Author Topic: Spurs trade Oberto, Bowen and K. Thomas to Bucks for Richard Jefferson!!  (Read 899 times)

tempo2

its great when people make arguments purey on statistics. what the stats dont tell you is what correct rotations were made, who scored the baskets when they were most needed? who scored the baskets within the team offence? who boxed out so his teamate could get the easier rebound? who made the pass that led to the assist pass? who gathered his players together and made the right adjusments on the fly?

all of these things are pre-requisites of tim duncan and is why he is a future hall of famer, debatable best power forward of all time player. try not to get too caught up in stats they dont tell the entire story.

every team in the league would want tim duncan.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Cmon NIK!  There has never been a single year when Gasol was bette than TD, how can you even argue this?

they scored virtually the same amount of points, while Gasol was the SECOND OPTION...Gasol also shot MUCH better percentages across the board and grabbed only 1 less board, despite playing with a much thicker front court. Gasol had the better season..Duncan was hurt half the time...dude is older now and more fragile.

lol Gasol averaged less points, boards, and blocks...while playing more minutes per game. How is that difficult to understand? lol Youre making yourself sound even more ridiculous the longer you argue. Gasol being a SECOND OPTION definetely contributes to his high shooting percentage. While TD is typically drawing double teams and having to score quick in order to avoid them, Gasol is benefiting from the double teams that Kobe draws, particular when driving to the lane...giving Gasol wide open looks at the basket lol. Get your basketball IQ up man...

you are such a fucking dumbass, daygo, i swear....LOL. Gasol had 12.9 shot attempts a game and scored 18.9. Duncan had 14.8 shot attempts and scored 19.3...really now, are you retarded? seriously? which stat looks better to you, moron? and did you ever stop to think that Duncan played 33 mins because thats all he was good for?? im sick of your pathetic shit, you try to argue the dumbest points and act like peoples valid opinions are ridiculous while doing so...STFU for once and realize how fucking stupid u look. you can say Duncan had a better season, go ahead...but tryna act like im way off for sayin Gasol had the more solid season is fuckin retarded, straight up.

lol Youve set yourself up for people calling your arguments involving Lakers, ridiculous, because of allt he ridiculous arguments you make. You think every Laker is the best at his position lol. If you could make an All Star lineup for the west, it would involve 5 Lakers in the starting 5. So its no wonder people laugh at what you have to say when you make baseless claims like "Gasol had a better year then Duncan", etc. Duncan had the better numbers, point blank. Gasols only real advantage was his field goal percentage, which like I said, is highly due to Kobe drawing double teams leaving Gasol wide open under the basket.  Gasol wasnt having to create for himself the way Duncan would (obviously). Pretty natural under those circumstances for Gasol to shoot better from the field.  But when he scores less, rebounds less, and blocks less (this is a bigman remember), even though he is playing more minutes...doesnt equate to a better season in my book lol.

but acting like one had a much better season than the other is the most ridiculous thing in all this, and that's exactly what you're doing......and stop making dumbass claims that hold no merit, such as "your all-star lineup would be 5 Lakers".....that is so beyond ridiculous and only makes your argument seem weaker, because you have to make up shit to support yourself. point-blank, it is far from clear cut as to who had the better season between Gasol and Duncan, so let it go and stop going over-the-top with everything..PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

its great when people make arguments purey on statistics. what the stats dont tell you is what correct rotations were made, who scored the baskets when they were most needed? who scored the baskets within the team offence? who boxed out so his teamate could get the easier rebound? who made the pass that led to the assist pass? who gathered his players together and made the right adjusments on the fly?

all of these things are pre-requisites of tim duncan and is why he is a future hall of famer, debatable best power forward of all time player. try not to get too caught up in stats they dont tell the entire story.

the point is, duncan had an off season by his standards, and gasol had a great one. the stats are similar (gasol shot better, had a better ft%, more steals, less turnovers and fouls..........duncan rebounded better and had more blocks...they scored the same).. neither had a MUCH better season than the other, so it's not something that isn't up for discussion like Daygo was trying his hardest to make it seem LOL

