. Does that make him a better person? Not necessarily.

My post was originally about how famous people get all the attention and tributes when they die, while ordinary (good) people die everyday and no one notices or seems to care. You made this post specifically paying respects to a tv salesman, which was entirely my point. Obviously he wasn't a saint, but you are still paying tribute to him, aren't you? Why? Because he's famous.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2009, 03:37:04 PM »
but alot of people consider him great for what he did or mj did so famous or not he went to extreme measures and did some crazy shit
there are alot of people who arent known but are still "looked as like god"
not as famous as others perhaps
Cube

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2009, 04:22:00 PM »
Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson...

Wanna know what my grandmother told me yesterday. She said..

'Ya know what? There's this old saying, first the elderly, than the ill, than the unexpected.'

I was like oh shitttttttttt.