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

the point is, duncan had an off season by his standards, and gasol had a great one. the stats are similar (gasol shot better, had a better ft%, more steals, less turnovers and fouls..........duncan rebounded better and had more blocks...they scored the same).. neither had a MUCH better season than the other, so it's not something that isn't up for discussion like Daygo was trying his hardest to make it seem LOL

What u dont get is that Duncan had a better statistical year (even if it wasnt drastic), while playing less minutes.  Almost all other aspects of the game will fall in Duncans favor.  He is the guy the Spurs try to run the offense through, he is the guy who sets up his teammates, he is the guy who gets open looks for spot up shooters due to his presence on the court, he is the reason the Lakers even got Gasol in the first place lol.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yeah i dont understand duncan
he seems like a hater type of player/person but somehow he pulls off plays like its nuthin (of course wit manu and paker's tricks lol)
but hes their big man campus and has been, he got drafted there and hes still there?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

he seems like a hater type of player/person but somehow he pulls off plays like its nuthin (of course wit manu and paker's tricks lol)
but hes their big man campus and has been, he got drafted there and hes still there?

huh? You lost me on that one man lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

• Muthafuckin' Don!
lol nah im sayin ive always looked at duncan as a hater, he jus seems like hes got that barry bonds attitude/entrance
but that aside, he somehow pulls off some crazy plays but of course thanx to his size he can do that
hes always been a spur right?

huh? You lost me on that one man lol
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Now_Im_Not_Banned

What u dont get is that Duncan had a better statistical year (even if it wasnt drastic), while playing less minutes.  Almost all other aspects of the game will fall in Duncans favor.  He is the guy the Spurs try to run the offense through, he is the guy who sets up his teammates, he is the guy who gets open looks for spot up shooters due to his presence on the court, he is the reason the Lakers even got Gasol in the first place lol.

i still dont see how Duncan had the better statistical year when they scored the same, only Pau did it on much better percentages (ft AND fg)...Duncan played less minutes, but he also had more turnovers and fouls....any way you spin it, their stats are clearly comparable and their seasons are definitely on-par with each other, so your diss to me for my opinion of Gasol's season being better was off....anyways, this all stemmed from me saying our 2nd best player is currently as good (if not better) than your 1st best....even if you dont think Gasol is better, the fact that they're comparable should make you understand why Lakers currently would be ranked a lot higher than the Spurs....PeACe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
but do you rank them higher cuz they jus won the finals?
cuz i still think lakers should/could have won last year
Cube

Now_Im_Not_Banned

lakers are simply a better team....a better roster, better coach, fresher talent....we have all the advantages on san antonio....not to say they arent a good team, cuz they are, but i dont think theyve improved to the point where they can beat us in 7, no way.

tempo2

its impossible to gauge where san antonio really are in the pecking order. it all revolves around ginobillis health which is erratic at best.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

its impossible to gauge where san antonio really are in the pecking order. it all revolves around ginobillis health which is erratic at best.

the fact that it revolves around Ginoblis health is a big part of the reason they cant see us..

It revolved around Ginobli's health more last year, not so much this year. You gotta remember, each of the big three was out with injuries during the year last year. Had they been healthy all year they would have won 60 games.  Almost for sure his minutes/game will be down and part of picking up Jefferson was to add a scoring threat similar to Ginobli. Partly just to make them stronger, partly in case Ginobli doesnt play the whole season.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 10:15:13 AM by .:DaYg0sTyLz:. »

lakers are simply a better team....a better roster, better coach, fresher talent....we have all the advantages on san antonio....not to say they arent a good team, cuz they are, but i dont think theyve improved to the point where they can beat us in 7, no way.

lol you guys are the team to beat simply because you won the title last year. 95% of analyst out there would not say the Lakers are head and shoulders above the Spurs this coming year lol  You guys picked up Artest, but lost Ariza. You better hope to god Odom signs, or you guys got worse.  We've had probably the best off season of any team so far with free agency, the Jefferson trade, and what we picked up in the draft. We pretty much filled every spot we were hoping to fill and got lucky with the DeJuan Blair pickup in the draft.  If there is a gap between LA and SA its small at this point.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
in the last decade
how many times have they made the finals
and how many of those times did they have the same big 3?
how many times have they won the finals wit the same big 3?
Cube